+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Treating Eczema the natural way - what works and what doesn't?

Last edited by jake's mum; 10-12-2011 at 12:59.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry that I cannot be of any help, jake's mum! I wonder too, and am hereby subscribing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used a natural lavender cream on my son since he was 3 months old, every night after bath I put it on and he hasn't broken out at all, I put it down to the cream. My older son was always having breakouts from birth to 2 until I started using the cream on him now he seems to have outgrown it. Unfortunately the product that I use is no longer being made, it was from Woodlands Estate Lavender Giftshop (http://www.thechurches.com.au/index....d=11&Itemid=11 ) I will run out in the next couple of months - so interested if anyone has had success with a similar product.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used coconut oil on myself and is takes the itch away instantly and my rash was gone the next day.

Do a bit of research (type eczema and coconut oil) into google and you can read lots of positive articles on it.

It's very cheap, and is a natural antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You might want to look at diet, I think a healthy gut helps skin heal and stay moist. Yoghurt etc. Has he had any antibiotic treatments? They can upset those friendly gut bacteria levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you heard of goats milk soap? It is suppose to be great for skin conditions:

http://www.goatsmilksoap.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has very mild eczema but I managed to finally clear it up by putting a spoon of oat milk powder by Aromababy in his bath water each night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    this i probably a little random, but anyone had success on getting rid of eczema on adults?? i suffered from it as a child, but outgrew it. skip forward to 2 years ago when i moved to the brisbane area and all of a sudden my eczema came back? i have no idea what's causing it, and have tried numerous products but can't seem to get any good results it is mostly behind my knees, but i also occasionally get it on my arms too. i have tried dermaid, manuka honey cream, moo goo, and a few others with no success. i would prefer a natural remedy too!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With my son I used copius amounts of sesame oil, and also colloidal silver spray/cream... I'm not SURE if they were the 'cure' 'cos he seems to get it for a short period every year, it's a mystery, but those things helped to keep it moist and under control...

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we use alpha keri lotion it works very well to treat the dry skin & irritation.