+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it wrong that I just wrote that post while procrastinating (should be writing an article)?!? Must learn to concentrate and make the most of my time.........(my new mantra!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I'd like to join too.

I'm studying bachelor of health science: naturopathy part time. It's 2 days a week this semester, probably 3 nxt semester. My son is 15 months old. I think I have another 4 years or so as the degree is 4 years full time.

At times I feel quite guilty for leaving him at his grandparents 2 days a week. It's like I could justify it easier if I was working and earning money, but not when I'm chasing my dream! Must get that out of my head though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for gate crashing,I'm not yet studying

peasmum - how do find the naturopathy course? I have been wanting to study to be a naturopath for years however my natruropath turned me off when she told me how hard it was t find a job and make a living and it takes a long time to make a name for yourself. Where are you studying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start of week 5, I think I'm behind already! 2 assignments to get done in the next two weeks as well... lucky I'm having a cruisy second trimester or I'd be in a special kind of hell right now!

Starting to think more about second semester, going to definately have to ask OB for a medical certificate for as long as possible so I can have materials sent home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy Loo View Post
    Sorry for gate crashing,I'm not yet studying

peasmum - how do find the naturopathy course? I have been wanting to study to be a naturopath for years however my natruropath turned me off when she told me how hard it was t find a job and make a living and it takes a long time to make a name for yourself. Where are you studying?
    Hi Lissy,

Yeh I have heard that too but at the same time, it seems to be a growing industry. I imagine most professionals starting their own business find it tough to start with. Well thats my theory, I hope I can find work after all the years I'll be studying!

I'm really enjoying it. I started online a while back but have recently put my butt into gear, heading on campus and getting through more subjects. It's a lot of biology/ chemistry at the start (being a science degree) and that gives you the science background for the pathology & of course nutrition side of things. I have only just started the herbal med stuff now and loving it. There is a lot to learn!

I'm studying at endeavour college of natural health in melb. They have campuses in other cities too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Start of week 5, I think I'm behind already! 2 assignments to get done in the next two weeks as well... lucky I'm having a cruisy second trimester or I'd be in a special kind of hell right now!

Starting to think more about second semester, going to definately have to ask OB for a medical certificate for as long as possible so I can have materials sent home.
    Hi GM01
    How is your pregnancy going? You're working full time and studying, is that right? How is it going for you (apart from your assignments coming up!!)

I've just found out I'm pregnant with our second child. Seriously my period isn't even due yet so very very early days, but I'm worried about studying (no longer working too) In my first pregnancy I was just so exhausted. I think I only managed to work a handful of full 5 day weeks, and I withdrew from some subjects at school. DH wants me to reduce my workload for second semester but I'm not sure. This degree will take me so long already, I just want to do as much as I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peasmum!

Pregnancy is going well thanks :-) We've just found out we're having a little girl, very excited!

I've started to reduce my hours, I'm down to 30 hours a week on top of study - definately don't have the energy I used to! It's going OK for now, but I can see I'll need to reduce again to 20-25 hours towards the end.

Congrats on finding out you're pregnant!! I would take the time to speak to your uni/tafe/school etc to see what arrangements you can make - I would definately be basing your workload soley on what they can offer. Imagine if you took on too much and failed? Then it would take even longer to complete!

How long have you been at the degree?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks peasmum, i am in Melb also. I went for an interview at Endeavour a couple of years ago but fell Pregnant and didn't persue it. It looks like a great course, its very expensive though. I am looking at options at the moment and am even considering doing a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics or Human Nutrition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    procrastinating while meant to be writing assignment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    procrastinating while meant to be writing assignment!
    Me too, me too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (01-04-2012)