+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Morning sickness in subsequent babes

So we want to ttc number2 as of next year... But I'm really scared about how I'll handle pregnancy & ds who is currently 7.5 months old (and already never stops)

I was sick 24/7 for my entire pregnancy with ds. I couldn't work and had a couple of hospital trips in there.

So I am just curious, if you were sick with your first.. What were your other pregnancies like? I know they can all be very different just wondering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to say but it got worse each time, and started earlier, finishing later :-0
    People wondered why I went back, especially a third time but I'm so glad I did.
    I would say to you that it may actually be easier to look after a young bub than a toddler.
    Take the drugs when you need them and set up a plan to help you through... Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sick 24/7 with my first starting from 6.5 weeks and going up until I gave birth. I'm now 24 weeks with my second and although I've been sick and it started at 5 weeks, it hasn't been as bad and I ( and hubby) already know all the strategies to deal with the morning sickness so that helps too. For the first trimester I did rely on family a bit to get through and my DH had to do a lot to make sure we all got through the day. He would prepare all my meals and DD's meals and set out all her nappies and clothes for the day etc etc and then he would cook dinner when he got home and clean up and prepare for the next day. It was rough but we got through it and since 16 weeks things have been more manageable. My DD was 9 months when i first got pregnant and I found that was a good age for us because she wasn't dependent on me every second but she also liked to be not too far away and she wasn't walking yet. However it has taken a lot of work, especially on DH's side and we've both agreed that we will be waiting about 4-5 years before we consider a third as pregnancy is not kind to me and I don't think I could look after 1 toddler let alone 2 with full blown morning sickness. I'm glad we are having our second close to out first though- I'm looking forward to watching them grow up together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 24/7 morning sickness for all 28 weeks of my first pregnancy, throwing up at least 4 times a day. It really made me think long and hard about the timing of my second pregnancy but it in the end we decided to go for it and deal with the consequences.

This time I had awful morning sickness again and wound up needing to take Zofran so I could keep some food down BUT the morning sickness subsided at around 22 weeks and hasn't returned (I'm 27 weeks today).

Every pregnancy is different - I hope you get lucky!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had hyperemisis both pg's - DD 6-12 weeks and DS 9-15 weeks. Was hospitalised several times with both and only the Zofran seemed to help.

Despite that I have #3 on board (yeah - crazy woman). Prob 6 weeks along ATM and the last few mornings have been spewing only a couple of times. Hoping it doesn't get as bad!

Good luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. Hugs to everyone else, it's not fun to deal with..... But so worth it!

We are going to try next year regardless just wondering what I'm in for!.... I really hope I get lucky & won't be so sick next time. Time will tell

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with my 3rd now and every time i have had terrible morning sickness, but a couple of my friends have had terrible sickness for one and the next one be fine, so i think its just that everyones different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am on Preg #2.
    First was horrible and lasted the whole pregnancy. But turns out my DS is lactose intolerant so that may have caused the MS first time around.
    This time I am nauseous but not throwing up. Tired to the bone all day and can't eat without feeling sick.
    Every pregnancy is different and so is every woman.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had morning sickness bad with both my DS and DD. they were of course different, DS I was sick with dif food and that went to about 14 weeks and once I was sick I was fine till the next day. My DD I was sick till about 12 weeks, then it started at night from 32 weeks again. Every pregnancy is dif, I have yet to be sick I am 5+6 today, I can't remember when the others started but I know I will be again, iv been nauseous an burping, good luck an I hope you don't get it

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    2nd time was about the same (lasted until 13 weeks) third lasted until birth!