+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Dont let pride get in your way!! You worked so hard, don't let one stupid point get in the way!!

BEG!!!

I begged too many years ago. I was at the Police academy many years ago just about to attest as a probationary constable, passed all my exams, passed 99.9% of the fitness requirements until I failed the sprint component

You know what a failed it by?? A tenth of a second

Needless to say I begged

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (25-11-2011)

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Okay, I am going to bombard the Arts faculty in a few hours and see what they can do. Failing that, I'll speak to the dean. I would be happy to sit an additional exam to make up the mark (even though I lost the mark through attendance) if that's what it takes.

I've been stuffed around SO MUCH lately. Firstly, was told I hadn't done the right subjects to graduate with my degree, then got it approved but was told they wouldn't count 3 units I'd done in first year because they were core to a degree I had done but not the one I had transferred into (the degrees merged, everyone had to transfer!).

So I feel very sorry for myself. And I really am fearing for my life with regards to my mother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Go to the dean of arts (or whichever department your in). Contact the student union, they often know of all the "loop holes" and who best to contact in these situations. If this is the only class where you had poor attendance for your entire uni career I would think that they would be more reasonable. Your lecturer sounds like they may be on a power trip if they like belittling weaker students. You need to go higher.
    She's totally on a power trip. She told one girl, right before her oral exam, that she was very close to failing and that wasn't very good. Right before her exam! Way to make her feel good before an assessment!

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
    Dont let pride get in your way!! You worked so hard, don't let one stupid point get in the way!!

BEG!!!

I begged too many years ago. I was at the Police academy many years ago just about to attest as a probationary constable, passed all my exams, passed 99.9% of the fitness requirements until I failed the sprint component

You know what a failed it by?? A tenth of a second

Needless to say I begged
    Hopefully begging works DP is at Police Academy and they just had exams, one of which everyone thinks they've failed. About 300 people complained to the coordinator, and now they're all waiting for their results with bated breath. Hopefully I've failed enough for both of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck forkie! I hope they are kind to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question: am i better off waiting until all my results are released so I *know* it's only this unit? I'm 99% sure I'll have passed the other ones, but just in case? Should get all results by next week.

Grrrrr I'm so annoyed with myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd start the campaign now. But that's just me.

Especially if you want the student union to help advocate for you - this close to the end of the year people start to wind down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point. Well then, better gather my resources together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a similar situation at the end of my 1st degree, final year and failed a subject as I had to take a night job (due to having uni and prac during the day). Missed a couple of classes as I was SOOOO exhausted working all night and failed by the tiniest amount. I protested, explained my situation and begged the subject coordinator. He was understanding but said it needed to be approved by the course coordinator. The course coordinator wasnt so kind and still wanted to fail but I pulled out the big guns saying I was eligible for a supplementary assessment (as it was only just a fail - F1 eligible for supp, F2 - bad fail- not eligible). I also reminder her that being a social work course she should probably be compassionate to those of us who come on hard times and reminder her that some of us HAVE to work to survive, we cant all be work-free while studying... I think the guilt trip worked too I passed and graduated on time. I hope you can get the same too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think my course coordinator will be at all helpful! So definitely need to go higher.

Glad it worked out for you though! Hope it does here too!