Closed Thread
Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Over 35's beginning the journey

Hi all, I wondered if anyone would be interested in a thread for over 35's who are TTC their first bub. I know there are other threads like this for those who have been on this journey for a while and managing fertility issues but I'm wondering if anyone else is just beginning like us and so far hasn't any reason to think it can't happen naturally (cross fingers!).
    Is anyone else out there like us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we are going to start in Feb 2012 and I'll be 36 in January. Would love if there was a thread for over 35's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there angelbutterfly. I've had this thread up for a while and you're the only response so it might be just you and me but I'd love to keep in touch with how you go. I'm 38 and now in my 3rd month of trying since getting married this year. The time factor is a worry for us but I suppose we just have to cross fingers. It seems most other over 35s on here have been trying for longer and are starting to look into fertility issues etc We're still hoping we'll be the lucky ones. Gotta stay positive at the beginning of it all eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nat256, it'll be fine if it's only the 2 of us, if others join then that would be good. We haven't started yet we will start in February but are very anxious. Our biggest challange is that my dh had a vasectomy but after getting a sperm test done last month he has sperm. The count is low but the dr has suggested things to try and increase the count and get another sperm test done next month, and we are doing everything suggested and remaining positive - miracles do happen if not will start AF

I think with all women no matter how young or old we are, there is just that thought knowing that it might not happen but we still have to stay positive, always have positive thoughts and positive energy and that helps a long way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree completely. I've found myself feeling a bit hopeless about it recently, I think it's just that I'd had my hopes up that we might be the lucky ones to get a pregnant straight away. When that didn't happen the reality has set in. But, like you, we're doing all we can to make this happen and remaining positive is definitely a step along the way.
    Are you waiting until Feb because of the vasectomy or are there other reasons?
    I worry about only having one child too at this age but hubby keeps telling me not to get ahead of myself and just see what happens. Twins would be a bonus!! HA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

I'm in much the same situation as you both, only I am trying for our second. I'm 42, hubby 41, we were married this January, and conceived in Feb. So very lucky! Mary is 7 weeks old and we are now trying our hardest to bake her a sibling! We conceived naturally, and we were very relieved that we didn't have to resort to fertility treatment, but we were mentally prepared that we might well have needed medical assistance. We still might need help for this attempt.

It's going to be hit and miss for us for a while because I no longer have a regular cycle (post-preggers). I am still breast feeding, although Mary is formula-fed for approx 80% of the time. My ob said that because of my very low milk supply I should not consider BF as having any contraceptive benefits, which is a positive.

Do stay positive and hopeful, and make sure you elevate yourself from the pelvis up against a wall after DTD. Hubby hoiked me up religiously everytime, placed a pillow in the gap between my bum/lower back and the wall, passed me my book and I hung there for at least half an hour to let gravity help his little swimmers reach their target. Not elegant, but efficient!

I'll check in to see how you're both going! Fingers crossed and good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No hubby had the vasectomy a few years ago while he was with his first wife, and we had read in different articles that a tube can sometimes naturally bypass the vasectomy after a few years and we thought it was a long shot and was just actually dreaming that this could have happened and with a shot in the dark got his sperm tested and whether that happened or not we don't know but he is producing sperm.

The reason we are waiting is I got Systemic Lupus (a auto-immune disease) and with the medication I have to be off for 3 months before ttc. Also with my blood tests my b12 levels was at the low end of the normal range so I got to have 3 monthly injections before ttc and I get my 3rd in Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Thanks for the heads up about the thread NAT256, I hadn't seen it.

My partner and I are both 35 and this is our first month of TTC our first. We hope it happens naturally as we don't think we will look at alternative means (except maybe Chinese medicine) if it doesn't.

My cycles are still regular but have been starting to differ. I was 32 days then started to range between 30 and 38 and for the last two have been 32 days again. Iused the clear blue ovulation digital predictor this month (the one that gives you a smiley face when the surge is detected) as I wasn't sure when (or if) I was ovulating. I had to use it in to morning as the problem with this one is you can't have gone to the toilet 4 hours previously. Anyway I got the smiley face on Tuesday morning, so I think the surge happened on the Monday as I had ewcm, but I also had it on Wednesday. We BD Sunday, Monday and Wednesday night. So I will see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome everyone!
    I can't tell you how relieved I am to find that we're not the only ones trying TTC at this age. I felt a bit alone there for a while!

Angelbutterly - that's amazing. It's fantastic that you have the chance to conceive after the vasectomy. I hope the time til Feb goes quickly for you and I look forward to having you along with us who are currently trying.

Kalgirl - You have made my day! To read that you were able to conceive certainly gives me a lot of hope. How fantastic that you're back trying now. We'll be in the same boat someday. If we manage to create number 1 we'll be quickly trying for number 2. I can't believe how aware of time I am these days! Hubby and I married at 38 (me) and 40 (him) That's just the way life worked out so we have to just hope for the best. I wouldn't change it coz he was worth the wait!!

Byline - So glad you got the message. I'm quite new to this forum thing so I'd never sent one before and didn't know if it would work. Great to have you along. Good luck with this month! We're a couple of days apart but will be testing around the same time. I'll try a test on Christmas Eve.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Room for one more?

Hi all!

Thought there wasn't anyone else on here over 35 - is there room for one more in this thread? I'm 37 and DH is 40, ttc for two months now (been married one month).

Byline I had a positive OPK on the same day as you... I started eyeing up the pregnancy tests today but I know it's far, far too soon.

Are any of you trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan? I did sorta kinda try, but DH needed a bit more recovery time than I hoped...

~ Ro