Closed Thread
Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll probably all think I'm nuts but we've basically taken a month off of TTC. So far we haven't DTD in the fertile time at all and tonight is probably our only chance. I did an OPK yesterday which was dark (not sure if it was a positive though) so I may have missed it last night or there's a possibility today but who knows?? I haven't been taking temperatures barely at all either so I'm all out of whack with what's going on.

I think I just needed a break and it seems to have come around so quickly again that I just haven't been ready to do the count down again. Hubby and I have been pretty on edge with each other this week because of all sorts of big decisions etc we're trying to make and I'm sort of feeling that it's more important to look after my marriage and take the pressure off than try our hardest this month.

So we'll see what happens tonight and what the OPKs say in the next couple of days in case I haven't missed it. But I may not be in the running at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you are nuts at all Nat. You don't want it to feel like a chore, or ever think, gee we have to do this right now. It's put unecessary pressure on both of you and can lead to tension.

I have been taking temps this month and have no idea if I will stick to it. It was good that I knew I ovulated this month, but if we aren't lucky this month, I think I will just relax next month.

As for me I am 11dpo. AF is due on Tue or Wed so I will see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck byline!

I just got two dark lines on OPK so obviously the other day wasn't it, I had my doubts. So I suppose we still have the option. We'll see what happens...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No Nat I don't think you are crazy especially when it is for your relationships benefit... Did you end up making use of you late OPK?

Good luck Byline for no AF.

I am off for my blood tests today, hoping they will come out all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck maplefern! Hope all results are good.

No we are out for this month so at least I'll avoid the TWW. I feel really good about just relaxing for a while. It isn't DTD that's really the problem, just having it on my mind all the time. So I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the next two or three weeks of not symptom spotting and will start fresh next month.

On another note though....perhaps I'm starting to compensate because I've just decided to get a puppy!! My old labrador, Matilda, was 13 when I put her to sleep a nearly 3 years ago and I've felt very anti getting another dog because I've been SO sad to lose her. But this past week I've felt it's time. I think it's because we're moving to the farm soon and I want a dog around while I'm pottering out there. My husband has a kelpie but he's so loyal to only him that he's hardly my pet at all. So I've got a chocolate labrador on hold and will head to the city on the weekend to see her and pay the deposit if I decide to go ahead. I've been umming and ahing but it feels like the right time. On a lovely note, I just got home from work to a present from my hubby on the counter: the money for the pup, a chew toy and some puppy treats with a lovely card saying how pleased he is that I'm ready for another pup and how lucky the pup will be to have me. Awwwwwwww!!!! I suppose that means I'm going ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the blood tests went well Maplefern.

I'm out this month. My temp dropped this morning and I know AF will start tomorrow. I don't ovulate till around CD18 so we will see then if we want to try or take a month off and not think about it.

Lucy you Nat. I love labradors, in fact I love most big dogs. I grew up always having a dog and would love one. We have a small back yard though so it wouldn't be fair. Make sure you post a pic when you get her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I will byline! She might be my only bub for a little while so she'll get all the cuddles. She'll be ready at Easter.

Sorry to hear about the temp drop I really hope it isn't AF.

I can recommend the month off for clearing the head. Even waking up and not taking temps feels like a relief. I feel like I'll be excited to get started again next month and we definitely will, but right now I'm going to make the most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great idea to get a puppy, NAT246! chocolate labs are gorgeous too - so happy all the time.

I'm glad taking a month off has been good for you. I didn't temp properly today cos my thermometer was in the wrong place (got back late from overnight work trip) and it made me a little crazy .

I'm in the crazy-making second week now anyway - 7dpo today - so I'll be fretful over the next few days. First month taking progesterone to get my luteal phase beyond 8 days; I'll let you know if it works.

Maplefern have your bloods come back? Hope everything is utterly normal!

Byline sorry to hear your temp dropped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat how exciting to have a possible new addition, that was soo sweet of your hubby too, it does look like a possible yes... Can't wait till we move to a house and are able to have a puppy of our own.

Byline hopefully temperature drop doesn't mean AF today....

Roro (my ttc twin) 7DPO for me too and feeling anxious as well, hate the 2WW feels like a month wait!

Haven't got blood tests yet, they said it will probably take a couple days, going to ring tomorrow to find out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm noticing such random things about my body now that I'm tracking it so much more closely than I ever have before. Today's fun observation is that my tinnitus, which I've always thought arrived and departed randomly, seems to match my luteal phase. It started on the day I Oed and is still here, and I vaguely noticed it last month too.

Now that I've noticed this, it's making me much happier about having tinnitus; when I wake up in the morning and hear the whistle in my ears I know AF isn't coming today. Strange, but good.

(me with my ears ringing)