Closed Thread
Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - finally on my computer and have heaps to catch up on!!

Gemini - Stella is on our list too! My two favourites are Stella & Hugo - but DH is not conviced. He likes Charlie for a girl too, but we have a really common surname so I don't want a really common first name. It is much harder for a girls name I agree. Funny, I prefer to stay away from the Top 10 names and yesterday when we went on a steam train ride, there were 4 Angus's in our carriage! Oh and regarding your milk - after the first 3 days when the milk really starts to come in they will be HUGE, but they usually go down a bit the more you feed and when the baby drinks less...

Bebe - yay for your babymoon!! Good to hear that you really enjoyed it and it's nice to do something before your life is changed forever

Ange - don't worry too much about being unprepared - I am too. There's not much too worry about as long as you've got somewhere for the baby to sleep and I don't think you need to worry too much about the hospital bag for a while. I packed mine last time at 30 weeks and kept eating the M&M's that were in there. DS was 2 weeks late anyway and I had so many visitors anyway, so I could get them to bring in anything else I need. I think I posted previously that I only have 4 wondersuits for the baby so far. I will dig out some 000 ones that DS had, but other than that, I plan on sending my Mum shopping! Don't feel too bad about not deciding on a name. We had 2 chosen, but neither of them suited, so DS had no name for 4 days!

Kseds - I've been seeing the movement from the outside too! Yesterday I could see the foot kicking out. Well I couldn't see the outline of the foot, but I knew where the foot was because the opposite side of my tummy was hard and I could feel a little hard bit there - could have been a knee too I guess. I definately need a carrier this time, especially because DS will not stay in a pram. I've read the warnings too and read about a case in WA (I think) where a baby passed away in one, but the person wearing the baby had a jumper over the top... So as long as the baby's face isn't covered, I think it's perfectly safe. That's why there's been warnings about the one's that you can carry on the back (eg. Ergo) but again, as long as they have head control by the time you put them there, they should be fine.

Klong - good luck for your move. It would be hard to unpack everything, although at the moment I think I would have a ball, because I really have the nesting urge with this baby - didn't have it at all last time... Hope the rest of your time at work goes quickly. Are you going on Maternity Leave or leaving for good. I left my job for good and although I really hated it, I would have happily gone back after DS turned about 9 months and was pulling out EVERYTHING all day

Claire - yay for the new car! My Mum has a Mazda 3 and it's great. We've got a 7 seater, but think we will need a bigger car still to fit two carseats, my Mum (who will be staying with us), our pram and 2 large dogs! No, it should be all good because the dogs go in the back, although our older dog (30kg) won't stay there and jumps in the back seat. Will be a tight fit for him when the capsule and car seat is in there - especially because our car (Captiva) is only 2 and a half seats across the back!

HamptonK - I got this sling off Ebay last time and it was miles too big, but DS loved it. This time I got the Caboo Close Carrier. You can do a few different positions including sling position or having them upright. It's kind of like the Hugabub, but you don't need to tie it up as it just slips on. I think I'm happy with it - I read heaps of reviews on different types. But then, one of the Mum's in our playgroup just had a baby and is using the baby bjorn. We have that too, but I think this one is better...

Yay for the upcoming baby showers! I had one last time and it was heaps of fun. I got lots of useful gifts too, which has lovely. I've had so much trouble sleeping lately and really wish I could just have a full nights sleep! It's so annoying because DS sleeps the whole night through and I can't even enjoy that or have a sleep in when he does (sometimes til 8 or even 9!).

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a good weekend. My little DS is really turning in to a 2 year old now! He's so cute and when I ask him if he wants something he either says "ok" or "no".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2Angus For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hia Gals!

We are so quiet in here...

I don't love going to baby showers, and did not really want one. But my MIL begged me, so I agreed. Now her and my bestie are organising together. They are have even been phoning one another and have planned shopping trip for supplies.

No doubt they'll have many games to embrass me. Is anyone else having games at their baby shower?

Gem -
    any news on your test results as yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebehalva I'm having games at my baby shower but my mum seems to have very different ideas of what game to pay lol.

Received a bill this week about keeping our embryos frozen another six months. It felt so strange to think about the ivf stuff again and realise that more than 6 months had already passed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having games at my baby shower!! I can't wait!

I'm having my gt test this Thursday. I'm nervous as they found a lot of keytones in my urine today... Don't really know what this means though??

Had scan today, everything looks ok. Baby is in 25 percentile, which makes me feel a bit nervous coz 2 weeks ago h was at 35th percentile...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

No news about my test results yet. Hopefully that means it came back ok. I have whooping cough at the moment so I'm feeling pretty cr@p. hope it goes away soon cause its so painful.

Will pop back on later and catch up with everyone. Need to have a nap again haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Not been in here for a while, been busy setting up my DH's new company, which isn't so great when your 33 weeks pregnant and constantly tired!!

Gemini - Hope you don't have GDM, it's a pain keeping your levels in check, but i'm not doing too bad with it.

Bebe - I'm with you on the baby showers, being from the UK we don't do that over there and just accept gifts after the baby is born, so I'm not having a shower. My personal opinion is that it's a bit rude to expect someone to buy gifts for you!!

Hampton - How many eggs do you have stored away?

AFM - Well now 33 weeks and had growth scan last week, which I thought was Ok but went to OB yesterday and the sonographer wants another scan next week due to, get this "baby being on the small side" clearly I'm doing a better job than I though with keeping the GDM in check as he's not growing much at all. May make for an easy birth though Nursery is now all done, just waiting for some Winnie Pooh Stickers to arrive and its all finished. Got all his clothes washed and ironed and put away, just now need to wait for the grand arrival

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay glucose test came back normal. I missed out on my appt today as I had to cancel cause of this whooping cough. Bummer cause I wanted to see bub again, but I'd hate to infect other pregnant ladies if I went in and spread it.

I'm so over this cough though. It really hurts now. Haven't slept much at all this week. Pretty much living in a hot shower cause thats the only thing that stops the coughing. Grrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, haven't posted here in a very long time but have been keeping up with everyone.

gemini, glad the test results came back ok, one thing less to worry about...And I sympathise with the coughing as i've got a bad cold for the last few days which started with a sore throat and I couldn't sleep! Still not sleeping well at the moment, stuffy nose, coughing and heartburn are just not a great combination... Hope you get better soon.

Womble, I'm sure bubs is fine but yes, it seems you are doing a great job controlling your GD! As you said, easier to push out, right?

Angenrod, I'm sure your bubs is fine too, if they said it all looks ok then there's nothing to be nervous about.

Hampton, it does feel strange thinking back about the IVF and the fact that there are embies waiting in the freezer, it feels like a lifetime ago!

I know I missed out on so many of you, but I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the last stretch!

AFM, I had a growth scan yesterday (29w3d) and all looks good. We couldn't get a 3d picture of our bubs as it had its feet in its face it was so cute and funny! But we were glad to get another look inside. Bubs is breeched at the moment so need to keep an eye on that but otherwise all looking good.
    I finally bought a few essentials in neutral colours, so bubs won't go naked when it gets here! still have so much to get though... We are going to decide on a pram this week hopefully and a car seat, and we are getting a crib and bathtub from my sister but still need to get a new mattress and sheets etc...
    just under 11 wks to go so hopefully that will be plenty of time to sort myself out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Womble0808 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Not been in here for a while, been busy setting up my DH's new company, which isn't so great when your 33 weeks pregnant and constantly tired!!

Gemini - Hope you don't have GDM, it's a pain keeping your levels in check, but i'm not doing too bad with it.

Bebe - I'm with you on the baby showers, being from the UK we don't do that over there and just accept gifts after the baby is born, so I'm not having a shower. My personal opinion is that it's a bit rude to expect someone to buy gifts for you!!

Hampton - How many eggs do you have stored away?

AFM - Well now 33 weeks and had growth scan last week, which I thought was Ok but went to OB yesterday and the sonographer wants another scan next week due to, get this "baby being on the small side" clearly I'm doing a better job than I though with keeping the GDM in check as he's not growing much at all. May make for an easy birth though Nursery is now all done, just waiting for some Winnie Pooh Stickers to arrive and its all finished. Got all his clothes washed and ironed and put away, just now need to wait for the grand arrival
    Glad your GD is under control thats a relief for you.

As for the Baby Shower it's not rude - it's a way to have a big girlie catch-up with all of your friends and celebrate your first baby [you don't do it each time] and your friends bring along a little gift ahead of the birth instead of after.... what's the harm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Yay glucose test came back normal. I missed out on my appt today as I had to cancel cause of this whooping cough. Bummer cause I wanted to see bub again, but I'd hate to infect other pregnant ladies if I went in and spread it.

I'm so over this cough though. It really hurts now. Haven't slept much at all this week. Pretty much living in a hot shower cause thats the only thing that stops the coughing. Grrr.
    YEEEAAAHHHH for a pass. You had enough drama in the beginning, so you deserve it now.

How selfless of you not to go - very sweet. What does your OB say about the whopping cough for bubs and how long does it last?

Quote Originally Posted by chicparis View Post
    Hi everyone, haven't posted here in a very long time but have been keeping up with everyone.

gemini, glad the test results came back ok, one thing less to worry about...And I sympathise with the coughing as i've got a bad cold for the last few days which started with a sore throat and I couldn't sleep! Still not sleeping well at the moment, stuffy nose, coughing and heartburn are just not a great combination... Hope you get better soon.

Womble, I'm sure bubs is fine but yes, it seems you are doing a great job controlling your GD! As you said, easier to push out, right?

Angenrod, I'm sure your bubs is fine too, if they said it all looks ok then there's nothing to be nervous about.

Hampton, it does feel strange thinking back about the IVF and the fact that there are embies waiting in the freezer, it feels like a lifetime ago!

I know I missed out on so many of you, but I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the last stretch!

AFM, I had a growth scan yesterday (29w3d) and all looks good. We couldn't get a 3d picture of our bubs as it had its feet in its face it was so cute and funny! But we were glad to get another look inside. Bubs is breeched at the moment so need to keep an eye on that but otherwise all looking good.
    I finally bought a few essentials in neutral colours, so bubs won't go naked when it gets here! still have so much to get though... We are going to decide on a pram this week hopefully and a car seat, and we are getting a crib and bathtub from my sister but still need to get a new mattress and sheets etc...
    just under 11 wks to go so hopefully that will be plenty of time to sort myself out!
    What a bummer about the 3D photo, but you'll get to see the real thing in just a short while. Is the growth scan a 'standard' scan [I have no clue what scans are next]

AFM - Just suffering from a baby who wants to live under my ribs - anyone have any ideas on how to stop that or relieve the pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Kseds in relation to your worries about using slings, as long as you read the safety warnings, it is fine - make sure you have the correct size for you and always monitor your babe. The cases where a baby has died in a sling has been due to the baby not being in the correct position (neck to chest) and not getting enough air (one lady had a top and jumper over the sling!) If you're not comfortable though, don't do it :-) Baby bjorn carriers are probably more for you.

Mum2Angus my husband has the 7 seater Captiva - how funny! It's a work car for him though, but will be handy for weekends when we have everyone in the car. I also haven't been sleeping soundly. Either baby wakes me with his moving and kicking or my bladder wakes me or I just get uncomfortable. I'm exhausted today!

bebehvala we are having games at my baby shower - not totally confirmed, but guess the measurement of my belly and I can't remember what else - I'll let you know ;-)

Gemini85 glad to hear your results came back normal - and not so great to hear you have whooping cough, how horrible!! I hope you are recovering and getting lots of rest :-)

Womble0808 you could always have a baby shower to celebrate the arrival of your baby boy and not ask for gifts.

Personally I'm so excited about my babyshower. There's a very cool website with lots of little gorgeous things to make it really fun: http://www.thebabyshowershop.com.au/...c/Home-d20.htm I'm going to send invitations out in the next couple of weeks for end of July. I think baby showers are an awesome way to get your girlfriends together to celebrate the long awaited arrival of our new baby. After all the years of trying, and IVF treatments, this seems like an even more special, momentous event and I wouldn't want to deprive my friends and family of wanting to celebrate this because they so extremely happy for me.

chicparis my bubs is also breach at the moment, I told him he can stay like that for a while longer but needs to turn eventually!! It's cute though because I feel his head in my right side most of the day so I get to give him lots of pats.

AFM I have my GT test in a couple of weeks and after everyone's comments, I'm not looking forward to it! I also have to have my Anti-D shot the same day, which is no problem, easy peasy after so much jabbing with IVF.

I've been thoroughly enjoying my Wednesday's off, but I haven't been relaxing as much as I had originally planned. Next Wednesday is fairly busy too - but from then on until I finish work I've planned to do nothing and just stay in my pj's all day and relax, watch movies, read, sleep, eat. Six weeks to go till end of work yay!!!! So tired today! zzzzz

Have a great day all - speak soon :-)
    xx