+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum has always said that she dislikes us equally...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (26-11-2011),MilkingMaid  (25-11-2011),Pinkzy  (25-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Equally but differently, both have days where they challenge me and days where I am consumed by love.. Each is loved as an individual for who they are.. Different but no less or more and I hope they know this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My mum - while quite drunk - admitted to me recently that my brother was cuter & smarter & she was more bonded with him as a little one. That he was her favourite... but that we have a better relationship in adulthood though.

Which was kinda good to hear because I had always known it was true. Which is fine, my brother is pretty awesome.

I only have Jasper so far & I think he's pretty awesome, so we'll see how baby girl measures up

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum definitely has a favourite but you'd be hard pressed to pick it as an outsider. 2 of my brothers are really draining and the other one is the cruisiest boy you'll ever meet. She's his favourite (tied with me! ) because she knows he won't give her grief and fight everything she asks him to do.

In saying that, she loves all of us and would fight to hell and back for each one of us in a second.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (25-11-2011)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I totally have a favourite. My 10 year old cat

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (26-11-2011),Luna Lovegood  (26-11-2011),Mod-Myztik  (25-11-2011),rainbow road  (25-11-2011),Sparklydreamer  (26-11-2011)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine really ebbs and flows with whatever is going on. I LOVE them all with all of my heart, but at times one or other irritates me no end.

I will say my 7 yr old is extremely easy to be around, and he is quite like me, my 5 yr old is my total opposite, so our relationship is something I have to work at a lot harder.

And my toddler is... well a toddler!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only got DD so far. But I know my sister is my mum's favourite. It doesn't bother me really. I was talking to my sister about it when drunk one night (mum was there) and I said that it was because mum and I are so alike, mum agreed. We're both quite strong and blunt and opinionated, my sister is 'softer' and more emotional, so she's a nice contrast to our personalities. I know mum loves us both very much.
    And since having DD our relationship has changed too, sometimes I'm the favourite now because I have DD who mum absolutely adores, so some of that favoritism rubs off on me

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    i think people are confusing favourite with love. IMO they're not saying you love one child more than another just prefer the nature of one child a little more.

I agree with them tbh I have a favourite. But I dont LOVE my children any more or less than each other.
    I think you're right. I love both my girls equally but I do favour one. Not that she gets treated differently or anything - both have to follow the same rules. But one's a daddy's girl and the other a mummy's girl and I guess that's just how it works sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my children with all my heart and would do anything for any of them however I do have a 'favourite' and that is DS2. He is always coming for a kiss and a cuddle and wants me whereas DS1 would much prefer to be with Dad. DP also favours DS1 and DS1 always wants to be with him and do things with him so same situation.

I dont have a problem admitting it...not sure why its such a taboo thing to say. We are all individuals, including our children, and we all have favourites in our adult relationships so why would it be any different in our relationships with our kids?

Just because at this stage I may have a favourite doesnt mean I care or love my other children any less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    My mum has always said that she dislikes us equally...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    :Laughing: I think I've heard that too

I hope she didn't say that in a way that hurt or upset you though