+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else with anti c anti bodies????

Hi would really like to hear from anyone else with anti c anti bodies in their blood. How has it affect your pregnancies? Did it get worse with each or do the docs just over react?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm 22 weeks with A- blood and anti d & c antibodies. Today found out that the c antibodies titer increased to 1:32. Is the d more aggressive or is the c the same? Also was told that antibody levels don't decease and increase. They stay the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquabeda View Post
    Hi, I'm 22 weeks with A- blood and anti d & c antibodies. Today found out that the c antibodies titer increased to 1:32. Is the d more aggressive or is the c the same? Also was told that antibody levels don't decease and increase. They stay the same?
    Hey sorry to hear you have anti d and c it sucks but if your docs keep a close eye on you your baby will be ok .
    I only have little anti c so can't comment on the anti d, I'm pretty sure u can get a needle for the anti d??
    Do you have little c or big C?
    The little is is more aggressive then the big C.
    My levels were 1:32 at 10 weeks pregnant, had my last blood test at 23 weeks and they had gone down to 1:4 which is awesome
    Im now 26 weeks preg and will get my levels back this week as to what they are now.
    Anti c levels go up and down your whole pregnancy who ever told you that they don't has no idea what they are talking about!!
    I'm having MCA scans every 3 weeks at the moment, this is the scan you will be having. They check bubs blood flow to make sure she is not anemic, which is what the anti c cause.
    With my first pregnancy the docs didn't worry too much till my levels got to 1:64, you will need regular scans now on thou and frequent blood tests.
    Has the babys father had a blood test to see if he carries the anti c???
    Because if he dosent your bub may not even be affected by the anti c no matter how high your levels go.

Lots if hugs I know it's a scary thing to find out you have and can't do anything about but with the right monitoring your baby will be fine
    Ask as many Qs as you want I'm happy to answer if I know the answer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

Aquabeda  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs,
    um my husband is a dominant positive so all our babies will be positive and we have his results with the doc so will have to check up if he had c in him. Don't know if I have little c or big c
    There wasn't much info on the c maybe because it was so low before and they were only concerned with the d. But now that the c went up. I just hate this waiting. My ob should of sent a fax Referral to the scan professionals yesti but when will they shed a scan for me. I hate waiting and I also hate ringing around.
    I hate that's it all up in the air I'm a control freak and this hurts. How long did you have to wait for scans to be booked and blood test to come back?

How has your bub been with this rise.
    i got the antibodies with my second which he was stillborn. When I had to deliver him my level was 1:16 for my d. And it still is. I had injections with my first son. But still don't know how this occurred in my second preg. The antibodies will be in my system forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i need to be reassured. Anti c went up to 1:32 about two weeks ago and i have a scan in another two weeks, so that will be nearly a month that my baby may be affected with no monitoring. How will be baby be. I hate this waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your son lots of hugs xxxx
    You get anti c's from your blood mixing with someone elses... I'm guessing you most prob got yours from your sons blood mixing with yours. I got mine from a blood transfusion.
    1:32 isn't Extremely high it's only boarder line high, so I am sure your bub will be fine if it's still that level.
    The MCA scan Is to see the blood flow to baby is ok an if baby is anemic. If she is they can do a blood transfusion to her. I seriously doubt she would be anemic with a level of 1:32. I have to wait about a week for my bt results. The scan is a better way to check is bubs is ok thou.
    My levels were at 1:64 when my son was born and he had no jaundice and was perfectly healthy so they don't always get affected by the anti c's no matter what the levels are.
    My MCA scan last week showed my baby girl is perfectly fine at the moment even thou the levels where high early on in the pregnancy.
    Could you call the ultra sound place and change the appointment for an earlier date? Just so your not stressing for as long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much winterbubs for helping me feel better. when they called me for the appointment i asked is that the earliest and she said that is when they want to see you. so i am hoping they know what they are doing. but i will call on monday.
    its also so hard to explain to family aswell coz we are not 100% knowledable either. i just dont want to loss another baby. i dont want something carless to happen i want it to be prevented.
    i'm glad your girl is going fine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the majority of type of births women with antibodies are. Natural or more going with c-section due to risk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the majority of type of births women with antibodies are. Natural or more going with c-section due to risk?
    I'm not sure... I had to have a c-section but I also had Pre clampsia and my son was measuring small for dates. They said there was no point inducing me because it would end in a csect any way and they were worried he would have bad jaundice due to my levels being 1:64 so didn't want him to get any bruising which apparently can happen with vag birth.
    I would write a big list of Qs for your OB and don't leave till you get the answers you want. You really need to know if it's big or little anti c and how the anti d and c effect each other and the baby. Also your husband really should have a blood test to see if he had the c antibodies.

I get what you mean about explaining it to ppl I still find it hard as it's so rare know one I know has ever heard of it, even most docs I have seen haven't heard of it. I just say it's an anti body in my blood which I got from my blood transfusion. The antibodies attack the baby and can cause sever jaundice.

I would call your doc on Monday and say you are really worried and would feel much better if you could have the scan earlier. Knowing you lost your son I would hope they would understand how hard this would be for you and give you the scan earlier. If not you could always go see a different doc?
    Big hugs xxxx I hope you can have your scan soon. I always feel much better after my scans.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anti D and Anti C Antibodies

I can relate to you i developed anti D antibodies in my last preg due to a concealed bleed at 36 weeks i am currently 8 weeks preg with my 2nd and have now developed anti c antibodies also.Im very new to this i have just moved to Australia from NZ a month ago so am still getting used to the way things are done here
    Im crossing my very tightly that everything will be ok