Closed Thread
Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratualtions Womble - that must have been very scary for you and DH. Conner looks very cute, even upside down. Hopefully you recover from your C-Section quickly and the three of you are home together very soon.

Gracefilled - Yippee for a Nanny. Not so great about your new condition, but you are def in the right place to be looked after. Keep your legs crossed and we'll keep our fingers crossed that the boys stay in there a little longer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

gracefilled  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Womble!! He's beautiful and you and DH must be SO excited to take him home soon! At least you can make sure you have everything perfect at home for him.mlove the name too

Grace - wow I don't know how you've done 8 weeks! I can't even do one day bed rest at home. Glad you've got everything sorted for after the twins come and at least you can get quiet time to do all your paperwork!

Angenrod - I've never heard of that injection sorry, so I don't know. Last time I asked my OB if DH could 'catch' the baby and he said no. This time I am at a birth centre, so I imagine the midwives would be more . I'm a bit scared to ask though. Also, I'm scared about the birth, so might prefer DH up with me :-)

AFM - I've been sick In bed the last few days with the flu. Poor little DS is sick too and been sleeping heaps because he coughs all the time while he is sleeping. Omg, 6 and a half weeks to go and I am so scared about the birth. I wanted to do the all natural thing this time and go through the birth centre where they only offer gas. Now I am thinking I will need lots and lots of drugs! I'm also wishing that I went private and could book in for a c section - although I know the recovery is much harder. Sorry if I'm sounding a bit scary - I'm just feeling a bit anxious about it all. It will probably be much better on the day! Not that I have much choice - we need to get it out somehow!!

Anyway, hope everyone is good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Womble - so very very cute! He looks in great health all pink and big... hope you are recovering well and get to take baby Conner home soonest

Mum2Angus sorry to hear you've been poorly. So have I and isn't it horrible being sick and pregnant? I've been off work for over a week I couldn't get out of bed and ended up on anti-biotics which I really didn't want to do, but had to. Feeling much better but still horrible. I think it is totally natural to get freaked out when you are so close. All I can suggest is that get your head into a space where you know you will handle it when the time comes. Just focus on each day and each moment as it comes, don't think about any other time other than now. If you see it as something out there in the future and huge - of course it will be overwhelming. Anyway - I hope that advice helps :-) I hope I listen to my own advice when I get closer ;-)

I went to see What to Expect When You're Expecting with my mum today. Was funny and good fun. Great to get out of the house!!

Four weeks of work to go - yay!

Claire xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Angenrod,

I was told about magnesium sulphate when I first landed in hospital at 24+6 and I believe its use is hospital based with a little bit of tweaking based on your obstetrician. I am at the Mater in Brisbane and they use it on all prems upto 32 weeks to help sustain/protect neurological development for the baby. Apparently it makes you feel like crap when you receive it but obviously they believe there is enough evidence to support its routine use. Obstetrician said his only query with it was whether it was beneficial past 30 weeks, but was very supportive of using it despite side-effects (short term) to the mother. Not sure where you are based but hope that helps a bit! Hope that bub stays in for as long as possible - I know how hard it is to count the days by as you wait to pass the milestones

x Grace
    Last edited by gracefilled; 11-06-2012 at 07:12. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations, Womble! He may be small but he'll grow up big and strong.

When I started posting in this thread, July, August and September seemed so far away...now the babies are coming and it's amazing to see.

To all those whose babies seem desperate to arrive early, best wishes for a safe delivery and a healthy bubba (or bubbas in some cases).

AFM - 30 weeks gone. Finally got over the whole morning sickness thing about 4 weeks ago. I seem to have had more medical appointments in the past few months than ever before but things have improved. Another GTT on Friday (makes number 3) and I have to have an echocardiogram the following week but hopefully that's the end of a long run of tests.

Have a good week everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Womble - he is gorgeous!!!!

Precious lil IVF princess on board...34 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grace, thanks for that information. I really hope I'm sent to a hospital like yours. I'm in Wollongong but will be sent to Sydney if baby needs to arrive before 32 weeks. From my own research, only some hospitals offer it as the mum needs to be closely monitored and staffing is the issue at hospitals.... Sux to say the least. I really hope we get it If I go earlier then 32 weeks... I'll be doing everything I can to receive it. I will ask my Ob about it tomorrow.
    Thank you again for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Womble, congrats on the safe arrival of Connor, he is gorgeous!!! I'm sure he'll be home with you and DH in no time...

Gracefillled, wow you've been in hospital for a very long time, but I'm glad to hear the boys are doing well and I hope they get the memo to stay put till the 27th! And yay on getting a nurse, you definitely need the extra help when the boys make they appearance!

Angenrod, I hope your little one holds out too as long as possible...

I hope everyone else is doing well, haven't been on in a while and just had a quick catch up.

I'm 32wk1d today and feeling heavy and ready to pop! but I hope baby stays put a while longer. I'm thinking it will make an appearance end of july rather then it's due date, so my guess would be the 25th! Having an OB appointment tomorrow so we'll know more about the birth plan, as baby is breeched at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick one on my iPad, so I can't do personals. I'm getting a bit better, just have a cough and really sore throat. Oh and nasal congestion - it's so annoying not being able to take anything! I've been having this nasal spray at night to sleep, but need to stop it today so I don't get rebound congestion :-(

I was having a 'so over being pregnant' moment the whole weekend, but then yesterday I thought to myself that I need to make the most of this time with DS. I feel quite sad that he won't be the centre of our attention anymore, because he is at such an awesome age and he is such a good little boy. I don't think he'll be put out too much by the new baby as he loves to help, but it's a bit sad that his role will change.

Anyway, sorry about the 'me' post. Hope everyone else is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angenrod: "I'm in Wollongong but will be sent to Sydney if baby needs to arrive before 32 weeks. From my own research, only some hospitals offer it as the mum needs to be closely monitored and staffing is the issue at hospitals...." Just letting you know but when I was in hosp (RPA in Sydney) and it looked bub was coming at 27 weeks they told me that (unless I objected) it was standard to give the magnesium injection to everyone giving birth prior to 32 weeks (might have been 31???) I said I definately wanted it and they went to prep it, do paperwork, whatever but by the time they got back I had stopped bleeding and the danger of birth was over.
    As you know, most hospitals without a NICU dont admit bubs prior to 32 weeks (I think? or is it 34? sorry pregnancy brain!!) so you usually get transfered to a NICU hosp which in Sydney is RPA, Westmead or the Royal Childrens hosp at POW. I dont know if you can request one over the other??
    I'd ask your Ob to confirm all this as I wouldnt trust my brain at the moment to remember my name!! Good luck, lets hope our bubs stay put a bit longer and we dont have to worry about such things xxx

Womble: HUGE congrats on your beautiful boy! for such a little one he certainly looks all pink and healthy!

Mum2Angus, Goaskclaire: hope you feel better soon, I seem to have been sick off and on sick Easter. Sucks bigtime

Klong: I applied online and received a letter confirming I will be receiving the parental leave payment. I had to register on the Centrelink site but seeing as I am applying for single parents payment etc it was easier to do it that way anyway.

Sorry for those I've missed, hope everyone is hanging in there xxx
    Emma