Closed Thread
Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bebe - I hope bubs moves for you. A lot of my friends had breech babies. One of them was frank breech. Bum first or whatever it is. Ouch. Haha too funny that it had its feet in its face. Mine usually has its hands in the way. The dr always has to pound my belly a few times to get it to move.

Womble - glad you have your GD under control. Is it hard to monitor? Do you just keep it under wraps with diet?

Yeah I know what you mean about it feeling rude to expect presents, but no one ever actually thinks you're being rude. I mean all the people who are coming to mine are the people who I have bought presents for. And I loved buying stuff for them. And all I need are all the little things. I bought all the big stuff myself. A good friend of mine had one a few years back and she did a registry. Should have seen the stuff she had on hers. Some really expensive stuff. But hey, people bought it for her.

I know I'm having games at mine, but they are things like the chocolate in the nappies, guess the nursery rhyme etc. so nothing embarrassing. I hope.

I know ive missed heaps
    Of people, sorry. Still recovering from this cough. Good thing is it won't do any harm to baby, but it's driving me mad. Feel like I'm gonna go into early labour.

I'll be back soon and reply to everyone xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2angus - hope you are sleeping a bit better now. It sucks being so uncomfortable. Have you got one
    Of those body pillows? I sleep in the spare bedroom most of the time now with about 6 pillows haha. That's cute about your son. 2 year olds
    Are do much fun. They have a real little personality by then hey. Minus the attitude they get then though haha

Ange - how did your glucose test go today? Dont you just love the drink...NOT. what does it mean about 25th percentile? Mr dr never mentions anything like that?

Chicparis - sorry I think I wrote about the breech bubs to bebe but I meant you haha. Oops. Hope your cold
    Is better too. It's annoying getting sick when pregnant but seems to be common hey?

Claire - yay for finishing work in 6 weeks. I'm not sure how long I have left.

Bebe - yeah my baby loves to live under my ribs too. I just have to shove his feet back in when he decides to kick me. It's very uncomfortable hey haha.

I still think I have missed a couple. Not on purpose I promise lol.

Well I think my Braxton hicks are starting. Have had a few painful cramps today. To think its gonna be 100 times more painful with the real thing is freakin me out haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I find it really hard to do personals as I'm on my phone and can't go back and look at what everyone has said.

Gemini- the GT was ok. I didn't mind the drink at all, I drank it in 2 minutes! Lol. Toward the end of the 2 hours though, I was tired and headachey. When I got home, I slept for 90 minutes. Bub in 25th percentile means compared to babies at 25w4d, he is in the lower end of the scale for weight. if he reaches I think 3rd percentile, I will have to have a c section straight away, as it is a sign he isn't getting enough nutrients for growth. They also check the blood flow from the placenta to baby and from baby back out to make sure it's all flowing properly. If it ever goes wrong, again, I will have to deliver early.

Does anyone know if the GTT is meant to make you tired or not?

My baby is no where near my ribs. I feel him down really really low all the time. Always moving right near my previous caesareian (sp??) scar.

I'm thinking of not having a baby shower now. My sister said she'd help organize one but she is in the USA so it's really hard. I'm really wanting one, but don't want to organize it myself. Might just have lunch and get together with close friends and family to celebrate the birth before he actually gets here.

Sorry, can't remember name- so sorry to hear u have whooping cough. U must feel awful and u have it for 3 months!!! Have they given u medication for it? I know your meant to have meds but not sure what happens during pregnancy..?? Hoping you start feeling on the mend real soon. Make sure your taking it easy and if u r still working, STOP!!! You'll need time for your body to fight this and while pregnant, that'll be 100 times harder!!

Wow we are all almost into our 3 rd trimester!! I've only got 2 weeks till I'm in 3rd! So exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange - I think you should have a Baby shower if you want one. Mine last time was good, but not that great. I think I would prefer going out with some close friends or someone else had this thing (I can't remember the name of it) where all the people came with something to put in the freezer - a meal for after the baby is born. That would be good if you don't want any presents for the baby, otherwise a lunch would be good. I'd love to do that myself, but I don't have family here and all my friends are play group Mum's. All of them are pregnant or had their second babies in the last few months except the two who have been trying the longest. I feel bad for them and I would also feel funny celebrating my pregnancy when everyone else is also pregnant if you know what I mean. It would have been good to have a combined baby shower and buy for each other but if the other two were also pregnant. Maybe once they do, we can have a belated one!

Gemini - I actually have two pregnancy pillows - one long one and a large U shaped one from toys r us. DH and I also swapped our Queen bed for the two King singles in the spare room and have them joined together. That's because he always used to complain about me stealing the doona or waking him with my tossing and turning. I slept the whole night last night though! Just waking at 6 with the baby pressing on my bladder It's exciting that your BH have started! Last time I was induced, so it went from nothing to full on contractions for 12 hours! I'm looking forward to things starting off slowly and progressing gradually this time (hopefully).

Claire - not sure if I mentioned in my previous post, but I need to find a way of keeping one of the dogs in the boot part of our car. At the moment I have to strap him in with the seat belt in the second row of seats. He would sit on the drivers lap if he could - he's such a lap dog, but at 30kg it's a bit hard! I might have to set up one of the seats in the back row for him By the way, I just got your user name - Go Ask Claire. I never really understood it before now - just goes to show how switched on I am!! Yay for you finishing work soon!

Bebe - I think there might be some kind of yoga moves that you can do to help get the baby in a different position. I did 10 weeks of prenatal yoga last term, and I know there was, but I can't quite remember. Maybe you could googe "yoga" + "move baby's position" or something. If you do the cat pose on all four and arch your back up, that should help move the baby down??

Chicparis - don't feel too panicked about getting all the essentials. We didn't get the pram last time until DS was 5 days overdue! Although I've got a lot of things from last time, I still need to sort it all out - like find all the bassinet sheets that are SOMEWHERE in the linen cupboard, get all the pieces to the breast pump, put the bassinet on the pram, newborn clothes etc and if I can't find things, then I guess I need to replace them. But there's no use me thinking I already have things if I can't find them all...

Womble - you sound really organised which is great!! I'm so envious and wish I could be as motivated. I don't even have to worry about a nursery as DS is still in his and we will just move him when the baby goes in to it around 6 months - but I still can't get myself organised!

Anyway, that's as far back as I can go for now. Not much to report here, just been cleaning, cleaning and trying to entertain DS in between. I took him for a walk on his bike (with a handle) today and the two dogs in the rain! I didn't realise it was raining until we were about to go and then there was no getting out of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2Angus oh I loooove dogs, I have a fur baby and he's a very large pomeranian (9kgs). What breed are your dogs? I have my dog in a harness for the car as he would sit on my lap too if he could! Very dangerous. He didn't like the harness at first but I bribed him with a kong filled with treats with the first few rides and now he's totally fine. You can pick up a car harness from City Farmers or any pet shop. Worth a try? Glad you figured out my name lol... funny.

angenrod that's a shame about your baby shower. I think it's still a great idea to get together in some way with friends and family, and doing a brunch or lunch or even high tea somewhere would be a fabulous way to do that. This is definitely the time to celebrate such a blessing and something you have worked so hard for

AFM I've been awake since 3am this morning... I need to wake up the girls in half an hour for school (5.30am at the moment). Urrgghh... will be a long day at work again. Yesterday I was super tired and was hoping for a good night sleep, but actually - I feel less tired today although I'm sure it will creep up on me.

The girls mum is very unwell at the moment. She suffers from mental health problems, namely borderline personality disorder and psychotic episodes and bi-polar tendencies. My husband is away in Sydney for work and I don't like being at home on my own so vulnerable. My eldest step-daughter gets so upset when her mum is sick (understandably), so last night I had to console her for such a long time before bed. My youngest tends to roll with it so much easier, I guess she has never known any different as the illness started when she was nine months old. I'm slightly concerned that their mum will come over and make a scene during the night which is probably what has ruined my sleep. So hard, for everyone, for her, the kids and my husband and me. That's why we have the girls 100% of the time. She spends a lot of time in hospital and locked wards. I'll find out today if she is back in hospital - I tell you what though, I know she's so unwell and I feel for her, but it really makes my life so very complicated sometimes! The stuff we have to deal with is huge, she is very unstable.

Anyway - enough of my ranting, I really need to stop being such a worrier. I'm worrying about a huge range of things now that I'm pregnant. Imagine what I'll be like when the baby is born! I guess it's normal to be a worrier when your a mum and about to have a newborn for the first time?

Better go face the day - have a great one everyone
    Claire x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goaskclaire- omg we are in the same boat with the step kids situation. We however have had my husbands kids full time now for 5 years. Their mum is meant to have the kids every second weekend and half the school holidays BUT she hasn't had them during holidays since July last year, and actually come to think of it, she has probably on done half holidays 4 maybe 5 times in the past 5 years ( so 4 breaks a year x 5 years = 20 breaks... And yeah, she would have had them no more than 5 times). She also text DH the other day saying she ain't having the kids this weekend coz she is going to QLD!!! Like WTH??? So I'm left with them AGAIN!! I seriously NEVER get a darn break! And YES it drives me almost insane as well!!! I'm so angry right now, as im do tired of the "step kids" and would love nothing more for them to live with their mum so I didn't have to play mum to them... Grrrrrr
    Sorry for the rant... But I can understand where goaskclaire is coming from In her post above!!

Me n DH had a bit of a blue last night too. I feel like whenever I bring anything "baby" up, he doesn't want to talk about it. It's so hard as I have wanted this for soooooo long, and I feel alone to a degree. Then I have the stress of his parents too. They hate me to bits. That's ok with me, but I don't want his parents having ANYTHING to do with my baby. They have nothing (well nex to) to do with DH's kids but I know when baby comes along... They will want to see it etc. I also think DH dad has molested DH's kids so I'm sick to the stomach with worry as I don't wan his dad laying eyes on my baby... Oh I think I'm gonna have a nervous meltdown!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey angenrod it's nice (as nice as it could be I guess lol) to have someone else who is in the same position. We've had them full time for about five or six years too, although there was a period where she was well enough to have them week about for about nine months. The past year she has been her worst. She comes over to visit them usually once a week for afternoon tea at our place - when she's well. She tries to have them some weekends, but finds them hard to cope with. They are amazing kids and fairly easy if you ask me. My eldest has some serious emotional issues which we are taking her to see someone in a couple of weeks. It's a worry.

I know what you mean about wanting a break... I feel like that at times too. So close to the girls though, so I'm generally fine about it - but sometimes, a break would be nice! My husband's parents in live in New Zealand, so unfortunately they can't babysit, so my family helps out where they can, which is amazing.

I can also relate to husband not seeming to take an interest in bubs. I have raised this with him, and he says that he just doesn't show it like I do - but he is excited. He's quite reserved at times. I also think that men find a lot more joy out of a tangible living object rather than one living inside a womb which is hard to touch. I feel as though he is going to be super happy having a son to raise.

I hope you get some respite from the kids, maybe see if they can each have a sleepover one weekend with their friends?

Bebe In yoga we learnt if you sit cross legged on the edge a bolster or cusion so that your bum is higher than your legs and sit up very straight like you have a cord right up through to your head - that helps move baby around. Try it for 5-10 mins three times a day - I hope it works for you :-)

I'll try not to fall asleep at work today zzzz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Goaskclaire For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Claire - Our older dog (he turns 1 tomorrow ) is a Rhodesian Ridgeback x matiff and our new puppy who we got 3 weeks ago is a German Shepherd x Great Dane/mastiff. They're both rescue dogs and we got them both when they were around 3/4 months. Heidi, the German Shepherd x is really good in the back of the car and will just lie in the boot area, but the other one jumps into the back seat if we put him in the boot. We do have to strap him in with a harness, but he's just not going to fit with a baby seat and baby capsule in the second row.. That's really frustrating about your situation! I don't know how you do it. We've only got one SS left under 18 (he's 15), but we've only ever seen them on school holidays. But we actually haven't seen them since Christmas (when all 4 were here). That's because at Easter time we went to NZ for a family reunion (on my side) and we could have had SS here for a few days, but DH couldn't get any time off work. It just wasn't worth the hassle because their mother always makes such a drama every time we see them, especially since our DS was born! We buy them tickets and she will refuse to send them or change plans at the last minute...

Ange - I feel for you too with all your stepfamily issues. All the things I said above to Claire and I can't imagine not having a break from it all. I know DH would like to see them more, but it's difficult living 4 hours away and now that they are older, they always have something on. DH wasn't that excited when I was pregnant with DS (he was actually deployed overseas for the last 6 months). But he adores DS and in the beginning he took over a bit too much! He had 4 months off work too, so I couldn't wait to have DS to myself and didn't really get to bond with him until then

Well DS and I just baked a cake for our puppies 1st birthday tomorrow It's probably a bit over the top, but at least it's one more thing to occupy DS. I feel guilty that I don't sit down and do enough with him, but once I sit down I feel so tired. Oh and I think I'm going to start up my prenatal yoga again. I'm scared that I will forget everything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goaskclaire - Thanks for the yoga tips, I will give them a try next time he won't budge.
    Gee, I am so sad to read your situation with the S/kids. They'll be so grateful when they get older [if they aren't already] that they had you in their lives.

angenrod- I also have sympathy for you. I was gobsmacked to read about your thoughts on the molestaion. If you really think that's true, I'd be alerting the authorities and cutting ties. That's disgusting!!
    I hope you have a great support network to help you out, as it seems very unfair.

to everyone else.

I'm going to go back and try and find our Due Date page - anyone wanna have a guess as to the day they'll have bubs v's their due date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    9 - Womble - BOY
    11 - Jools
    11 - Gracefilled - TWIN BOYS [C-Section]
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan - GIRL
    22 - missbloggsy - GIRL

25 - Mum2Angus - SURPRISE
    31 - Gemini85 - SURPRISE

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    14 - Klong - SURPRISE
    15 - HamptonK - BOY
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41Hope - GIRL
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala - BOY
    29 - Angenrod - BOY
    29 - Kseds - SURPRISE
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch - SURPRISE

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire - BOY
    3 - Angelanathan
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]
    24 - babystepswa
    FOR THE GALS IN BLACK - ARE YOU HAVING A BOY, GIRL OR HAVING A SURPRISE ?????