+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mums2be View Post
    One day :-)
    When we don't have crazy schedules

One of my best friends is on here but I knew her before :-)
    yep lol
    i was referred to the hub by another friend so i don't know if that counts lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep good friends with one and lived with her and her son for a few
    months

also met QTB ( older member) when I babysat her kids

hoping to meet more near by to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksnjeff View Post
    No. I am more of a reader, though I am starting to get "into" it more! How do you know whether someone is in the same area?? This almost sounds stalkerish... I would love to meet some local hubbers!!
    try looking in your areas section on the bh forum many organize meet ups or even chat so you can see whose in your area

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (23-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive met a heap! I lovely the gold coast ladies we used to go out once a month!

Ive only met one person where i live now. Id love to meet up or meet more ladies but between work, all my pregnancy appointments, DD's appointments and activities and everything on the weekend lately its just never happened.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've met three lovely hubbers. I was meant to meet more but things have gotten in the way. I'm a bit of a chicken though so....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've met three. One was an absolute nutter with abandonment issues and godknowswhatelese and I'm glad I didn't reveal to her my real name or where I lived. TBH, I doubt she even had kids.

The other two are gems. One lives far from me so we email but the other I see regularly even though she is no longer a participant on HB.

Meeting offline is a double edged sword. You really must be careful because there some disingenuous, scary people out there and I find people are all too willing to just through their info at you without pausing to think at whom they're throwing it at and letting in.

But, if you are careful then there are also rewards too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have, but it does get slightly complicated explaining it to irl ppl who don't know about bh. Worlds colliding and all that. I'm on a slippery slope to being a compulsive liar.

Anyway, I've found bh a good way to meet mothers with more in common as I didn't feel I fitted into my mothers group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbity Babbity View Post
    WARNING: Do not meet bada IRL. She might say 7 people are crazy, but she is the common denominator...*insert x-file icon and music*
    Watch out for rabbity too, you'll meet her then she'll move into the next street, and before you know it she is pulling all kinds of stunts (locking herself out of the house without clothes!) just to come hang out with you at 7 am she does make good cup cakes though so it all balances out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I have, but it does get slightly complicated explaining it to irl ppl who don't know about bh. Worlds colliding and all that. I'm on a slippery slope to being a compulsive liar.

Anyway, I've found bh a good way to meet mothers with more in common as I didn't feel I fitted into my mothers group.
    I tend to just refer to my BH friends and my mothers group and hope noone questions why they are all from completely different locations.

I caught up with a hubber a few weeks ago at the beach with our kids and her brother was there. He asked how I knew her and I trotted out the mother group thing. Desperately hoping he didn't think that was odd given I had only moved here a year ago and our kids are three!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InBetween View Post
    I've met three. One was an absolute nutter with abandonment issues and godknowswhatelese and I'm glad I didn't reveal to her my real name or where I lived. TBH, I doubt she even had kids.

but I really do have a kid! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

yes it is helpful to tell your significant other You are meeting Bh friends so they don't think you're having an affair!