Closed Thread
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RoRo,

There is always room for one more.

We didn't try sperm meets egg, but may look at it next month if this month isn't succesful.

I had bad cramping in my lower back yesterday but that is about it. It is too early for pregnancy tests, but I am going to try and hold off till Sunday/Monday. I would like to try and hold off till Christmas Eve, but I know I will crack before then,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome RoRo, great to have more along!
    We tried the Sperm Meets Egg method last month but missed one crucial day when we were both away with work. So can't say if it works or not. I have short cycles so by the time we start on Day 8 it's only a couple of days til O anyhow usually. Are you giving it a go?

Well, I'm now 5DPO and not feeling any symptoms at all. I'd love to have just one month where I at least feel something!

Do any of you take temperatures and chart? I'm trying to do this on Fertility Friend so that I have some info on what my cycles do exactly if we need further help conceiving later. Don't know if it's worth it but thought I might as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was doing temperature charts but it's hopeless with the implanon some months I ovulate and other times I don't but I get the implanon out on the 4th Jan so I can chart properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a downer today, so hate doing this waiting till February but I also know I have to do everything I can to be a healthy mum and have a very healthy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing Angelbutterfly. I can only imagine the frustration. I so so so hope that the time passes quickly for you. You're right that it's most important to focus on your health and make sure you'll be the best you can be. Let's hope you're rewarded with a quick positive result so that the wait will have been worth it. It sounds like you well and truly deserve it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by byline View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks for the heads up about the thread NAT256, I hadn't seen it.

My partner and I are both 35 and this is our first month of TTC our first. We hope it happens naturally as we don't think we will look at alternative means (except maybe Chinese medicine) if it doesn't.

My cycles are still regular but have been starting to differ. I was 32 days then started to range between 30 and 38 and for the last two have been 32 days again. Iused the clear blue ovulation digital predictor this month (the one that gives you a smiley face when the surge is detected) as I wasn't sure when (or if) I was ovulating. I had to use it in to morning as the problem with this one is you can't have gone to the toilet 4 hours previously. Anyway I got the smiley face on Tuesday morning, so I think the surge happened on the Monday as I had ewcm, but I also had it on Wednesday. We BD Sunday, Monday and Wednesday night. So I will see how we go.
    Byline, I just re-read this post as hubby and I are starting to talk about how far we'll go with the assisted fertility if we need to. I know we're relatively early days (third month trying) but we need to be realistic. Can I ask why you think you wouldn't try alternative means if you need? I'm considering whether I would and not sure and I'm interested to hear anyone else's views/feelings on this (I know it's personal so feel free not to comment).

Thanks
    Reviews
    AngelButterfly. I echo what Nat256 said. The healthier you are, the healthier your bub would be.

Nat256 I know of 3 couples who have tried IVF and it didn't work. IVF works fo a lot of couples, but the experience was costly for them and we couldn't afford this. The 3 couples have all managed to conceive though thanks to Chinese medicine. My mum saw a tv show on Chinese medicine helping couples conceive about 8 years ago. She knew her friend's daughter was having problems so she gave her friend the details who passed it on to her daughter who conceived. With the couples I know I was curious as to why they didn't look into Chinese medicine. The reason was because they hadn't really heard of it and it was not recommended to them. My partner and I have talked about 12 months down the track and have sort of agreed, that IVF won't be an option, but Chinese medicine will.

I am not charting yet. I started taking Blackmores conceive well 2 months ago. My partner isn't taking anything. I suggested menevit to him, but I don't want to push him.

I'm still holding out hope for this month though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbutterfly View Post
    Having a downer today, so hate doing this waiting till February but I also know I have to do everything I can to be a healthy mum and have a very healthy baby.
    Hugs to you from me too - two months seems like a long time doesn't it. But it'll end up with a healthy baby!

Nat, I've been charting temps for about four months now and taking OPK tests this month. My temps were all over the place which made it very hard to spot O day, but it turned out to be the one day I had to be away for work too :-/. Didn't think I should wake DH at 1am when I got home.

We've been talking tentatively about what assistance we would be okay with .... It feels strange to have these conversations when we've only been trying a couple of months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, you are not alone. I am 35 and in our fourth month after coming off the pill (after approx 15 years) and ttc. I am due for AF on Friday so will no by then if I'm to do fifth month trying. I have been using opks and sperm meets egg method and this month I've gone to an acupuncturist but she said it will probably take a couple of months to assist. From what I can tell so far I have a short LP (approx 10-11 days)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your support, much happier today.