Closed Thread
Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow RoRo, that's amazing! How funny the odd things our bodies do.

for all of you waiting out the torturous two weeks!!! Sending all my best bubby vibes your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

No luck for me, AF arrived yesterday. I've decided that this month there will be no temping or opk's. Try and not put pressure on myself.

Good luck RoRo and Maplefern. Hopefully you both have good news this time next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Byline sorry to hear about AF, this month I decided to test less and only have one pregnancy test left to use this month, so will have to wait for a good time to test unless I got mad and buy more lol! Have never used temps either so suppose thats one less worry...

Roro thats a lucky sign, know what you mean about crazy symptoms! My body has acted so weird this month felt like I got really bad PMS a few days before and a few days after ovulation and know feeling tired and sick on and off and no energy (hopefully a good sign)

Got blood tests yesterday, I ovulated which is positive just need to see my doctor again to talk about my thyroid, apparently nothing serious though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to read that byline. Take it easy and see what the 'cruisy' month brings.

Maplefern, great to read that the blood tests are good. It's nice to know for sure that O arrives.

Sending to all in the wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Well AF arrived yesterday on the day that would've been my approx due date if not for my miscarriage last year. Bummer coincidence - the universe is certainly testing my resilience! It was a tough teary day but I've woken up today feeling more positive even with full on p/pain!!

Although I'm rarely commenting, I am reading all the threads and thinking of you all! I agree that it's hard finding the balance of doing all you can but trying not to get over obsessed!! We still have to enjoy life!!

There are babies all around me at the moment and today I'm going to a family catch up where there'll be a few littlies to meet! I internalise it a bit but in the moment I of course enjoy their company and it will be nice to see some relos!

Now that I think about it though, I think I have been a bit less sociable this year with some neighbours/local friends that have just had their second bubs or are pregnant with their second. I think that was a subconscious thing as I've only just realised it! Often with those catch ups I'm the only one with no kids so the conversation naturally is all about kids/breastfeeding/solids etc etc and I start to feel like I have gatecrashed a mothers/play group!! Then whilst I'm trying to listen but not feeling qualified to comment, they'll remember I'm there and say - "so how's work?" which is so obvious and awkward! Funny now that I think about it (I'm having a giggle as I write this because it is a bit of a comedy skit)

Anyway that's my rant.

Take care everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh geez Dandelion5, that's a tough day. Sorry to hear that AF arrived and made your time doubly bad. Hope you managed okay. I can't imagine how that due date must feel

Your post made me laugh tho...reading about the 'how's work' comment. I get exactly the same. I feel like I don't quite have a place at some get togethers. I envy my husband because he reckons it's not the same with blokes. They aren't talking about kids as much and life goes on as normal for him. But I also find the work conversation is the fall back and it makes me feel like they must think I'm career obsessed or something and have nothing else to talk about. I know it's not that though, they're just trying to find something to talk about.

I had an interesting conversation with a workmate the other day. She was wondering why I'd cut back to working 4 days a week this year and it occurred to her that I've been working full time for nearly 20 years (not at the same place!) and hadn't had any real break, where she'd had time away for 4 kids along the way, as had every other staff member who we work with. I said "EXACTLY!" I'm there when everyone comes and goes and I love my job, but it's not my whole world. I think the time off is socially acceptable for parenting but taking it for other interests etc is questioned. A bit of a gripe....

On a happy note, I went to the city and back today to see my new puppy and fell in love! The 8 hours of driving was well worth the cuddle! So I paid the deposit and she's going to be all mine at Easter. I'm SO excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT256 that's awesome! Such a long drive but such a great reward. Only a few weeks til Easter now . I get the "so how's work?" thing all the time with my friends too. I'm quite tempted to tell stories of my workmates in the same tone as they tell stories of their kids... "oh it was so CUTE yesterday, James submitted just the SWEETEST status report".

Dandelion hugs to you - I hope your positive mood is continuing and you're feeling strong. How was the family catchup?

Byline, how's the cruisy month going? Maybe you'll end up getting a puppy too!

12 DPO for me and Maplefern today. Maplefern, how are you doing? I'm glad your bloods were good!

I've never made it to 12 DPO before; the progesterone is working wonderfully. Today's the last day of taking it so am expecting AF on Wednesday... or not . No symptoms, except imaginary ones, and I tested yesterday at 11DPO and got a BFN. I spent a sleepless hour putting my rusty maths to use calculating probabilities of still being pregnant despite an 11DPO BFN. But frankly, getting a luteal phase longer than 8 days gives me great hope that eventually we'll get a bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You cracked me up with that RoRo! Perhaps it's a strategy to try at work. The one good thing about being older is that most of my friends now have kids in high school so there's a lot less kiddy talk than there used to be. Of course the down side of this is that they'll all be bored to tears with MY baby talk some day because they're past interest in that! Hee hee.

So pleased to hear that the luteal phase has extended RoRo. That is brilliant news and must give you a far better chance so that it happens quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to you dandelion5 sorry to hear about AF.... Love your work story and Roro nice twist on the work story lol! I'm lucky my workmates are mostly older and are probably going to end up with a lot of cats (if you know what I mean) and the others are young and not thinking about it and my friends here don't have kids. Know what you mean though when visiting back in NZ I have a few friends and sisters with babies kids and when they get together there is not much that I can contribute to the conversation so hang out with the kids

Nat how exciting and what a great easter present, bet you it was well worth the drive!

Hey Roro I'm getting along fine no real symptoms yet, congrats on getting to 12DPO and fingers crossed! Haven't done a test yet, going to wait til Wednesday going to see my doctor then, she wants to talk to me about my thyroid apparently nothing to worry about, have read though it can effect fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roro and maplefern...what has Wednesday brought for you? Great news I hope!!