User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 2 year old is vomiting bright yellow liquid?

Hi everyone, just after some advice please. My almost 3 year old has been vomiting every 15-20 mins for the last 4 hours. She is vomiting up BRIGHT yellow liquid... First off it was all white and milky now it's bright bright yellow..

Should i be concerned? She seems ok, just a little tired. No temps at the moment.. Nothing like this has happened before
    Me (31) and DH (26) . With DD (2.5) and Peanut due June 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe its bile because there would be nothing else in there to bring up? I'm not really any help but didn't want to read and not reply Maybe you could call 13HEALTH or similar for some guidance?

Hope she feels better soon.
    family....where life begins...and love never ends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like bile.

Is she drinking anything? Vomiting so often will cause her to be dehydrated and she needs fluids, not just water but something with a bit of substance, like hydralyte.

I'd be taking her to the doc if she continues much longer. Hope she's feeling better soon, poor little munchkin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is bile. Give her little sips of hydralite and dry biscuit and take her to the doctor.
    Me 38 DH 40
    DD 3 years old
    DS Due June '12
    2 Dogs, 1 cat.

Success is the Best Revenge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's bile. I've had this, it's gross. But it just means there's nothing else to come up. I agree with pp, make sure she is drinking in between spews, and if her urine gets dark or she's not peeing, take her to the hospy as she might need intravenous fluids until the bug or whatever passes.

ETA: Hydralite and dry biscuit is a good idea, like the PPs said.
    Last edited by Sariele; 26-11-2011 at 09:37.
    Me (32) & DH (35) - MFI &
    ICSI #1 - ICSI #4 - BFN ~~ FET #1 CHEM PG ~~ ICSI #5 - June 2013 - BFP! Come on, Squiggles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with other posters, its bile. She has nothing else to bring up in her stomach.

Definitely get the hydralite into her, well also help take the revolting tates from her mouth. Bile is gross tasting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree with bile too. It's horrible to throw up, and it's horrible when you run out of even bile and can no longer vomit up anything. Would be a good idea to feed her something... even if just water so she can throw that upset instead.

Get her some hydralite or similar too, to make sure she's keeping hydrated.

I'd head to the doctors too.
    I've now lost 42kg thanks to my gastric sleeve surgery!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps4765124b.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, bile. DS has done this before. You can get hydrolite icy poles from the chemist. I know they'll take a few hrs to freeze, but once they have she can suck on them slowly until she is able to drink regular fluids.
    Good luck! It's probably a good thing she has no other symptoms. It might mean she's expelling the stomach bug before it goes all the way through her system!
    Me DH
    and our pigeon pair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Yep, bile. DS has done this before. You can get hydrolite icy poles from the chemist. I know they'll take a few hrs to freeze, but once they have she can suck on them slowly until she is able to drink regular fluids.
    Good luck! It's probably a good thing she has no other symptoms. It might mean she's expelling the stomach bug before it goes all the way through her system!
    when I had bad gastro the chemist actually gave me a frozen one to have on the way home before the box freezes which is a good option to ask about

19 years old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    when I had bad gastro the chemist actually gave me a frozen one to have on the way home before the box freezes which is a good option to ask about
    the chemist near us has a few boxes of the icy poles in their freezer. a great idea
    Me
    DH
    DD1 july 2007
    DD2 november 2010
    Bubba #3 due march 2013