Closed Thread
Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe - Glad everything is OK with you and hope you can get plenty of rest

Gotfu - OMG, what a ****!! it would be bad enough leaving after so many years, but when your preggers, not on. Hope you have lots of support around you, sending heaps of

AFM - Had the glucose test on friday and have to go back tomorrow as my levels were quite high (not really a shock as my diet is shocking!!) Hopefully things will be OK, but it has certainly given me a push to eat better

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angenrod View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have the "swallow Beema Q" stroller? I think I like the sound of this one and was wondering if anyone has any feedback?

Found out today I also have a low lying placenta, otherwise, dr happy with the 20 week scan!
    *Lurker Alert*

Angelrod, I have a similar pram, Beema Q Evo. I love it, works very well for us and bub (9mths) seems quite content in it. Is easy to manouver through doors when you have to open them yourself and having only the 3 wheels makes switching direction etc easy. It is a bit heavier than some but I got used to it fairly quickly. If u want to ask any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4asticky1 For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that response regarding the pram. Good to know. I have a lady from Gumtree coming to my place as I responded to her add for selling one. I'm pretty excited! Ahhh the little things 😄.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after feeling like I never get a chance to post I'm now hospitalized with strict bed rest so at least I get a chance to respond!

Womble - good luck with your GD test. I had it last preg & have been on insulin since 12 weeks this time - I manage it partially with diet. But being needle phobic I wouldn't wish 4x daily blood tests & injections on anyone!

Qotfu - wtf???? How insane are the curve balls that life throw us - as if dealing with IVF & infertility wasn't enough of a character development on its own - I hope you have some close help to get you through this tough time - my heart goes out to you honey xxx

Bebehvala - good luck with your bed rest & hope that cheeky low lying placenta starts to behave itself - at least until hubby gets home again! So tough to deal with scares like that on your own - big hugs!

Agenrod - there's a bit if a low lying placenta theme going on this thread - at least you have lots of other ladies who
    Know exactly what you are facing. Glad your scan results are all good / it's such a relief to get past that hurdle. Sorry cant give you any feedback on the pram....

Goaskclaire - Congratulations on joining the 'boys' club :-)))). You've been one busy girl - glad your pre baby shower was good - its nice to finally celebrate your journey like a 'normal' person. we have the oricom 200 & have found its noise sensitive great (better than angel are) but decided we didn't need the video & 14 months down the track haven't missed it. We had a strider for our first & are currently buying a double city select for the twins after I bought a city mini for dd once she got a bit older. They seem pretty good with all the bits you need!

Gemini - how gorgeous - your baby shots are great! Our 24 week shots consist of heads hidden by elbows, knees & bottoms..

Klong - I still find birthing videos slightly disturbing but then again I'm squeamish at the best of times - even after one bub arriving! The great thing to remember is that you will do brilliantly & go in to forget the details not too long after to feel like you can go through it all again :-))))

Kseds - hope you are feeling ok & the blues are shifting a bit - its a tough time physically hormonally & emotionally & really helps when you have people around you who understand that - big hugs xxx

AFM - well us really - we had our 24 weeks scan yesterday & the boys are doing really well although we couldn't get any head shots without the others bum or knees in the way. Unfortunate my cervix had now halved in length and is below the all critical 15mm the like to see. Hence I've been admitted to hospital for at least a week of strict bed rest only (toilet breaks only) & starting steroids just incase I am going into early labour. It's my first night away from my daughter - not exactly how i planned it - and DF is now on single parent duties. Thank god he has been looking after her one day a week & has some idea of what needs to be done! Hopefully I'll be home in a week but will still be on bed rest & with no family nearby not sure how we will manage - but we will :-). Other alternative of 12 weeks in hospital or babies at 25 weeks is obviously less enticing. Will keep you posted from the bedside!

Hope everyone is doing well

x Grace
    Last edited by gracefilled; 20-04-2012 at 03:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals,

Thanks everyone of your kind words, no more bleeding from me, so very relieved. I've avoided [most] lifting, but being at home alone it's hard. Had to take bins out and do grocery and stuff... but people do this low placenta thing all of the time right...

gracefilled - WOW, you're in tough position there. Sounds like you have a great attitude to get through it. Sometimes it's how we are mentally that gets us through and not the actual 'doing'. I don't wish 12 weeks of hospital on anyone - esp a Mummy with a baby at home. DH spent months in hospital and it did our heads in.. so stay in bed and rest up lovely.

Womble - How did your second test results go?

Goaskclaire - What wonderful friends you have. Any excuse to get together with great friends is a good one IMO - but when we have special babies growing it's even lovelier!!

qotfu - WTH??? Your world must be just upside down at the moment, as the other gals have said I really hope your family and friends have rallied around you at this time. 18 yrs, a child and on the way are just too much to give up on... maybe hubby is just scared or something [no excuse I know]. Have you been able to get to the bottom of what his thoughts are??

AFM - Almost 23 weeks, no more bleeding and bubs is kicking more and more now. DH is home in a week - so I am hopping this week goes so fast and I can have cuddles.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 20-04-2012 at 20:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Gracefilled:- not good to hear that u are on complete bed rest and away from your daughter.... Thinking of u but at least u know it's the best for ur little boys.

Bebe: good to hear that there is no more bleeding and u can be a little more at rest.

Sorry on iPad so can go back and double check names and do more personals

We just had our 27 week scan and were spun out about how clear it was and how much it looks like a little person now. ImageUploadedByBub Hub1335006713.870099.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Bebe - Glad you are feeling better and I know what its like with DH being awayall the time, you have no option but to do the day to day things!

Belinda - That's a really clear picture, are you having a boy or girl, orwaiting for the surprise? We are having our 3D scan around 4th May whenDH gets back from his next swing and I will be nearly 31 weeks, can't wait tosee our little man again.

Gracefilled - Good luck with the bed rest, how are you going with it? I wouldbe going stir crazy (even for just one week) especially when you know you areneeded at home. Stay sane!!

AFM - Glucose test was not good, still had really high levels and now haveGestational Diabetes. I have an appointment next week for DiabetesEducation and will find out how much of the foods I currently eat have to go(according to my OB it's practically everything i'm eating and loving now, sothis is gonna have to be a huge change in diet!) It's all for a goodcause though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Thanks everyone for the support. It's hugely appreciated on this end

qotfu
    - Wow. That really sucks. I wish I knew what to say. :-( Infertility and the strain that put on a relationship caused the break-up of one couple I know........but after finally getting there, when it is successful and you're halfway through the pregnancy???? That's just..........well, a lot of things. Strange, unusual, very very sad and just plain mean!!! With everything else going on, I hope you have someone (family, friend) who can help you out and make sure you get some time/space to take care of yourself.

goaskclaire
    - congrats on your little BLue bundle...how exciting!!! Boys are wonderful!! And you're right, you can get some gorgeous boys clothes!!g

klong
    - I was having the birth video conversation with a friend of mine yesterday (who told me she and her partner have decided to TTC..). I really thought I wouldn't want to watch one, but DH talked me into it, and I was so glad that I did. It looked like such a beautiful, powerful, empowering experience - so much so, after that I was almost actually looking forward to it!!!
    I think also because it helped remove some of the "fear of the unknown" - which is especially helpful!!

bebehvala -
    So glad to hear everything is alright now. I hate scares.....they're so..........well, scary. But at least, I suppose, they are only that. Still, make sure you rest up and take care of yourself!!

gemini - what gorgeous photos!!! I love the 4d scans <3 <3

gracefilled
    - another one who needs to make sure they take care of themselves!!! My sister went into early labour with her DS at 29 weeks and had to be hospitalised until he was born at 36 weeks. She totally hated it. Anything you can do to avoid that is probably a good idea!!! LOL. And don't worry about your little girl - you'd be surprised how people can step up and actually do a more than half-decent job when you're not there to do it.
    With DS I did everything myself all the time because I thought DH was incapable, but it turns out that me not letting him do anything was making him incapable. Sometimes the control freak in you has to step back and let someone else step up...!!!!

AFM - well, not much to update on. Getting more regular movement, but still not a lot and not very prominent (damn you posterior placenta!!!).

DH and I are split on whether we are team blue or team pink. I think it's another blue, but he says it will be pink. Either way, one of us will be right, I suppose!!

Maternity leave booked in to start as of July 23rd....so only 13 weeks left to go (not that I'm counting or anything....!!)
    As a bit of a sport lover, I was extremely happy to discover that I start Mat leave 4 days before the start of the London Olympics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are all enjoying your Anzac Day!

All quiet here from my hospital bed 😄. Had another scan yesterday & cervix is still closed but a little shorter. Obstetrician visited this morning & the upshot is that I'm here on my back for a while yet but as there are no sign of imminent labour so we have at least a couple of weeks up our sleeve before these boys try & make an appearance.

Now it's just a case of incubating, counting the days off & trying to get past those 28, 30, 32 week hurdles!!!

25+5 weeks today 🎉
    Last edited by gracefilled; 25-04-2012 at 14:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all enjoying the public holiday

Had another 3d scan on Monday and got to see our little man again, he has his daddy's nose for definate

attached a picture, and he's definately a thinker and on the phone, just like Dad!!

WENDY SIMPSON_0010.jpg