+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF treatment in India

Hello folks,
    Hope you all are well and fighting brave
    I am very frustrated with this infertility issues. Started IVF and the 1st cycle was unsuccessful. Very upset.
    Considering travel to India, as i have heard that prices are lot cheaper.
    Can someone pls advice me about the good clinics there, costs, success rates etc

Thanks a lot

Hap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi babybaba,

You may want to have a look in the adoption/surrogacy section. There are a couple of threads in there about IVF in India. I understand that you are not looking at surrogacy, but there is some talk about the different clinics/doctors over there, and I'm sure they would be the same clinics that you would use for non-surrogate IVF. Just a heads up though, it definitely doesn't sound like a cheap option!

Good luck with your decision, I certainly understand how disheartening it is to get a BFN and to want o pursue other options. I hope it all works out for you

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

i had a friend who went to india in 2008? i think to the Dr Malprani ? clinic, it wasnt that cheap if i recall and she used donor embryo's, she had about 8 embryo's trasferred in one cycle (they were only 1 and 2 cell embryo's) but none took. so this using donor embryo's tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH Dr Malpani, I read his blog before. Your friend seemed to have had a dodgy experience...8 embryos nothing took and they are 1-2 cell embryos??

I saw on tele on how gay couples go there to have their babies and they are successful. Very tempting at times thinking about going there for the cheap cost....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies folks
    Mon2OneDS, In my first cycle here- i had 8 eggs and just 1 embryo transferred on Day 2 and it did not work out, so dont know if i had a dodgy experience here!
    Cant afford a 5000+ aud per cycle cost here for sure!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybaba For This Useful Post:

banshee  (27-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you should try Westmead Fertilty in Sydney for $1450 an IVF Cycle. I am sure it will be cheaper than going to India.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Banshee, why so cheap there?

Babybaba, yeah it is really rip-off paying through the nose cycle after cycle....not to mention all the $ spent on supplements, tests etc...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

banshee  (27-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Maybe you should try Westmead Fertilty in Sydney for $1450 an IVF Cycle. I am sure it will be cheaper than going to India.
    Hello Banshee, thanks a lot for this very useful advise,
    They mention the drus costs are extra, would you know how much and the success rates?

Pls advise

Thanks a lot

Rin

Thanks
    Reviews
    i did some research on whether India would be cheaper for IVF but comparatively, it seems to be more reasonable here. We are fortunate to have PHI though, although most of it seems to be covered by Medicare....

It's definately a big expense and I want to slap people who say to me when they find out I am needing to go through IVF, "How exciting" as it's extremely expensive and carries a lot of grief...

good luck with finding somewhere more affordable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybaba View Post
    Hello Banshee, thanks a lot for this very useful advise,
    They mention the drus costs are extra, would you know how much and the success rates?

Pls advise

Thanks a lot

Rin
    The syneral spray should be around $90 to $100. I had the Lucrin injections and paid $200.

You can call them up and they will send you a info pack with the pricelist..

There are a number of people that fell pregnant with Westmead Fertilty. Just google westmead fertilty and all the bubhib posts should come up. PM if you want to know more details.

http://www.**********.com.au/forums/...-centre-37692/

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?284815-Westmead-Fertility-Clinic-Success