Closed Thread
Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!!!
    Just wanted to touch base with you all - I haven't posted in ages but have been keeping up to date with what's been happening with everyone. I can't believe we are in June already - sometimes it feels like it has taken forever to get here and then other times it feels like it has flown by!
    I am 33+5 today and now booked for c section on 9th July - that's 4 weeks on Monday - OMG!!! I have had terrible pelvic and back pain and lil cookie is on the large size, hence the c section. We saw Dr today and am now officially booked in!
    I had a baby shower 2 weeks ago - it was soooo lovely to have a girlie catch up morning tea - my besties did an amazing job and put so much effort into it. And the presents - far out - I did not expect so many presents! To be honest it was all a bit overwhelming! I feel very lucky.
    I would love to do personals but it's so tricky on my phone!! I hope those of you in hospital are coping ok - it must be a challenge being away from home for so long.
    Big hello to everyone!!! And have a great weekend!

Precious lil IVF princess on board...33 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I was just wondering if anyone knew when you can apply for the paid parental leave benefits. I havew searched the internet for info and it never seems to lead me to the answers I need.

I have been working for my current company for a year and a half and don't plan to finish working until 2 weeks before the baby is due so I would qualify. My DH works full-time so I'm not sure if it's means tested. I know the current parental leave payment is $590 p/w before tax but I wasn't sure how early I should be applying for it.

My crappy company don't provide any financial maternity pay which I think is pretty poor so I really would like the paid parental money to start as soon as possible after I have the baby. I know how long things take to sort out so don't want to leave it too late and end up going weeks and weeks without any money coming in.

Does anyone know how it works or has anyone already applied for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies, I carried on looking on the internet and found a few answers to my question above which i have shown below just in case any of you also wanted to know:

When can I claim Parental Leave Pay?
    Claims for Parental Leave Pay can be lodged up to three months before the expected date of birth or adoption of your child.
    Why should I claim before my child arrives?

Lodging a claim for Parental Leave Pay before your child is born or adopted will help prevent any delay in providing Parental Leave Pay.
    If I nominate my Parental Leave Pay to start on my baby's due date and I am late, will I have to wait to be paid?

Yes. Your payments can not commence until you have provided the Family Assistance Office with proof of birth of your child and any other requested information and this has been processed. To be paid from the date of birth or adoption you must have claimed for Parental Leave Pay and lodged your Newborn Child (proof of birth) form within 28 days of the child's birth or adoption.
    Can I receive Parental Leave Pay before my child is born or adopted?

No. Parental Leave Pay is designed so parents can spend more time at home with their child.
    Parental Leave Pay can only commence from the date of birth or arrival of your adopted child at the earliest. To be paid from the date of birth or adoption you must lodge your proof of birth within 28 days of the child's birth or adoption.
    How can I claim Parental Leave Pay?

You can claim for Parental Leave Pay using Online Services[4]. You can lodge a claim up to three months before the expected date of birth or adoption of your child.
    For more information on how to claim Parental Leave Pay or other family assistance payments online, view the Claiming Parental Leave Pay and family assistance online[5] factsheet.
    If you would like to find out more about registering for Online Services you can:
    • view a demonstration of how to register for Online Services[6], or
    • view the online and phone services frequently asked questions[7].
    If you are already registered for Online Services, you can start the claim process online.
    If you have any problems using Online Services, call the Online Services Support Hotline on 13 2307.
    Learn more about how to claim for Parental Leave Pay[8].
    You can call 13 6150 for assistance in completing your online claim form or to request a hard copy form. Alternatively, you can visit the Family Assistance Office located in Medicare offices and Centrelink Customer Service Centres.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 07-01-2015 at 11:45. Reason: Link Removal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well, haven't been on for a while with all the appointments i've had, but we are pleased to annouce the arrival of Connor James who was born yesterday at 2:36pm by c-section due to depleting fluid and backwards growth. He weighs in at only 3lb, but is strong and doing much better out of the womb, he is breathing on his own and is really only in NICS due to being so small they are now giving him fat, so hopefully he will grow pretty quick. He cried as soon as he was pulled out so that was a huge relief for us

Connor James 2.jpgConnor James.jpgConnor James 1.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, not sure why the pictures came out upside down!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations womble on the safe arrival of connor. He is so beautiful I hope both you and bub are doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Womble - that is fabulous news - such an exciting announcement to have a happy, healthy boy - he will grow fast & be home with you soon. Gorgeous pictures & wonderful names xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your thoughts about hospital & bed rest - I can't believe I've been here for nearly 8 weeks!
    Have added another complication to the pregnancy - at 32 weeks on Friday the boys are still very mobile - called 'unstable lie' - which means I would have been admitted to hospital had I not been here already. Apparently spontaneous labour is imminent & very high risk due to chance of cord prolapse. Now on daily scans & if they stay mobile I'll have my Caesar on June 27 at 34+5. Never a dull moment here!

Finally employed a nanny so at least that's done & organised. I recruited through 'find a babysitter' website & got them to interview in hospital. I'm entitled to 'in home care' through the government as I will have 3 kids under school age so there's lots of paperwork & faffing involved but means we get 50%+ back & means we can afford to get regular help in. If anyone wants info on it pm me & I'll send u the details.

Good luck to those ladies in the final work countdown - make sure you take some time to rest as well - pregnancy is going to be over very soon, so make the most of it :-))))

x Grace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Womble on the birth of Conner!! He's so little but so glad he is healthy. How many weeks did u get to? Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with Conner xx

Grace- wow 8 weeks.... How have you survived? I'm pleased to hear that they are monitoring you everyday. That's very reassuring. Glad to hear you have also organized help for when your back home, that's a relief.
    Fingers x that everything goes according to plan and you make it to 27th June. Goodluck, keep us posted. Xx

Afm- only 28+3 today an can go any day. Im desperate to find out who will accommodate my wishes (hospital wise) as I want to insist that I be given magnesium sulfate injection. I know hospitals will only do this if they have enough staff to monitor the patient, and right now, there isn't enough evidence to prove its benefits, however, I feel quite strongly about this and want it. Finding it very difficult.
    If anyone knows anything abou this, please let me know.
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

gracefilled  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Womble! He is so beautiful. So tiny! Glad he is doing well. Take care mum xoxo