+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Fast Birth

Due Date: Saturday 19th Nov 2011

Wednesday 16th Nov 2011
    39+4- Had my Ob appointment and honestly was slightly disappointed I was still pregnant as my previous pregnancies my babies were born by this stage. This baby was also fully engaged from week 37 so was pretty comfortable for me- again my previous pregnancies I was not engaged for that long so another disappointment. So went to my Ob appointment and she was surprised my baby was still inside me as she said 2+ babies usually don’t get engaged until labor begins or when a baby does fully engage it shouldn’t be long before its born! Anther ERRR feeling!!. So I asked to see if I had dialated and to my disappointment I was not, she asked if I wanted a S&S but said it would be pointless as my cervix was well up high with no sign of bubs wanting to budge, so I didn’t get the S&S (why have the pain of it if it wasn’t going to move anything along I thought)

Thursday 17th Nov 2011
    Nothing exciting happening some BH happening as its been happening for the past 3 weeks giving me a tease! during the day time but know it wasn’t labour so it was the same routine at this point I am preparing myself for an over cooked, big baby this time round. LOL

Friday 18th Nov 2011- Baby Girl Born…
    39+6 woke up at 1.15am with a slight pain, so got up and went toilet since I was up and went back to bed. 10mins later the pain came again but I ignored it and stayed in bed. 5mins later it came again and ended up getting up for it and was slightly stronger… I ended up sitting on the toilet as it felt comfortable on there, once the pain went I got up and ended up getting back on there and staying put till 1.45am. at this time I got DH up and told him to call the hospital to tell them I wanted to get checked out as this slight pain was annoying me and didn’t know what was going on as I didn’t have a show nor was losing my plug (each time I would wipe there was nothing on the toilet paper) so was wondering why this pain for! Hospital told me to come in, so he called my dad to come over to pick up the kids as it would have been quicker for him to come and get the kids then for me to drop them off at there place and go to the hospital (would be about a 1hr round trip to do, getting the kids up changed in the car etc).
    1.55am the pain was official and now knew I was REALLY in labor! The contractions were running into each other from this stage giving me a 30sec break in between at 2 to 3mins apart… DH had gotten changed to take me to the hospital I couldn’t even brush my hair to go!!
    2.05am still going strong and my waters broke! I froze for a second as both my other kids once waters broke that stage 2 for me!! And with my boy he was out in 1 push!! So this one it wont be long I thought!! I called out toDH and said my waters have just broken get some towels this baby is coming now!! I had a contraction and crossed my legs and held out oddly I don’t remember any pain from here now, he phoned the hospital and told them my waters have broken and said to come in ASAP and I said I am not going to make it and just said call the ambos, which he did straight away while putting towels on the bathroom floor so I could be on the floor for bubs entry to the world! He got through to the operator to say my wife is about to have a baby and I’m like I’m pushing now!! Within 2 pushes my girl was born screaming! At 2.08am then he had a chance to tell them our address so the ambos could get here!- I had this child before the ambo took off crazy!!! 5 mins later my kids came to the bathroom… I found it so strange that they only had woken up just then. Must of heard the baby cry. (I must have been a quiet labor, I don’t even think I screamed when I pushed as I don’t even remember any pain of that stage 2 phase, I must have been more in shock for it). Then DD went and got the teddy bear that she and DS had built for baby’s arrival to give to her (she remembered this at 2 20 in the morning!! LOL)

15mins later my parents arrived with the ambos my mum was scared didn’t know what happened seen me on the floor and was in shock to see I had a baby in my hand!! (she said she wanted to see the birth she got close enough to it), saw DH cut the cord and was taken to hospital.

For me this was such a spin (I had joked at work that I would have the baby at home; just to be different–and it really did happen! LOL) I thank god that it happened at night while DH was home and everything went well with no problems… DH was calm and was not panicked at all (maybe because he had watched ‘one born every minute’ the night before- had a refresher course- LOL but as he said he seen it twice in real before!

3.30am all bubs checked were done and she weighed in at 3.52kg or 7p.12oz, 49.5 cm with HC 33.5cm now when I go to the bathroom all I can think of is pushing my bub in there!!
    Last edited by MyLittlePrincess; 29-06-2012 at 17:08.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyLittlePrincess For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (24-10-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-12-2011),Scientician  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow congratulations! I think i would of panicked and screamed my head off lol! Loved reading your story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww that's an amazing story!

I love that your DD1 got the teddy.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Great birth story! Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooow! Big congrats on your speedy DD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your new bubby ☺

Sent from my iTwinkle

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Congratulations on your new little girl. And the teddy part, so cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What an awesome birth! Congrats on your healthy bubba x

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub