Closed Thread
Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Hi Bubby4us, you're very welcome to join in. We'd love to have you along. Good luck!!

Thanks byline. I have been taking the Conceive Well and but might look at the Menevit for hubby.

Naboo - I'm sure I'm ovulating really regularly. I chart and it's very consistent and easy to tell. Also the OPKs are always clear and fit with the charting. My cycles have been super regular (which I'm really pleased about) so I think so far we may just be unlucky. Because it seems that I am ovulating regularly, that's why hubby is keen to make sure his part is okay too. I suppose it's just another thing we can try to make sure we're covering.
    I got my hubby to start taking Menevit at the start of this month and noticed a big difference in the increased amount of semen! Due to ovulate in the next couple of days so hopefully it helps us to concieve this month
    I have been taking Elevit a couple of months before TTC, also taking spirulina, fish oil and most recently royal jelly heard somewhere on bubhub that it helps with fertility.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maplefern For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that this isn’t your month Nat256. I think I’m pretty much in the same boat as you – if I don’t get a BFP this month I’ll probably go for a check up to make sure things are ok (I never went for a preconception check up, so I probably should do that). AF is due tomorrow so I’m hoping that she stays away (although I feel like she is coming).

I wish that I could talk to DH about things like vitamins to improve fertility. One thing that is taking the shine off TTC is that DH is not quite as keen on the whole idea of being a parent as I am. He’s agreed to start trying, but only for my sake – he says that he’d be happier to stay without kids. AF was a day late last month and when I told DH he went all quiet and we didn’t really talk for the whole evening (every time AF comes he gets really happy and says ‘yay, another month of freedom!” ). So, while I’m hoping that AF stays away, I’m also dreading having to tell DH again.

I think that he’ll be fine when we actually have a child, I’m sure the paternal instincts will kick in at some point (well, I hope!). It’s nice just be able to get that little gripe off my chest for the moment though.
    Last edited by Meg2; 16-01-2012 at 10:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    Sorry to hear that this isn’t your month Nat256. I think I’m pretty much in the same boat as you – if I don’t get a BFP this month I’ll probably go for a check up to make sure things are ok (I never went for a preconception check up, so I probably should do that). AF is due tomorrow so I’m hoping that she stays away (although I feel like she is coming).

I wish that I could talk to DH about things like vitamins to improve fertility. One thing that is taking the shine off TTC is that DH is not quite as keen on the whole idea of being a parent as I am. He’s agreed to start trying, but only for my sake – he says that he’d be happier to stay without kids. AF was a day late last month and when I told DH he went all quiet and we didn’t really talk for the whole evening (every time AF comes he gets really happy and says ‘yay, another month of freedom!” ). So, while I’m hoping that AF stays away, I’m also dreading having to tell DH again.

I think that he’ll be fine when we actually have a child, I’m sure the paternal instincts will kick in at some point (well, I hope!). It’s nice just be able to get that little gripe off my chest for the moment though.
    Awww Meg2, I can only imagine that hubby's comments etc must be VERY difficult. This TTC can be lonely enough without that. My hubby really wants kids but can still cause me upset when he takes things lightly or forgets to ask how I'm travelling or where we're at in the cycle etc. So even those little things can be hard and your situation must be a whole lot tougher than that. This is a good place to offload when you need. Sometimes we all need!

Well, GP is booked for this afternoon. I figure I'll go back there first and get a referral for the next step. The only appointment available with her for ages was today so I feel like it's a sign to bite the bullet and get on with it. Here goes!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Meg2  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat256, it's nice to be able to offload in a supportive environment.

Very best of luck for your appointment this arvo, I hope it is all good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, we're on the assisted fertility roadtrip! Had my appointment with GP who has referred us to the local Obstetrician. There is only one in our district (hour and a half away) without going to the city (4 hours away) so I'll have to try to book in tomorrow and see how long the waiting list is. The frustrations of country living.
    In the meantime she wants me to have a blood test a week before my next expected period to test progesterone and hubby to have a sperm test (he'll be thrilled with that.....NOT!) But all of this will save us time when we go and see the Ob with all the results already.
    Has anyone else been through this yet? I feel for hubby, that can't be easy!
    We can only hope that by the time we get an appointment we have good news instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there!

Well I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now whilst on an amazing month long holiday and have decided it's time to get in there!

I'm 37 years old and have been trying to conceive for a little while. I had a miscarriage 6 months ago and have done plenty of healing and am now happily trying again (of course there is the occasional spontaneous cries which come out of nowhere but they are pretty rare these days)

I am still getting my head around all the acronyms on this website so bear with me as I write full words!

I am enjoying reading everyone else's journeys and now realise I am not alone and also that I need to get a bit more proactive with my knowledge on conception!! Although I have amazing support from friends, fam and my man, it is reassuring to know that others like you chicks actually know how I feel.

Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Dandelion5; 20-01-2012 at 00:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Dandelion5. Great to have you along and you are very welcome to join in with our chats and challenges

How is everyone else travelling? Is anyone waiting on news?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Welcome aboard, Dandelion! This is a very lovely group of - you'll fit right in.

Nat, I'm glad your doc was keen on getting cracking on tests etc - and here's hoping they're not required!

I'm 2DPO today, having ovulated on CD24 which is four days later than I've ever done before. I assume my body has taken a while to get over the chemical pg.

Welcome to all the new members too! Can't see posts while I'm posting from the mobile app, or I'd say hi to each of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Dandelion.

I'm CD1. Hopefully this month we get to dtd on O day. Missed it last month due to food poisining and my partner was not at home the month before.

Nat I think my partner would do a sperm test as he is keen for a baby, but would also be dreading it in case it was him. I don't know how he would be if it turned out to be him. Originally he was suprised that females are not fertile for very long. A week or so ago we watched a program called Life Before Birth and he was very suprised by what sperm had to go through to find the egg. He likened it to his sperm going into a battle zone. He did say quietly though, that he now realised how healthy sperm had to be. I think he thought all of them got close to the egg but now realises it is only about a dozen or so. I was also suprised by the low number that got to the fallopian tube. He is being very good though and taking his menevit. He said he must improve his diet as well.

Meg, I'm sure your husband will be happy when you are pregnant, it's just an uncertain time for him at the moment. My partner wants children and is doing what he can, but he doesn't really seem to be upset when AF turns up, unless he is trying not to show it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to byline For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Hi all!

Welcome aboard, Dandelion! This is a very lovely group of - you'll fit right in.

Nat, I'm glad your doc was keen on getting cracking on tests etc - and here's hoping they're not required!

I'm 2DPO today, having ovulated on CD24 which is four days later than I've ever done before. I assume my body has taken a while to get over the chemical pg.

Welcome to all the new members too! Can't see posts while I'm posting from the mobile app, or I'd say hi to each of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Nice to see you're back on the journey RoRo. I hope you're feeling good about it all after the difficult time you've had. Your body's done really well to get back on track. Go you!!