+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Novalac Colic & Novalac Reflux Formulas

Has anyone used these? Did they help with the colic and reflux? DD (12wk) has colic and silent reflux. I've been trying gripewater and infacol for colic and paed has started her on Losec for reflux (has been 2 wks,not much change).He said we wont worry about lactose intolerance (I breastfeed) or cows milk protein allergy at this stage. DD cries everytime she needs to pass wind..poor thing goes red in the face trying ...shes not constipated though...

So a friends suggested novalac colic for DDs colic (as it has helped her DS).

So what has your exerience been with it? Did you continue breastfeeding as well?? Anyone try both the formulas at same time for colic and reflux??

Any reviews will be helpful!! Am exhausted dealing with both things...cant sleep during the day and DD waked every hr at night ...either from colic pain or reflux...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Novalac Colic & Novalac Reflux Formulas

i want to bump this up have same question did u end up finding out which was good op?

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD had colic & reflux too.

We opted for Novolac Colic then added a thickener to it for the silent reflux - that made DD constipated though which caused more problems!

Paed then put DD on Losec for the silent reflux and we continued with Novalac Colic (also adding infacol too) which helped so much!

I tried to keep BFing, but DD had terrible attachment from the start and then having silent reflux from birth BFing just didn't work, so she was on full Novalac from around 7-8 weeks old I think.

I was told not to swap between both all the time as it upsets their stomachs when they're so little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Novalac Reflux and its great, helped DD a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried it for colic but it made DD constipated. For the reflux, GP just put bub on gaviscon for babies