Closed Thread
Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am definitely getting those wall stickers. Have had a look on a few websites and there are so many to choose from. Can't wait to get them.

Just got back from my baby shower and it was brilliant. Had so much fun and got loads of pressies. All my work colleagues were there too so my mum was very sneaky managing to sort that out without me knowing!

I got a baby bath, bouncer, loads of nappies, toiletries for baby, baby bag, teddies, baby clothes, tummy time mat, safety things for the car, toys etc. I also got some presents for me which was nice and unexpected. Got a new Kindle and cover and vouchers for a pedicure (great present as I can't reach my feet that well anymore) and vouchers for beauty treatments. I feel so spoiled.

We played lots of funny games and had a chocolate fountain and alcohol-free punch. I have eaten so much chocolate I feel sick!

My mum and sister also made little gift bags for all the guests and bought thank you cards for me so I could fill them in and put them in the bags. They really thought of everything and I had such a great time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong - your baby shower sounds fantastic! I used removable wall stickers/decals for DS's nursery with the Beatrix Potter theme. When I redo his room, I will do Jungle Animals - but not sure when I'll get around to it.. Still not sure whether to move him in to a new room, or just make one of the spare rooms in to a nursery. Definitely won't be moving the baby in to a room until after winter! Oh and I got a pedicure the other day - definitely want to get another one in before the baby comes, so I can have nice toes for labour!

I've had the worst pregnancy symptoms this weekend. Had a really sore tummy with lots of Braxton hicks/period like pain. Also, finding it really hard to sleep and get comfortable..

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mum2angus - I'm feelin ya honey. I have exactly the same this weekend. Braxton hicks are coming big time and lots of cramping. Good to know things are happening but i need mine to bake for a couple more weeks haha.

Ooh a pedicure sounds nice though. I'm getting all my waxing done next week too so that will make me feel human again haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2Angus - I love Beatrix Potter. I found all my old Beatrix Potter book collection that I was bought when I was a baby. Can't believe my mum still had them all. I am going to give them a good wipe down and let my baby have them. I enjoyed them when I was young so hopefully baby will too. I am going to be having a manicure and pedicure just before baby is due and I'll be asking them to put Shelac nail polish on both so it will last for 2 weeks without chipping. I've had it before and it really makes a difference.

Gemini85 - Rather you than me with the waxing!! I had a bikini line wax once and I nearly hit the roof! She pulled off one side and I told her to leave the other side hairy because it hurt so much! I have just had to buy a stick on wall mirror that I can use to do my bikini line in the shower because I'm too big to see what I'm doing now. So shameful! I know I probably won't care at the time but I would like to go into hospital smooth and pretty looking down there!

AFM - Went for my growth scan this afternoon and baby is measuring 1 day ahead so they were really happy and said my dates should be spot on. I could even be a couple of days early which would fit my guess date of 12th August! The fortune teller lady may be right! Also had bad news from Mothercare who have LOST the Baby Jogger City Select pram I ordered over 14 weeks ago! How on earth do you lose a pram? It's too late now to order a new one so they offered it to me in a different colour. I had ordered the black one but they have one in diamond which I'm just going to have to accept since baby is due in 6 weeks. I am so bloody angry with them. I've never known anything like it. The level of customer service is c**p. I went there on Sunday and the lady that was serving told me it might be there but she's too busy to go and look! I ordered everything from there and spent over $2,000 so not at all happy with them. I am now taking a pram I didn't order which is so upsetting but I have no choice. I just thought I'd vent and let you all know that I will never be shopping there again. 14 weeks and they still couldn't get it right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear your growth scan went well. Can't believe we are all so close now. It's getting scary haha

Lol at the waxing. It does hurt a fair bit. More so when you're pregnant. But I hate hair there at the best of times. It just makes me really itchy. So Brazilian it is for me. I've tried using beard trimmers to do down there, but i just can't do it. I get hubby to do it but I just laugh too much. And I get the worst rash when I shave so waxing it is.

I'd be writing a big rude email to that shop if I were you. Tell them exactly how much you spent and that you want a discount otherwise you'll bring everything back in for a refund. I hate it when places to that hey. It's so rude and unprofessional. They need to remember word of mouth is a very powerful thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    klong - Yay, for great scan results, and such a lovely Baby Shower!
    fAs for your pram drama, can you obtain a refund and get it somewhere else either that or I'd demand an 'upgrade' pram [if there is one]

Mum2Angus - I hear you on the sore tummy with Braxton hicks.. and what's with that period like pain? Keeps freaking me out.

Kseds - That decal is so cute. I loved decals - we got one too. It was a bit more tricky to put up than I thought, but worth the time.

AFM - Nursery is almost all done now - just waiting on my custom made quilt to arrive and I'm set!
    I also had a baby shower on the weekend, and WOW all my friends & family gave bubs so many gifts... I was so overwhelmed I had a little cry. I got a few doubles of things, so I need to try and exchange them for something...but cause I have everything I'll prob just stock up on NAPPIES!!

Here is a pic of the decal we put up in our little mans room. Thankfully my sister helped me.

photo-3.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    POPPED in June
    8 - Womble - Connor James
    17 - Jools - Scarlett Piper
    16 - Gracefilled - Charles Atticus & Hamish William

Due in July
    6 - missbloggsy - GIRL [C-Section]
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan - GIRL
    25 - Mum2Angus - SURPRISE
    31 [8 Aug] - Gemini85 - SURPRISE

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    14 [12 Aug] - Klong - SURPRISE
    15 - HamptonK - BOY
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41Hope - GIRL
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 [8 Aug] - Bebehvala - BOY
    29 [2 Aug] - Angenrod - BOY
    29 [23 Aug] - Kseds - SURPRISE
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch - SURPRISE
    31 - Angelanathan - GIRL

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire - BOY
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]
    24 - babystepswa
    While some of us are 'guessing' our baby's due date - some have already popped!
    Last edited by bebehvala; 03-07-2012 at 23:27.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong, I would be so bummed re the pram - AND the complete lack of customer service. I would be demanding that they order the pram you requested but you get to use the one they gave you in the mean time. It's just not something you should have to deal with.

Loving the pics of the nurseries - they are gorgeous!!!

I have 6 sleeps to go now! Booked in for the 9th - it all seems a bit surreal, not sure it will all sink in until we actually get to see our lil cookie. Even though I'm not sleeping with the back/pelvic pains and braxton hicks, I am feeling like a kid at Christmas I am so excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong - what colour did you order? I have the same pram in diamond and it's really nice, although this time I would really like the red - but just for a change. There's a store on eBay that make custom covers for that pram. That's what I'd like to get - especially if we have a girl...

Sorry, no other personals as I am on my phone. Did a bit of baby shopping yesterday. Brought one of those cradle swings which is my first major purchase as we have most big things from DS. Feeling really sore down there and having so much trouble sleeping.. DH has the next two days off as DSS is here, so that's nice :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2Angus - We ordered the black Baby Jogger City Select pram and bassinet. We have the black bassinet but it's the actual pram they lost! They have offered us the diamond one but I really didn't want that one because I've read so many reviews saying how dirty they get. I figured I've spent $1,000 on this pram so I want the one I ordered. I have tried calling a few other baby shops in the area and they don't have any in stock either and won't be getting them in until end of August, early September which is too late. I think it would have been easier for me to travel to wherever they are made, bought it and sent it back to Oz! I've never known anything take so long to arrive and then to get lost, it's such a joke.