+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 2012 Studying Parents

I enrolled 2 weeks ago
    I am finally doing my diploma in Beauty Therapy on campus through Ellabache. I have already obtained my certificates III and IV in Beauty Therapy, but the diploma was put on hold when I had my first son. I think I need to brush up on my skills, it's been a long time since I have done anything apart from being a mum.

I thought a chat thread for us 2012 studying parents would be a good idea, atleast we would all have something in common

So who else is studying and what are you studying?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (24-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am studying next year. I am in 2nd year uni Psych. Though considering a change to Social Work. I have just had a 6 month break so I am debating to take another 6 months or do 1 subject first semester and see how I go. Working 3 days, studying and mothering!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Im heading back to nursing next year I took some time off uni after having bub cant wait to get back as my brain is going to moosh. Im not sure how i will go being back full time was thinking of just going back part time. Would love to see how other mums study with kids my little baby will being going into the uni daycare for the first time its all a bit to much for this mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    well done I'm not a paren but next year I'l be doing my last year of my degree to make me a kindy teacher or primary school teacher

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I am studying next year. I am in 2nd year uni Psych. Though considering a change to Social Work. I have just had a 6 month break so I am debating to take another 6 months or do 1 subject first semester and see how I go. Working 3 days, studying and mothering!
    Sounds like your a pro! working, studying and being a mum. I have a friend that is a Social worker, she said it's great money but not alot of people make a career out of it because apparently it's a very hard job, emotionally alot of people breakdown from some of the stuff that goes on. All the best with which ever path you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by mamma2rubypie View Post
    Hi Im heading back to nursing next year I took some time off uni after having bub cant wait to get back as my brain is going to moosh. Im not sure how i will go being back full time was thinking of just going back part time. Would love to see how other mums study with kids my little baby will being going into the uni daycare for the first time its all a bit to much for this mum.
    I don't think I'm going to cope, at the least it is going to be very hard and a huge change for me, I've been a stay at home mum since my boys were born, so being away from them 5 days a week is going to be challanging.

Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    well done I'm not a paren but next year I'l be doing my last year of my degree to make me a kindy teacher or primary school teacher
    Woohoo! Only 1 year left, how exciting. Would you rather do kindy or primary teaching?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dunno it's hard I love both. I've always seen myself in a kindy but I'd be happy with either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its good to see that my feelings are normal im already starting to stress about the first day. Im feeling like its going to be to much for bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll be continuing with my studies as of semester 2 next year, as I unfortunately have to defer semester 1 as I'm due to have this bub right around exam time and there is no way of giving me an earlier exam and I don't want a later one as I'll be breastfeeding and can't be away from bub for too long as he/she will be so tiny. But come semester 2 I'll be back into studying my BA in psychology criminology & justice through edith cowan university I can't wait, which is crazy because I just had my last exam this afternoon so I should be stoked I have 6 months off I have about another 18 months of study to go until I graduate.

Good luck to everyone who is beginning their studies though, and those who are continuing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have applied to study graduate entry nursing next year, and will have 12mth old start some daycare, some time at home with Dad.

I have previously completed a degree in political studies/sociology while pregnant/nursing/caring for two other children. I studied during the day and visited the daycare at every break, to breastfed, share lunch, change nappy, put to bed etc...I would be up a lot at night essay writing and breastfeeding LOL

I haven't had to do clinical placements before and not sure exactly what is involved (tried to look it up but very minimal information) - so will be a new challenge.

Good luck to all the other student-working-nurturing mothers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giftedbirth For This Useful Post:

allykate  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedbirth View Post
    I have previously completed a degree in political studies/sociology while pregnant/nursing/caring for two other children. I studied during the day and visited the daycare at every break, to breastfed, share lunch, change nappy, put to bed etc...I would be up a lot at night essay writing and breastfeeding LOL
    !!! I think that's going to be me in a year's time, so great to know it can be done! Good luck with your grad studies

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunandstars17 For This Useful Post:

giftedbirth  (25-11-2011)