+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yesss!!
    I have met 12 BH members, give or take. One lives a few houses down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I've met 10 to 15 here in Melbourne, it's been a great way to make new friends

Bellalika: please please come to the next Melbourne meet up! We'd all love to meet you! I know what you mean about chickening out though, I nearly did a couple of times but just forced myself to step outside my comfort zone and I'm so glad I did. It's great to have more friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    I tend to just refer to my BH friends and my mothers group and hope noone questions why they are all from completely different locations.

I caught up with a hubber a few weeks ago at the beach with our kids and her brother was there. He asked how I knew her and I trotted out the mother group thing. Desperately hoping he didn't think that was odd given I had only moved here a year ago and our kids are three!
    I did the mothers group line, but my friend remembered that I had ditched the mothers group and questioned further, to which I changed the topic.

I tried out "online mothers group" but that could provoke more questions.

Awkward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did finally tell my partner about bh. Now I try and relay some of the more interesting stories, but he tells me that his crazy cup runneth over from work, and zones out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    would love to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully if I ever get brave enough and get the damn Wynnum mothers group up and running!!

I am really shy though irl so it i hard to get the man bits up and do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I did the mothers group line, but my friend remembered that I had ditched the mothers group and questioned further, to which I changed the topic.

Awkward.
    I find that nobody questions further if I say "I met her through a friend"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's a fine line isn't it?

DH knows about my DIG, but i don't tend to talk about ongoing BH participation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Awkward.
    You know I secretly wonder if you are just lying to us all. Perhaps all your "uni" friends were actually found on a fetish forum, and those "ex housemates" were probably just friends from your Tupperware forum...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (24-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Awkward.
    Lol... how about playgroup? You can say you met at a playgroup, when trying out different playgroups once, and clicked straight away and added each other to fb and then got to know eachother online better and are now friends lol.

I met LG! ^^ and I think two other Mums so far. So, not very many but no crazy ones yet, which is why I waited almost a year of being on bubhub getting know people before meeting them because I had heard too many crazy people stories haha. I am meant to have gone to the melbourne meets too and have not been able to each time . I find group meets more... scary. What if someone invites someone who is crazy? haha. I know a lot more via facebook though, and have seen them in public locally with their families but have not been able to chat at the time so I feel like I know a lot more than 3!