Closed Thread
Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Nat. I think we might sort of be in the TWW wait together. I think I ovulated a few days ago, but with no opk's or temping, I'm not 100% sure. It's kind of good in that I don't know how many DPO and am not imagining symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Nat & Byline! I'm due to test Monday or thereabouts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Nat and Byline, lots of baby dust to you both!

How are you doing Roro you must be ovulating too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all

I'm not new to bh, but have just found this thread about 1.5hrs ago an have read through everything. I am also following the other over 35's thread but am not in the assisted repro stage just yet.

I'd like to chat with you gals. I am 36 (37 all too soon) and dh is 38. We have been trying in earnest since Nov 2010 but off the pill in July '10. We have ha no luck at all. Been on chinese herbs and acupuncture for 9 months and that certainly helped with my cycles.

In Nov we were referred to FS. Couldn't get in til Feb. Two weeks ago had a lap with dye test and flush and found some things. Feel like I am about to start the ttc journey afresh as the old oven has had a clean out . FS said to get to it when I felt up to it, which is now and conveniently I am on CD9 so got everything crossed (except the obvious).

My dh is super stressed at the moment and we've had two sperm tests which were vastly different from one another. Gotta get another I think.

I look forward to sharing the journey with you ladies. I also have giggled at the number of you that would be happy with twins. I don't think I could handle that. I run my own biz and that would put an end to that I would think .

I may be a bit like a few of the others and not post frequently, but be rest assured I am reading, just trying to not be too obsessed with the internet and the whole process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Gentoo and Wunsi! Join our merry gang

Dandelion5 you will tell us when you test, right? First one in the thread to get a BFP wins two whole internets.

Maplefern I'm nearly at O, I think. It's due on Tuesday but I think it might be a day or two early as I got EWCM two days early - maybe the Vitex is having some effect. I turn 38 on Monday so am hoping for a birthday baby :-D.

I resolved my overseas trip issue! I don't have to go! I tried the unusual angle of being completely honest and saying I didn't want to go because it would interfere with my TTC. Not only was my (male) boss totally okay with that (if a bit shaken and wild-eyed that I'd said it out loud) but we identified one of my junior colleagues who can take my place, with some remote support from me. It's a great opportunity for her, she's very excited, and I feel like I'm giving another woman a leg up in her career while getting my chance at babies at the same time. Feminism FTW! I can't imagine that happening in a workplace a couple of decades ago.

Nat, how is the moving house going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, roro I should o on tues too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, we can do the tww together wunsi!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, just came in and read the recent posts after a busy weekend. Our St Patrick's dinner party was a great success with a great fun night. All cleaned up and back in the real world now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RoRo!!! Hope you get spoilt and have a great day. Well done on organising the OS trip for someone else. Way to shock the boss...honesty! My male boss has these moments too as he has an all female staff and often doesn't know exactly how to handle 'womens things'...hee hee.

Wunsi - welcome! great to have you along and nice to have more people to share experiences on this journey. Hope you have success really soon!

Dandelion 5 - how'd the testing go?? Was it today? Look forward to hearing.

Well, not much hope for us this month...again. I think we missed our O time with everything else going on. TTC at this moment has been hopeless with so much else going on. I'm frustrated but I suppose that's the way it goes.

The builders begin at our farm today, doing extensions to the cottage, finishing kitchen/bathroom etc, so hopefully we can move out there in a month or so. Now that it's handed over to them I hope we can step back from renovations for a bit and take some time out to focus on us. I'm trying to be patient but the months seem to be ticking by too quickly right now. Have had a talk with hubby about making TTC a focus again or we'll miss out altogether. My fault as much as his but we need to get together and be more careful with our calendar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A bit longer to wait

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Got a new set of blood test results today. My B12 was easily fixed by vitamin supplements but my thyroid is definitely on struggle street, so I'm starting on thyroxine today. It might push out our planned May TTCC start by a month or two, but I guess it could be worse. And on a positive note, my diagnosis may also have helped my sister - the symptoms sound a lot like her own, so she's off to get checked too.

And in the meantime, I'll send all my good karma to those of you who are actively TTCC - hoping to hear of lots of positive results coming in!

Roro - I love that you told your boss up front what the issue was! I have occasional site visits (Philippines earlier this month, with threats of Africa coming up soon), and I was wondering how to manage it once we'd started TTCC. (Made all the more complicated by DH working one FIFO swing each month...) It'd be a trade off between wanting to get the timing right for conception while also not wanting to jeopardise the chance for a promotion this year by giving them any hint of future maternity leave. (I know they're not supposed to allow that to be a consideration, but I can't see how they could ignore the possibility of me taking off for 6 - 12 months when it came to promotions!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Roro I hope you get your present in 2 weeks.

Gentoo, Good luck with the thyroxine, I hope it helps you.