Closed Thread
Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't look good for me either this month - my temp was down this morning, although still above cover line, and now I've got spotting. Looks like AF is imminent.

At least the progesterone has given me a 15 day luteal phase! That's such a big change from 7-8 days. It gives me hope that we too will get the baby that's waiting for us.

I've also just realised that my parents didn't conceive until 1.5 years after they got married. I think I might ask Mum whether they were trying that whole time.

Nat, I hope your test results are perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Yes we all have bubs coming to us, we just need to be patient.

Maplefern I hope all is ok with your thyroid. That never occured to me about rubella, I thought the injection was for life, didn't realise it wore off.

Roro, it sound like AF is coming but glad to hear your LP was 15 days.

Nat, glad your partner got to make the trip. It is quite an effort to get there so good on him. I hope everything is ok.

Roro I had the same though. My parents were married 4 years before they had my brother. I asked my Mum but she said they were waiting till they had their house built. She said my brother took 2 months but I was conceived first go. My partner came along 9 years after his parents were married. He said he was a suprise as they had given up and thought they wouldn't have children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well AF arrived today which I was kind of expecting, got some results back today, thyroid results are still all over the place, still haven't heard back about rubella tests yet. So have to see the doctor again going to go Wed after ultrasound on Tues so there are more results. How did you go Roro? Did you find out from your mum about her ttc?

Fingers crossed for your hubbys results Nat hopefully all your DH's swimmers are all good.

Thanks Byline, no I didn't know it wore off either, but apparently it can happen, my doctor said that she had another patient that had to get hers done before ttc too and she was my age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF in full swing for me too. Another month together for the 35+ girls!

Byline, you must be coming up to O now? How's it going?

I haven't talked to Mum yet as I'm going to wait til I see her at the weekend. She knows we are trying, and the strain if not asking for updates is killing her :-).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Roro and maplefern, sorry to read that you're officially out for this month. Bummer.

Interesting to read the mum conversations. It's nice to share experiences with mums and see how things are alike and different. Unfortunately my mum passed away when I was in my mid-twenties but I remember her telling me that she had relatively easy births so I'm hoping that that IS hereditary when the time comes!! My brother was born only a year after my parents married and I was a couple of years later so I don't think they had much difficulty conceiving.

My husband's parents had 3 children and then 11 years after the last one 'accidentally' fell pregnant with another and then had another so he'd be a similar age. They were around 40 with the last two. I think that's why hubby doesn't stress too much about TTC at our age.

We had a lovely story of a lady in our small town who rarely ever had a period her whole life and couldn't conceive so they adopted a boy from Korea. Just as he was growing up and heading to high school, she fell pregnant with a little girl at age 43! A complete shock the them. It's so great to see them all together now. Nice for their son to have a sibling and she is loving being a parent to a little one again. Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about AF Roro, at least with the longer luteral phase your chances are better at catching that egg, lots of for you for this month!

Nat that good that both sides of your family have a good history for ttc, gives you hope that it will be your turn soon. What a lovely surprise for that couple after not being able to conceive for so long to have their own bundle of joy, amazing

Got the last of my test results, definitely have to have that rubella injection, still not immune, gggrrr! Mind you it will probably take a couple of months to get thyroid fixed, but still we could have still tried while thyroid is getting fixed. Oh well back to ttc'ing in a couple of months hopefully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh Maplefern....how annoying for you! I'd never even considered the rubella thing. I wonder if mine got checked in my bloods recently. It's never been mentioned by my doc.

Hubby got his blood and swimmer test results yesterday and everything is 'normal'. We have to phone again on Tuesday for the exact readings (once the doc has had a look) but the nurse said everything has come up as normal so we're happy. Did anyone else's hubby seem particularly proud of himself??? Cracks me up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat, glad hubbys test results were good, they said that DH's sperm count was good too but didn't go any further into it and ha ha yes hubby is pretty proud at that! Maybe you better check if they done a rubella test, my doc said just recently she had a patient that got german measles in her first trimester and her daughter is now deaf and blind which is sad. My doc also said though you don't really get it in Australia now it is usually immigrants or tourists that bring it in. But as I work in a resort better be safe than sorry!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maplefern For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll def check maplefern. Not worth the risk, that's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suppose it's not too surprising that all three of us didn't have any rubella antibodies left - the vaccine is given at age 12 here and I assume it's the same in Oz. it's been a while since any of us were 12 .

I asked my Mum today - she said she and Dad started trying as soon as they got married, and it took 15 months to conceive me. She was 34 when she conceived me and 36 for my brother. No m/cs during that time (that she was willing to tell me about, anyway). And I remembered to thank her for not asking for updates - at which she said she thought we'd stopped trying! So I got to bring her up to date on all the advances in ttc tech over the last 37 years and told her about the progesterone I'm taking now.

Speaking of progesterone, just in case any of you try it: the pg symptoms I was getting (sore boobs, nausea, dizziness) are apparently quite common. Nice of my doc not to warn me :-/.

Maplefern I hope you can treat yourself while you're waiting - wine, Brie, sushi...!