Closed Thread
Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That book sounds really good. I like the idea of my mind going to a different place and zoning out when dealing with pain instead of taking loads of drugs. I will buy it and read on my 2 weeks off work before baby is born.

Went to ante-natal class last night and it was really good. We were shown a birthing video and a few pictures of the different stages. The midwife taking the class was lovely. Had to get up halfway through though because the room was so hot and I felt faint from all the talk of blood and cutting bits! Went to the toilet and ran my wrists under a cold water tap then was right as rain again!

We get to see the birthing suite next week whjich I'm really looking forward to. They were discussing birthing plans and I'd never really thought I was going to bother with one but I've changed my mind now. The midwife was telling me what other people had on their birth plans so made me feel reassured that they are pretty flexible and listen to what the woman wants.

I'm going to ask that the lights are down low and blinds are shut, I'm taking in my Ipod and I'm going to make a labour playlist of music I find soothing and I'm going to ask that I can sit in the bath for as long as possible as warm water always makes me feel better if I'm ever in pain. She said there's gas and air in the bathroom so I will try and use that if it gets too intense. I have told my DH that I want him to stay calm and not question everything the midwife is doing because if he's stressing then it will make me stress. I want things to be calm and I want to be not fussed over when the pain gets too intense so I can deal with it in my own way.

That's the plan anyway but I know how plans can go out of the window in the heat of the moment! We will see how things go and deal with it as it happens. I am going to take a very practical approach to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also watched the end of One Born Every Minute USA last night where the woman having the epidural was screaming her head off because it hadn't worked and they had to do it again. I cried my eyes out watching it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong - my birth plan last time was just to not have any drugs - put I ended up having all of them and the begged for a caesarian! This time i would like it to be much how you said and the playlist I would like to have is a yoga relaxation cd that I will buy off iTunes. I'm not really a yoga fan, but from the one term I did in prenatal yoga, I think the yoga music would be good in helping me to move and feel calm. I think when you're in that zone, you feel very primitive anyway, so you just need to go with that flow if you know what I mean?

I watched the one born every minute show and I couldn't watch them doing it without an epidural. That's what I'm most scared about this time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charles Atticus (1.8kg) & Hamish William (1.6kg) arrived this morning at 5.45am by emergency caesar at 33+1 weeks. Both are stable & in NICU - Charlie is breathing on his own & Hamish is on cpap - both sugars are stable. I am recovering quickly from my GA & avoided ICU this time - got to have a quick hello on my way back from recovery this am & hope to get down to see them tomorrow by wheelchair. Currently very morphined!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations gracefilled!! Wonderful names. Glad they are both doing well. Hope mummy is recovering well too. Can't wait to see photos xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big congratulations Grace!!! Lovely names and good sizes for their early arrival. Thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hopefully you get down
    There tomorrow for cuddles. Lookin forward to seeing pics. Wonderful
    News xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations gracefilled on your little ones safe arrivals. I hope you recover quickly and get to see them soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hamish
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are so beautiful! Congratulations. Wonderful job mummy xoxo