+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I believe this study. I'm yet to have my 2nd study so currently dd is my favorite as I don't know the newbie yet.

My mother however. I now she loves the four of us equally. However she likes us different amounts. My sister and brother both claim I'm mums favourite. While its not true in the way they mean it. It is true. Mum and I get along the best. I don't hurt her or disappoint her like the other two do. I'm 30 and mum and I have a adult friendship relationship now while my brother (25) and sister (20) act like they are still in their teens. I was the easier child to raise and in some ways mum and I grew up together as she was 19 when she had me.
    My dad clearly favours my younger sister than me over my brother. My sister over took me when mum and dad separated dad blamed me and didn't get over it for some time fractured our relationship and he moved the favorite to my sister. Where once were very close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    I think you're right. I love both my girls equally but I do favour one. Not that she gets treated differently or anything - both have to follow the same rules. But one's a daddy's girl and the other a mummy's girl and I guess that's just how it works sometimes!
    This is how it is with my girls too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I love both my children equally, most definitely.

In saying that though, I feel I relate more with DD2 than I do DD1. I feel DD1s personality clashes with mine, where DD2 and I get along a lot easier. Maybe its the ages and stages that they are both at though.

I certainly don't play favoritism, I treat them equally.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub
    I feel the same about DS1 & DS2.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love both my boys equally. That said, DS2 is a lot more work than DS1. Hubby states quite clearly his preference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    :Laughing: I think I've heard that too

I hope she didn't say that in a way that hurt or upset you though
    She tells us that when we ask who her favourite is- I think it actually rotates depending on which one of us (three girls) is annoying her the least

You are very sweet for checking Mummykitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have a favourite - it depends which one is more annoying at the time

In all seriousness, the love for my children is different for each one, not favouring one over the other

I wonder if his children know which one he favours???

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    no we don't but both DH and I grew up in families with clear favourites and it sucks big time when it's very obvious you're not the golden child (I think even more so when you have your own kids and then said golden child has kids the difference in treatment of the grandkids really saddens me) so we make a concerted effort to make sure our kids are all made to feel equal

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What I found sad was that they also found that the favourite did better socially and was more successful whereas the non favourite was more withdrawn as an adult. This held true even for identical twins with the same genetics, so it wasn't hard wired personality. (I didn't see it in the bit in the OP but in a longer article on the same study online).

I sometimes think I favour my son over my daughter as she's harder work emotionally. I'm going to try to change that now and get a better balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklydreamer View Post
    What I found sad was that they also found that the favourite did better socially and was more successful whereas the non favourite was more withdrawn as an adult. This held true even for identical twins with the same genetics, so it wasn't hard wired personality. (I didn't see it in the bit in the OP but in a longer article on the same study online).

I sometimes think I favour my son over my daughter as she's harder work emotionally. I'm going to try to change that now and get a better balance.
    Interesting as I'm definitely more withdrawn.. My sister was the favorite dad would even tell us

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklydreamer View Post

Hubby and his twin are both withdrawn. Their elder brother is clear favourite. Hubby's twin started coming out of his shell when he was accepted for his masters, the same time mil started saying how proud she was of him and how at least one of her sons was doing something with their life (apparently an advanced diploma, bachelor degree, wife, kids and house is nothing). Coincidence? Who knows.