Closed Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    angelbutterfly, so pleased to hear you're feeling better today. Keep that chin up as being positive HAS to help in the long run I reckon!

Hi kdgirl, I've read lots of people using acupuncturists. It must be a really positive thing as it seems really popular. I live in the country and hate to think how far away my nearest would be! But I'd look into it given the chance.

Roro - I know what you mean about strange conversations this early into TTC but do you find it helps a bit to have some sort of plan or hope for the future? I do. I feel like I want to know which direction we will head and have some time to mull it over and sit with it for a while before it becomes an urgent decision.

AFM, been feeling pains like ovulation on my left side today but i'm 6DPO so it's not that. I could be hopeful that it's implantation pains but I had it in the first month of trying too and it wound up being nothing. I think it's more likely to be the Christmas party food I ate at lunch time!!
    I kind of have my sights set on January being better because we're heading off on holidays and it might help us to 'try' a little better than we've managed the last couple of months with hectic work etc.
    Each month I seem to talk myself out of getting my hopes up....geez I'm a negative nelly....

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way kdgirl....Good luck for Friday or before!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm out for the month; AF arrived today, three days early (I guess my cycle hasn't stabilised as much as I thought).

Looking for the silver lining, that means next O is pretty close to Christmas Day!

Nat, I've been obsessing over the thought that maybe even thinking that conception might take a long time and need assistance might be putting my body off. I'm usually a very rational person and I know that is completely irrational (and then I started thinking that being irrational might be a preg symptom... and the hamster wheel in my brain just started spinning faster and faster). Going to have to ask for some sanity for Christmas, I think.

babydust to kdgirl, Nat, byline! future babydust to angelbutterfly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well to help with the waiting anxiety I started to type a mini book with all I need to know about ttc and options we used, the needs for my bubs when it happens, all necessary appointments with the pregnancy who with and what for, and also going as far as recipes for baby food. Maybe it may end up in the shop shelves lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I thought I'd chime in too. I'm 35 and this is our second month trying for #1. I'm now at about 9DPO (I think) and am imagining all sorts of symptoms. My breasts are slightly bigger and slightly more sensitive than usual, but this could just be a PMS symptom. I've never really paid much attention to my cycles before so I'm trying to keep track of all these signs. If this isn't the month then at least I'll have more info about what is normal for my body.

Baby dust to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbutterfly View Post
    Well to help with the waiting anxiety I started to type a mini book with all I need to know about ttc and options we used, the needs for my bubs when it happens, all necessary appointments with the pregnancy who with and what for, and also going as far as recipes for baby food. Maybe it may end up in the shop shelves lol
    what a great idea. as you said, keeps your focus on something positive and away from the anxiety

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    Hi All, I thought I'd chime in too. I'm 35 and this is our second month trying for #1. I'm now at about 9DPO (I think) and am imagining all sorts of symptoms. My breasts are slightly bigger and slightly more sensitive than usual, but this could just be a PMS symptom. I've never really paid much attention to my cycles before so I'm trying to keep track of all these signs. If this isn't the month then at least I'll have more info about what is normal for my body.

Baby dust to all!!
    Hi Meg2, I know what you mean about symptom spotting, I wonder about every little twinge I get and then also note all the symptoms i don't have.

Wow, I do over analyze too much though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel better knowing that we all notice every symptom, that it's not just me. Great idea angelbutterfly. We'll all buy a copy when we get the BFP!!
    Meg2, I know what you mean. I never even had any idea how long my cycles were before TTC. I had never paid attention to anything my body did in all these years. Now in 3 months of TTC I know far too much!!
    RoRo, completely with you on the hamster wheel. I often wonder how I'd have been had I been in my 20's when I started this. I have a feeling I'd be the "see what happens" type. It's only the ticking clock that's got me obsessing. Then again....maybe I'd always have been a nutter....

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a downer today. Last night a colleague told me she is pregnant. The big announcement to all other staff will be today and we have a staff dinner tonight so it'll be exciting times for her. I feel like a real brat but it's made me feel so flat and with the dinner I have to face it all day and evening. Of course I'm happy for her and I feel terrible that I'm making it about me (only in my own head, not to her) but I feel so flat. Also told hubby last night and he's noticed I'm flat this morning but of course doesn't make the connection. That's frustrating too (I'm hopeless at just telling him coz I feel so bratty)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat256, it doesn't sound like you are being bratty at all. As long as you are not being outwardly negative towards your colleague, you are absolutely allowed to feel down about the news. I thinks sometimes that we have all this extra pressure to conceive as soon as possible because we are over 35, so we get more stressed when other people around us are conceiving. There seems to be all this info 'out there' about how fertility declines after 35 so we all get a little more worried than we need to be. I just try to remember how many people that I know who have started their family in their mid to late 30s (there are heaps), and try to relax, it is really perfectly normal to wait until now and there is an extremely high likelihood that we will all be UTD before we know it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (16-12-2011)