+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 20mum View Post
    So... Ive read a few posts here hoping i would see someone in a similar situation but i think maybe im just nuts after all. Currently trying to complete my bachelor of nursing so i can go on to study midwifery, i also have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old. If i had the choice i wouldnt study until they were a little older (id have a third too lol) but dh is burnt out, we are in our eay 20s and attempting to live off a single income. So time to study it is! Is there anyone else with 2 little ones trying to study... Please tell me im not the only one!
    Hi
    I have a 5 and a half year old dd, a 2year old dd and my DS just turned one I feel your pain!!! I'm studying full time at the moment- a uni prep program and will start nursing In October if I continue with full time. Then I want to do mid post grad

I have so much to do this Easter break to catch up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing a bachelor of psychology at uws and I have 4 kids aged 4, 3, 18 mnths and a 3 mnth old. Dh does night shift and so I only study when he gets up in the arvo and weekends. Honestly, it can be really stressful but I don't want to postpone as I've had one too many semesters off due to having babies and it's taking forever to finish! I totally rely on Dh to look after the kids when I'm on campus as daycare is too expensive to consider, being supported by only one income. I usually miss out on lectures when it can be accessed online so I can stay home and give Dh a break as he has enough stress from a physically demanding job to deal with on top. I don't have family to help out as most are living interstate or physically unfit to help so I really have my Dh to thank for supporting me continuously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in my 1st year of studying BOA Pathway to Teaching Primary School as a mature age student at UWS and am also Mamma to a fabulous 1 year old daughter!

I thought returning to full time study as a Mamma was going to be overwhelming because I haven't studied for well over 10 years and I have PND but if anything I have found it fantastic I am doing really well in all of my courses which is very exciting! My daughter is in Daycare 2 days a week and 1 day a week she is going to be with my parents. I think the hardest part of studying was leaving her for those first few weeks... I am a bit of an attached Mamma so I found it really hard at first... I am pretty sure thats normal though!

Would love to meet some other Mammas that are studying especially ones at UWS Parramatta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooks View Post
    I will be starting my long journey of studying to become a midwife
    I'm doing enrolled nursing through tafe starting in march!!
    Its online and studying part time
    This is me too except I'm hopefully starting in July and on-campus still very early days giving the Tafe a call back tomorrow to get the application process started. I can't wait!!! I have a 4yr old dd (5 in June) who is in prep. How are you finding it?

Also a question if you complete diploma of enrolled nursing and want to continue on to a duo degree in registered nursing/ midwife how much study are you exempt from with the diploma of en?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jensha and Pooks, I'm hoping to start my midwifery studies in February! Good luck to both of you! Enjoy the journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Jensha and Pooks, I'm hoping to start my midwifery studies in February! Good luck to both of you! Enjoy the journey
    Thanks good luck to you too. Where are you hoping to get in? Are you doing direct entry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jensha, I want to do it through Curtin uni and it'll be a one year post grad

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking for something like this thread! It's so good to see other mums are studying too I was at uni for 3 years but didn't finish the course, last week I just started with open universities hoping to do a B science in sustainable energy management. My sons 8 weeks old so it's a very interesting and demanding time. Funny thing, I think I study more often now than before, maybe it's knowing you can't rely on 'tomorrow' so if there's time do it ASAP haha.
    Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just enrolled to study a bachelor of biomedical science. Doing it full time. I have 4 kids aged 7/5/4/2. Glad to see other mums in a similar position.
    Exciting times about to begin for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 2012 Studying Parents

How is everyone going with their study?