+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    I am staying out of this, of fear that my BH membership revoked.
    Same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I be dumb and ask what delayed vaxxers do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had a chuckle at the comments about vaxxing being junk science

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They simply just delay vaccinations, so don't do them to schedule at 2,4 months etc.
    I'm not sure why, maybe they are under the preconception that kids are less likely to get reactions if they are older. Some of course will do it for reasons such as severe illness in the child, or severe egg allergy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

daysta112  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    they just delay the vaxx time, so a Varacella vax (chicken pox) is 2 years. Some may leave it until 3 or 4 when they believe their systems can handle it better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    We delayed our childtens vaccinations. Rather than starting at 2 months old, DS1 had his first vaccinations 2 months ago, at the age of 4 years old. DS2 had his first lot of vaccinations at the same time, at 2 years old. DD is fully vaccinated to schedule (she's 5yo - didn't know that we were able to select/decline vaccinations), DS3 is yet to be vaccinated (he's 12wks old).

We selectively chose certains vaccines we wanted them to have and declined others

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I have seen a lot of anti-vax conspiracy theories involving vaccines being a Big Pharma scam to make money... I wonder why "Big Pharma" would bother? From what I understand, vaccines are really expensive to make and governments have usually got the controlling purchase, so they can't place a massive mark up on them... From what I've read/heard, they don't actually make that much from them. Also there is the whole thing of once you have had your course, you don't need anymore for years, or in some cases ever... Anyone know anything about this whole profit margin issue?
    I think they make a 'little' money from them

H1N1 swine flu vaccine maker GlaxoSmithKline released its fourth quarter profits today. The company's profits are $2.6 billion. The boost comes from Swine Flu vaccine purchases.

The world’s second largest drug maker by revenue, GlaxoSmithKline, profits are up 66 percent, according to International Business Times.
    In the last three months of 2009, the drug company netted $2.6 billion in profit, compared to more than $1 billion the year prior. The strong finish, according to ABC News, pushed full-year profits up 20 percent, or approximately $7 billion.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/287031#ixzz1x6nv16qz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I don't deny the pharma companies are making a lot of money. That doesn't mean vaccines don't work in 90% cases. If they didn't work, govts all around the world wouldn't be buying the vaxxes and they would not make any money.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-06-2012),trishalishous  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I think they make a 'little' money from them
    But is this a sustainable profit? They make loads of other drugs too. Swine flu was a big one sure, but there may not be a big push for that vax in coming years... Interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    Dont people realise that Autism has everything to do with the environmental toxins we can not avoid on this planet any longer? Couple the growing amounts of these toxins in our bodies that werent there in previous generations, with a jab of a seemingly harmless vaccine and BANG chemical overload! Yep its not that same in everyone as everyones exposure and tolerance to the environmental toxins and the vaccines is different. Even the Amish cant get away from the toxins in their air, water and soil that werent there just a few generations ago.

Nope I have no links, no statistics( they can be doctored too ya know) I just look at the bigger picture and use my common sense.
    Just read this and thought i would share my view...sorry it is not directly related to vax...which I support wholeheartedly btw. Anyway, I think that the problem with finding a cause of autism is a bit misguided...obviously blaming it on vaccines and the environment seems to be. I have been doing lots of research because of my son and have come to the conclusion that these people are just wired differently...and when I think about how amazingly gifted and intelligent my son is, I can't help but wonder where the world would be if it were not for these great brains labelled as 'autistic'. Albert Einstein for example is believed to have been autistic. I understand not all children on the autistic spectrum present as gifted, this is just my personal experience with my child. But as a parent I really don't think there is anything wrong with my child, I think there is something wrong with a society that just doesn't understand him. I am not looking to blame anyone or anything for who he is and I can't wait to see why he contributes to the world.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennybaby For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-06-2012),beebs  (08-06-2012),bumMum  (07-06-2012),trishalishous  (08-06-2012)