+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone know any Ob's with low intervention rates?

Brisbane people please look up brad Armstrong , you will love him. He is very low intervention and will be guided by your wishes. Unless there's an emergency, my husband will be catching our baby at my upcoming birth, we will have delayed cord clamping and he has said the best thing for to is usually stand back and let mothers get on with it. However he is happy with to go with interventions you actually want ie EPi .

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps brad Armstrong was recommended to me by people from an attachment parenting group I was in lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I have also chosen brad Armstrong for my upcoming jan birth. He is so calm and easy going and seems confident that I can have a vb. he has never suggested I might need a cs or intervention so fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck pink!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's a total misperception to think all OB's just want to get in and get the baby out asap, regardless of what you want. I've never personally seen one like this.
    This is the same as saying all midwives are natural birth pushing dictators.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at the SAN in Sydney and said I hoped for a VB up front - my Ob never pushed for any form of intervention, just said we'd discuss induction later if needed at 10 days over. I was a first timer at age 31, low risk, had a very normal pregnancy and went into labour at 40+1. I chose private because the hospy is quite close to home and I wanted access to the same medical practitioner throughout in case something didnt go well during the pregnancy. I know at actual birth theres a chance they cant attend, but I cared more about having reassurance in the 8 months prior.

I pushed for 3 hours (contractions never got closer than 5 mins apart!) and he just let me do my thing and we got there in the end! Also delayed cord clamping

I do know several mums who used the same Ob and either had elective c/s or were recommended to have one for various medical reasons. So based on my experience, with a good Ob it comes down to your individual situation as to what happens at birth.