+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2012 Studying Parents

Doing ok. Just have 6assignments due over next 3weeks. Arrgghh!!! Just finding time is proving to be challenging at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started my first week of dip of nursing. Have 4 modules this year and then full time next year. My brain is fried already. Any tips on retaining information?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2012 Studying Parents

Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I started my first week of dip of nursing. Have 4 modules this year and then full time next year. My brain is fried already. Any tips on retaining information?
    Try getting yourself into a routine every time your LO goes down you sit and go through uni work... Eventually you will get through the work also try note taking... That helps me. Or even read your work to your baby in an animated way... Gets my son every time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all!

So for most of you exams have been or are approaching? How is everyone going?

I ended up having to defer second semester this year - I very unexpectedly had my baby at 25 weeks, just before semester one finished. (After 102 days in hospital she has now been home for 2 months and is doing quite well, just a teeny tiny little bundle!)

I deferred my exams and sat them mid way through the NICU stay and applied for special consideration, passed them, phew!

Now I am a little terrified of next year! I was already having to do 5 units across the year rather than the usual part time course load of 4 due to some restructuring they are doing and it being the last year they are offering a core unit... but now I also need to tack on the 2 units I have missed this semester just gone - so that makes 7 units across the year (full-time is 8!).

My mum is near by and can help - but I know my brain just isn't what it used to be - it's going to be a challenge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone.... I just found out I am pregnant and my due date is 10 days after my masters dissertation is due....

I would love some help about how to finish uni and be a little baby mad...

What does make things more complicated is I am doing a Masters of Genetic Counselling and my research involves interviewing women who have reproductive issues.

Any suggestions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!