Closed Thread
Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I had my baby shower yesterday. Had heaps of fun and got lots of cool pressies. All the little things I didn't have yet which is great. It's getting scary now! We are so close!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how exciting! I'm having mine in 3 weeks. What sort of gifts did u get? People have asked me what i want, but I don't know what to say.??

How long did it go for? What food did u have? I need ideas!!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    It only went for about 2.5 hours. That was long enough haha. Just had heaps of sandwiches and platters and chips and dip. And cupcakes. It was really nice.

I got a nappy bag, a couple of vouchers, a car seat from a couple of family members, a play mat thingo, plus a few little gift packs of things like wraps, singlets, bibs, bonjella, panadol, nappy cream etc. all the practical stuff, which was great.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini your baby shower sounds like it was good and you were spoilt

I have mine on the 23rd and can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Have been following posts, but soooooo busy at work haven't had a chance to update...with only 19 days left of work don't know how I'm going to get everything done.... I had my baby shower 3 weeks ago and was spoilt as well. People kept asking me what I wanted and I had no idea. I sat with a friend who is a mother of 2 and she gave me a list of the essentials which I put into a wish list, which my guests could request via email from my friend.

I am currently 33weeks and 3 days....ob said she is going to induce or c section me at 39 weeks so less than 6 weeks and don't feel organized at all. Our bub is laying in the trans position and we are hoping will move before 36 weeks however doesn't seem to be in a hurry....

Hoping ladies on bed rest are taking it easy... We are all doing such amazing jobs and showing strength in this journey keep it up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Belinda1010 For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you both sound like you had a nice time and got some nice gifts to get u started!! I need to put a list together too.

Hampton- mine is also on the 23rd June. I'll be 30 weeks!! Eeeeek!!
    I will do the same - regarding food, sandwich platters, dips & chips/crackers, cupcakes...

I haven't made an end time, only a start time, and I assumed 3 hours would be plenty. I'm so excited about mine now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

Same as many others....been keeping up with the thread, but OMG been so busy, it's nuts.

I hope all you ladies who had/are having baby showers had/have LOADS of fun and get totally spoilt!!!! I have such great memories of my own... almost a bit sad you don't get one the second time around...!!!

qotfu - wow, you are certainly having a time of it, aren't you?? Just make sure, above all else, that you are taking care of yourself!!! It sounds like you are getting the best possible medical care and advice.... And at least you get to do the bed-rest thing at home. It would totally suck being stuck in hospital the whole time. My sis went into early labour with her DS at 28 weeks, and was stuck in hospital on drugs and bed rest until 36.5 weeks. She went almost totally stir crazy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone...!!!

angenrod - hope your "borderline" doesn't turn into "full-blown"!!! That would be a real pain. And I know what you mean...I'm at 28 weeks on Wednesday and there's all these gals saying "only 19 days of work left" etc etc....and to think I was getting excited about only having 7 weeks of work left!!! LOL. Still, when you think we're into the last trimester, it's getting really close for all of us, eh?? IGood luck for your next scan - hope bub is growing well for you and putting your mind at ease!!

womble - hope everything is going ok - you must be really anxious about bub!! I'm sure you are both in good hands with people who know what they are doing.....but I can see how it would all be a bit frightening sometimes. Especially after all we've been through to get to this point in the first place!! I'm sure everyone's saying it anyway, but make sure you try to relax and take care of yourself as much as possible. Don't underestimate the power of just being positive!!!

klong - AMEN!! Us gals are a tough bunch!! I hear you too on the "uneventful" side of things.... here's hoping your next 10 weeks stay just as uneventful (apart from that one BIG event, of course!!!)

AFM - not much. Had my glucose test on saturday (oh, how I enjoy those....) Last time I was borderline and had to do a repeat test (the big 2 hour one) - keeping my fingers crossed that when I go see my OB on Wed that he'll give me good news that I won't have to do it again. Or don't have it, of course.

28 weeks on Wed - still/only 7 weeks of work left to go. Which is just as well. Having trouble keeping focussed - had a whole bunch of crap come up which means I don't have the capacity to be 'winding down' just yet (typical when you work in HR), especially as they haven't decided/announced my replacement yet. Really wish they would get cracking on that. Would really love to start handing some of this stuff to someone else....!!!

Hope everyone is well - YAY for 3rd Trimester!!! It is all so close now!!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    30 weeks on Saturday, so glad I’ve made it this far (with bub still inside!!) no further bleeds, bub still measuring ahead.
    Its weird, each day goes so slowly but it seems like the weeks are flying past!

Angelrod – yes fortnightly scans from now, if he loses too much weight or slows his growth by more than 10% it’ll go to weekly scans (only allowing that much lee way because he is measuring so far ahead). Hope your bub has a growth spurt soon! Ugh, GD sucks, I hope for your sake it doesn’t progress past borderline and you find it easy to control.

Womble – I know those injections, don’t they hurt!! And I also had 2 sleepless nights which they said were prob due to the steroids, apparently they give some people insomnia and migraines-UGH
    Hope your bub has a growth spurt. Tho’ even if he doesn’t the statistics at 36 weeks are as good as 40 weeks, from memory.

Grace – oh I feel for you, my 6 days in hosp almost drove me crazy so can only imagine how you must feel! Hang in there little guys, and cervix stay closed! I imagine at least nanny recruiting gives you something to distract your self with?

I had a baby shower with my first and it was heaps of fun! I got so many cool pressies. I told people if they didn’t know what to get to just buy their fave childhood book and write an inscription in it about why they loved it so much. Lots of people did that and it is so cool looking at them all now.

Sorry for all the people I missed, hope everyone is hanging in there!
    Emma x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope you all had a nice long weekend. Back to work today but according to my T-Zero app, I only have 51 days left until I finish!!!

The girls at work have said they'd like to throw me a baby shower which is nice of them. I wasn't planning on having one since it's not something we would normally do in the UK but might be fun to have a little get together before bubs arrives.

30 weeks today and even though time seems to be going fast, if I think back to when I did the FET it feels like a million years ago. I have forgotten what it feels like to feel slim, drink alcohol, not have a little person move around inside me, be able to shave my legs without getting out of breath, be allowed to go grocery shopping by myself and carry heavy bags etc.

I think now I'm down to the last 10 weeks, it has really hit me that very soon I will be somebody's mum. I feel so lucky to have finally got there and really grateful that there is such a thing as IVF otherwise it would never have happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong- your so right in everything u said above!! It has gone fast too. I wish I was at 30 weeks though as dr has said bub will be here very soon as he is starting to slow down with growing, quite significantly. I am
    Praying I get to 30 weeks (21st June), I will feel as though I have accomplished what my goal is. He's not moving as much now too which has me worried all the time. Having an ECG today to check his heart (having that twice a week now, along with 1 ultrasound). Will keep u all updated, but If any of you feel the urge to pray, please ask God to keep him safe and well inside me to 30 weeks, then safe and well on the outside. Thank you.