+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    You know as well as we all do that nothing in life is 100% - and that includes vaccines.
    I was just thinking this, too. I've never heard of a vaccine being 100% effective, this is why we rely on a certain percentage of the population keeping up to date with their vaccinations.

Surely people don't believe that NOT vaccinating is 100% effective

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-06-2012),Ulysses  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You would be surprised how many people think vaccines are 100%.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    What's scary is that some parents do no reading at all before deciding to vaccinate, except maybe a panadol pamphlet. That concerns me. Vaccinating is a huge decision.
    I agree, it is a big decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do agree elleandsam, I have read a lot of people say that their kids won't catch things because they are vaccinated - not necessarily true.

I do think that some people put their faith in their GPs that the medical profession will do right by them. My mum didn't do research upon research about ovarian cancer and chemotherapy before she was rushed off for a hysterectomy. And thank goodness she didn't. There may not have been time. I think it's fine to have faith in your medical teams.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Ah the good ol' AVN. Lots of scaremongering and citing of ridiculous 'facts' which are never backed up with any real research except some obsure or faked study. as to capricorns comments there is no research to prove the positives of vaxxes, and all vaxxes create all the illness in the world I laughed for about 5 mins straight reading those posts.

I honestly feel sorry for the normal non vaxxers on this forum. Rest assured I for one don't put you in the same catagory as all the rubbish listed here by our new AVN member

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (07-06-2012),NancyBlackett  (07-06-2012),trishalishous  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

I honestly feel sorry for the normal non vaxxers on this forum. Rest assured I for one don't put you in the same catagory as all the rubbish listed here by our new AVN member
    I agree

I actually think the AVN does the entire 'anti-vaccination' stance a huge disservice with their paranoid delusions. They have the opposite effect of what they are trying to achieve IMO because they're a huge joke.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-06-2012),delirium  (07-06-2012),Lillynix  (07-06-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn45 View Post
    The scientific evidence shows that vaccines are useless and dangerous. The "evidence" that "vaccines are safe and effective" comes from the people who profit from this sickening racket. It's IMO a disgrace that defenseless babies and children are sacrificed for the sake of greed and as a result of ignorance. Vaccination should have been abolished 200 years ago. The fact that it is still around is a monument to the ruthlessness of some people, and the stupidity of others who have been unable to figure out that vaccination is an absolute fraud.
    My DP is an industrial chemist with close to 20 years experience of analysing chemicals (including water - yes water is a chemical). He has experience of how pharmaceuticals are produced, regulated and audited (TGA). Although he has never worked for a pharm company that produces vaccines he has worked for a pharm company years ago that made medications and can detail the process they follow and how they are audited by the TGA. The TGA have varying levels of specifications for different products. For example I believe the "bottom rung" so to speak is topical veterinary products, the "highest rung" is vaccines for human use. Would you like some further information?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    My DP is an industrial chemist with close to 20 years experience of analysing chemicals (including water - yes water is a chemical). He has experience of how pharmaceuticals are produced, regulated and audited (TGA). Although he has never worked for a pharm company that produces vaccines he has worked for a pharm company years ago that made medications and can detail the process they follow and how they are audited by the TGA. The TGA have varying levels of specifications for different products. For example I believe the "bottom rung" so to speak is topical veterinary products, the "highest rung" is vaccines for human use. Would you like some further information?
    Are your kids vacc'd?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    Are your kids vacc'd?
    Yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Yes.
    ... Kinda gives me the answer I would need!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-06-2012)