Closed Thread
Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat glad to hear you survived the inlaws! Sorry to hear about AF

We survived Mount Warning this weekend a friend of ours decided to conquer it for her birthday, we made it up in an 1 hr 20mins quite proud of myself (especially beating some of the 20 somethings by 10 to 40 mins!

Did an OPK today and got a negative, due to ovulate any day now......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done Maplefern!! So impressed with your active lifestyle. Keeping busy and active HAS to help this process. I'm getting my activity on the farm. We have 80 acres just out of town and we've been renovating an old 1854 cottage to live in out there. It's nearly done and we will be moving out there soon (hopefully by April) in the meantime we are getting the garden, chook sheds, vegie patches etc established. So exercise for me at the moment, when not working, is in the form of digging and building! I also got a great workout slashing a paddock for six hours on the tractor the other day! Cheaper than a gym membership So we're trying to keep motivated to build a lovely home environment for ourselves and hopefully the bubs we will welcome in soon

What are other people's interests/hobbies etc? When not bubby obsessing of course....

Good luck with O this week maplefern. I'll start OPKs by the end of the week too. Just ordered some more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

NAT256, sorry to hear AF arrived but big props to you for staying so positive! ( and well done for surviving the in laws ). are you going to try anything different this cycle?

Maplefern, have your hubby's test results come back yet? My hubby seems somewhat dismayed by his results, even though they were really good in all but one aspect - he's worried we were BDing too often and wearing the poor little guys out :-/

Nat you sound like a renovation guru! I love the idea of a cottage in the countryside, with animals and a big proper garden. You asked about non-TTC hobbies; I'm growing herbs and stuff this year because I love to cook. I've branched out from dinners to making bread, and then making cheese, and I've just started making lots of pasta. Lovely healthy stuff (not). DH and I like to cook together at the weekend. It's our main creative outlet - neither of us are all that good at making other things, or art, but we can be proud of making a delicious meal.

O day is tomorrow going by my OPK this evening. BD yesterday and today already so I'm feeling pretty good that we're timing it well. I'll be taking progesterone from 5 DPO - let's see if that helps lengthen my luteal phase like it's supposed to!

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got hubbys test results back and sperm count is all good hooray! Finally got a positive OPK tonight hooray again!

Roro glad to hear your hubbys tests are all good Love your hobby I love cooking too and trying new things and it's good when we can all share our hobby's with our DH's.

Nat how exciting for you getting your new house and property renovated, will be a great accomplishment when you're done and a nice place to raise a family, and yes all that hard work is much cheaper than a gym membership lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roro my DH is starting to get worried about DTDing too often now as well, told him have to DTD for 2 more nights now cause because I got a positive OPK, got to catch that egg ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey we're O buddies again maplefern! Let there be BDing on both sides of the Tasman tonight :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of that , it's past 9pm for me. G'night all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry to hear AF arrived. As RoRo said, you don't sound as down about it this time. I am so jealous to hear you live on 80 acres. I would love to live on a bit of land (not 80 acres but wouldn't mind 5 acres). We have a very small garden. We have grown a few vegies this summer and are quite happy with what we have produced. I would love a dog but I am a big dog person and it would be cruel to leave it in the yard we have.

Happy BD'ing Maplefern and RoRo. Glad to hear your hubbys' swimmers are good. Now go put them to good use tonight.

As for me I'm 7 dpo. I started using FF this month so that will give me a better idea of my cycled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Roro and byline, we sound similar with the herb and vegie growing and cooking. I'd LOVE to learn to make cheese Roro, so if there is a good website or book you can recommend it's on my bucket list....along with fifty thousand other projects

Byline, yes 80 acres sounds like a lot as a hobby farm but the sheep mostly take care of themselves on 70 acres of it so it's really not too bad. I've taken a day a week off of work now though to get more done out there and enjoy the lifestyle instead of trying to do it all on weekends.
    RoRo, we are putting a wood oven in our cottage and I've been practising a little bit of bread making. It should be fun to test out my skills on the wood oven! Of course we also have the modern, usual oven too....I'm not THAT old school!!

Great news about the swimmer testing that's happening. Hopefully my hubby's is good too. He was supposed to go yesterday but he couldn't get there in the end due to work (it's a 3 hour round trip to go and do the test). So now I think we'll get through our fertile days and he can go late next week. No great hurry as we can't get into an obstetrician for a while anyhow. I'd like to know though!

Well, good luck for the BD that's going on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Roro yes same again! Didn't get much DTDing done in the end, managed to the night I got a positive but DH and I ended up flying to Melbourne last minute next morning, we had to drive a car back up to the Gold Coast. DH works for a rental car company, one of their renters hired a car and never brought it back! Couple weeks later had a call from Melbourne Airport to say that it was there! We spent a night in Melbourne and caught up with friends of ours for dinner etc and were too tired by the time we got back ( We spent a night in Sydney too which was cool and got home last night. Never drive that far again lol! See you are also from NZ too, I'm kiwi too from the south island but lived in auckland for quite a few years before moving to the gold coast.

How are you doing byline and nat, did your hubby manage to get his swimmers tested nat, wow that is a long trip!

I have a miniture garden on the balcony of our apartment a couple of herbs and a tomato plant so nice to have fresh veges from the garden even if its just a little patch he he, hopefully when we get a house we can have a bigger garden.