Closed Thread
Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini85 - So cute, bubba looks all happy and content snuggled up in there. Wish I could see baby scans every day to see how bubba is changing.

Bebehvala - I thought my bub was doing an Irish jig the other day. He/she was having a good old dance around in there and it wasn't a very pleasant feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has given thought to baby monitors and prams. I'm thinking of purchasing the Oricom Secure 610 premium digital baby monitor. With the pram I'm looking at the Baby Jogger City Select.

If anyone has any feedback it would me much appreciated :-)

Gemini- love the photo, what a gorgeous babe!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaskclaire View Post
    Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has given thought to baby monitors and prams. I'm thinking of purchasing the Oricom Secure 610 premium digital baby monitor. With the pram I'm looking at the Baby Jogger City Select.

We have both bbl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goaskclaire - We haven't bought a baby monitor yet but we're thinking about getting one that does sound and image so we can see baby too. We have bought the black Baby Jogger City Select pram because it looked the most sturdiest in the shop. My husband is a big body builder type and he gave it a good shake and said that it felt like the least flimsiest out of all of them so that's the one we went with! Don't know how it'll stack up yet because we bought all of our main things on 12 week layby at Mothercare so don't have them at home yet. It seems to get good reviews and I spoke to a lady in the shop who had her baby in one at the time we were buying ours. She said it was a great pram and so easy to use. She didn't have any complaints with it so that was good enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaskclaire View Post
    Hi All

We want a baby monitor with sound and video - but I am secretly hoping to get one at my Baby Shower

AFM - I just got home from the hospital, I had bright red blood today and when I rang the hospital to check what I should do they said come straight in for observation. Baby's heart beat took 5 mins to find - I almost had a heart attack whilst waiting to hear that sound. They are not sure what's wrong, they think it's my low lying placenta and I have to see my OB at his office in the am to check it all out. I WAS SCARED and of course ALONE while DH is overseas. Man this pregnancy stuff is tricky...

Last edited by bebehvala; 12-04-2012 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe - Sorry that you had such a rough day. I would have been a mess without DH. I hope everything gets sorted tomorrow and you have no more bleeding.

Goaskclaire - We got the City Elite sent over from America. I ordered it last week and it arrived yesterday. We got the 2012 pram, travel baby, belly bar and glider for $700 (including shipping). My sister got the City Select sent over last year and she loves that pram. Her kids were both born 10 pound 8. Her 2 year old is in size 4 clothes. If they can fit in that pram comfortably it must be good.

Let me know if you want the details for the store in America if you were interested in getting the pram shipped.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvala - Oh you poor thing. I hope everything will be ok. It seems to be one thing after another with pregnancy doesn't it? I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. No point trying to tell you to take it easy and get a good sleep tonight because I know you must be worried sick but I'll be thinking about you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebehvala- I hope everything is ok and that your Ob will keep you closely monitored. How scary for you, I'm so sorry your alone through this as well. Do u have any good friends or family near by that can be with you? Fingers x that the placenta behaves itself and doesn't give you or bubs anymore grief. Take care hun xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe - im so sorry you were alone through all that. It would be so scary. Im sure everything is fine though. Maybe all that kicking the baby was doing just irritated your placenta and cervix. Hope all goes well this morning. Keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smootch - not sure what happened but I didn't understand your reply. Unless BBL is acronym for something?

Klong - thanks for the feedback re. pram, DH and I are having a look tomorrow, he's also very athletic so I'm sure he wants sturdy too. I know Oricom do a very good video baby monitor - check it out on eBay once you have decided on one. They are quite a bit cheaper.

Bebehvala - I hope you do get a monitor for your baby shower. I should think of that, I've bought almost everything and no-one will have anything to buy me! I hope you are doing ok today. I can only imagine what you are going through. Pregnancy can be so stressful. Low lying placenta makes sense and can cause bleeding, so lets hope it's just that. I hope you have other support while your husband is away. Please let us know how you are going :-)

Salgan - thanks for the heads up on purchasing the pram from America. I think you mentioned this in an earlier post, so that is what we will do once we've decided on make/model. I found them on e-Bay and Amazon, Amazon was slightly cheaper on the shipping so might go with them. Can't believe how much saving we get by purchasing from America - love that!! We get so ripped off in Australia.

AFM - I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on bubs already and yesterday I popped on the Ralph Lauren site in America and purchased the most adoreable baby boy clothes. I need to stop now as I will have to be changing bubs every few hours just to get through all the gorgeous clothes! lol...

Bubs has been kicking heaps more lately, he is one active little boy. I even wake in the night to him kicking me. It's very reassuring but sometimes it hurts. I don't mind :-)

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned. I'm having a celebratory afternoon tea at my place this Sunday to celebrate my birthday and my son. Lovely :-)