+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me it was sparked by my son being diagnosed as on the Spectrum and prob Autistic after showed signs when he got some shots (ones he didnt need but to get him in school I thought I had too) then I did research and not wanting to put chemicals into my children anymore like formaldehyde, aborted human fetus cells, and so much more. Then the number of vaccines was a concern too, why so many when just in the 80s we did so many less and they are all still alive and not dying of illnesses. I thnk we put too much to fast into the little bodies of the babies. I think they should be decreased and spread out more IMO if given at all. Also why is Autism 1 in 10,000 in Amish communities and like 1 in 500 in other US communities is a wonder I always have Amish dont vaccinate maybe could be why not sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say many parents who have experienced Autism being diagnosed in their children will have thoughts that range from questioning to blaming the MMR.
    Parents have been saying for years that their toddler just stopped speaking over night- Doctors are fobbing off these parents saying this is a common age for Autism to "strike".

BUT what about the 4 (used to be 5) year olds being vaccinated with MMR. Starting school age is a common age for children to be diagnosed as being on the spectrum.

I think many parents DO skip the MMR out of fear of Autism. It could very well be that some parents do believe in this risk. Via Autism touching their family or word of mouth. One study that was thrown out is not going to squash something that is very real for many, many families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im still not sure that it's a good argument against varicella vaccination. Especially not when there is a HZ vaccination which could be given at age 60-65yrs
    http://http://www.mja.com.au/public/...l10369_fm.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peelnseal:

Which is why I posted the study in my OP, anec-data can't stand up against an analysis of over half a million children.

I don't pretend to know what a parent goes through when their child is diagnosed with ASD. I do think in the interest of those parents the focus needs to turn to further research into the causes rather than flogging the dead horse of vaccinations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    For me it was sparked by my son being diagnosed as on the Spectrum and prob Autistic after showed signs when he got some shots (ones he didnt need but to get him in school I thought I had too) then I did research and not wanting to put chemicals into my children anymore like formaldehyde, aborted human fetus cells, and so much more. Then the number of vaccines was a concern too, why so many when just in the 80s we did so many less and they are all still alive and not dying of illnesses. I thnk we put too much to fast into the little bodies of the babies. I think they should be decreased and spread out more IMO if given at all. Also why is Autism 1 in 10,000 in Amish communities and like 1 in 500 in other US communities is a wonder I always have Amish dont vaccinate maybe could be why not sure.
    Actually Amish communities do vaccinate their children and they do have autism:
    http://http://imfar.confex.com/imfar...Paper7336.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to samsausage For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont people realise that Autism has everything to do with the environmental toxins we can not avoid on this planet any longer? Couple the growing amounts of these toxins in our bodies that werent there in previous generations, with a jab of a seemingly harmless vaccine and BANG chemical overload! Yep its not that same in everyone as everyones exposure and tolerance to the environmental toxins and the vaccines is different. Even the Amish cant get away from the toxins in their air, water and soil that werent there just a few generations ago.

Nope I have no links, no statistics( they can be doctored too ya know) I just look at the bigger picture and use my common sense.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I do believe environmental factors play a role in autism, but studies have shown autistic brains have regions that function differently to that of a non autistic brain. IMO the issue lies at a neurological level, not with the MMR, and lots of reputable peer reviewed research shows this.

It's true, there can be bias in research, that's why on one study I don't find it reputable,but instead look at a body of research. Wakefield's complete bias and financial motivations prove that's the case.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (07-06-2012),trishalishous  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not talking about Wakefield or MMR....... never mentioned it. I'm talking about our bodies and our environments being overloaded with rubbish we cant even conceive and its changing us. eg Autism. But i DO believe that in certain bodies that have been exposed to certain toxins and have certain genetic make ups go through a transformation when injected with a vaccine. Any vaccine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Not picking, just trying to understand...you believe autism isn't brought out by the MMR but by all the others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be MMR, it could be any of the others, it could be the additives in your food, it could be the aluminium in your deodorant...... Thing is we dont know. It could be from all the gm food we unknowingly consume. Its a massive picture that I think is being missed because we are too focused on who has the most up to date credible data.....But I also think thats its just SO big and we have, as a species, dug ourselves so far into this mess in our desire to be 'King of the Jungle' so to speak that we have no idea where to go from here. Its a catch 22 as far as vaccines are concerned.