Closed Thread
Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaskclaire View Post
    Klong, so so happy to hear all is well :-)

I hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend and getting much needed rest. I've enjoyed it so much as hate that it is nearly over! I have tomorrow off though for my morphology scan. I'm so excited!! If it is a girl, I have a heap of outfits to buy which I have had my eye on - so gorgeous. And if it's a boy (which I think it is) there are some cute things for him too but I really don't mind, I'm just excited to know and connect with baby on that level.

A question, has anyone had any colostrum leak from their boobs yet? I've had a very small amount come out and it surprised me so much being so early. The ever reliable ;-) Dr Google said its perfectly normal. Wow!
    Yup me! I've been wearing pads in my bra as it leaves this yucky yellow marks.

My OB said it's normal and a great sign for breastfeeding - shame about having to wear pads top and bottom now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Hope you had a great easter!!!
    Apologies for being AWOL for so long....things have been so crazy and busy and I couldn't believe how much time has passed since I was last in here...!!! It didn't feel like that long!!!

klong - soooo glad to hear that everything is ok. It can be scary. I had a similar experience with DS when I was 14 weeks....it scared the hell out of me!!! Also glad to hear you stayed strong with your decision not to find out the sex =)

Gemini - I can't believe we're all hitting the halfway mark either!! I'm really trying to relax and enjoy every moment of it this time (instead of impatiently wishing it away like the first time around)...and instead it just seems to be going faster and faster!! Enjoy your kicks....they're so special, aren't they?? I love it when it gets to the point later on where you can physically see them rolling around in your belly....
    And yes, pillow-support is FANTASTIC!!! Also finding I'm having to wear my bra to bed now because my bbs are that sore and heavy now....!!!

goaskclaire - I started leaking colostrum with DS at about 23-24 weeks, from memory. It was totally freaky, especially because no-one else that I asked had experienced anything like that. I think it's a very good sign that you shouldn't have any problems with milk supply/breastfeeding....I certainly didn't!!! My problem was that I had TOO much and it took a few weeks to settle down.

bebehvala
    - congrats on expecting a BOY!! How exciting!!! I bet it all feels a little more real now. Have you settled on a name yet?? (don't worry, I'm not asking what it is!!)

smootch - sorry to hear you are still feeling sick....I can't imagine what it would be like to still be feeling sick at this stage. And congrats on staying strong at your morph scan....it's so hard to say "no" when they ask "Do you want to know?"...

41Hope -
    glad to hear you are ok! Congrats on your little pink bundle-to-come!!!

AFM - had our Morph scan this morning. Feeling fantastic as everything looks well - Baby is healthy and everything seems to be where it should be and measuring what it should be...!! Was the toughest moment of my life to say "no" when she asked if we wanted to know the sex. I really really wanted to say 'yes'.

I'm convinced I'm having another boy, but DH, Mum and my sister all think it's a girl this time. Anyway....

I'm just happy that it's healthy - I've been really worried lately - about 2 weeks ago I was having really bad stomach cramps, and for the past week I've been worried because even though I've been feeling movement since 14 weeks, I haven't been feeling much at all lately. Turns out my placenta is posterior now (is it possible that it has shifted??? I'm sure it was anterior at the NT scan...???) so that explains a lot of it.

Also been struggling with the blues a little bit. My Mum and DH have been concerned that I might have antenatal depression. I think it's possible....I really haven't been myself lately....I've been quiet and moody and upset and sometimes just an outright *****.

All these little issues just seemed to be piling up and combining....stupid little things that wouldn't normally worry me, or at least, not very much or for very long. It's hard to explain. Probably also explains my absence from here for a little while. I think I just felt like shutting everything and everyone out...I was absent from facebook etc too. Being back here and talking about it, I think perhaps I might be over the worst of it, or at least, ready to deal with it and move on.

So that's about it for me. Glad to hear everyone is doing well (despite a few scares here and there....which are NOT fun for anyone....).

Much love to you all =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope you had a great Easter break. It sucks to be back at work today. Why does it always go so fast?!!

kseds & goaskclaire - Wow, I didn't realise that you could leak at this stage. Pregnancy is such a messy business isn't it?!! At least you should both be bursting with lots of yummy milk for your bubs when the time comes!

kseds - Well done for the morph scan and for being strong enough to not find out. I bet you'll be like me and scanning the photos to see if you can guess though! The main thing is the bub is healthy and normal which is all we can really hope for.

AFM - I watched a birth video on youtube with my DH the other day and I wanted to cry. I can't believe the whole thing, it's so scary! Most of the women on there look so much braver than me and I can't believe I will be in their position in 4 months time!! Scary!! The scariest thing about it all I think is that once it starts, there's nothing you can do to stop it! You have to just keep going until it's all over no matter how much it hurts. I hope my bubba is kind to me on the way out and comes out gently!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebehvala and Kseds - glad to know it's not just me. Great to know it means lots of milk supply though, awesome!!

Kseds - I hope you are going easy on yourself. We are going through a very emotional and hormonal time and it's only natural that it can be tough. I found the first few months very difficult emotionally and at times I am still finding it tough. I find that pregnancy really brings out a lot of fear and anxiety that just weren't there before, exacerbated by pregnancy hormones. I find that time out (like you said) and reading helps me. I hope you feel better soon.

klong - I know what you mean about the birth video's on youtube! I find it helps to do pregnancy yoga. It really has helped me to find out what my body is capable of. Also I'm looking into Hypnobirthing which is great for focusing the mind and letting go of fear during the birth.

AFM - I had my morph scan today and I'm very proud and hugely excited to announce we are having a BOY!! I really felt it was and it is. Baby boy is looking fantastic according to the scan, very healthy. After the scan I went and splurged on the most gorgeous boy clothes. I know they aren't as "cute" as girl clothes, but I've done really well I think :-).

I'm absolutely beaming, so happy. I've made up the cot tonight and picked out some curtains today. It's all coming together and I'm beginning to feel very prepared, well the nursery anyway ;-)

Have a great night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry no personals. I'm as sick as a dog with a cold. Can hardly breath 😞.

I had morph scan today and all looks good. The amniotic fluid still small but adequate. Was great to hear good news. Mr was being very uncooperative though and the scan took an hour!!! I didn't mind though.

Glad all scans are going well for everyone. Love reading about you all.

Take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    9 - Womble - BOY
    11 - Jools
    11 - Gracefilled - TWIN BOYS [C-Section]
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan - GIRL
    22 - missbloggsy - GIRL

25 - Mum2Angus - SURPRISE
    31 - Gemini85 - SURPRISE

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    14 - Klong - SURPRISE
    15 - HamptonK - BOY
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41Hope - GIRL
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala - BOY
    29 - Angenrod - BOY
    29 - Kseds - SURPRISE
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch - SURPRISE

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire - BOY
    3 - Angelanathan
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]
    24 - babystepswa

Scans and Appointments
    Kseds - Morph Scan - 12 April

FOR THE GALS IN BLACK - ARE YOU HAVING A BOY, GIRL OR HAVING A SURPRISE?
    Last edited by bebehvala; 10-04-2012 at 23:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    angered - You've come such a long way. I am so glad everything is looking great for you and your little man .

Goaskclaire - Congrats on joining team blue . And WOWEEEE you're super organised on the nursery front!! I've done zip.

klong - Watch the show 'One born every minute', you'll see loads of different ways people birth. Some quickly & quietly.

Kseds - Sorry you've had the blues. It's nice your Mum and DH have been concerned and have brought it to your attention. Perhaps it's worth a mention to your Ob/Midwife? I know there is a survey they can do which gives them an indiction of how you feel. As a person who suffers anxiety, often admitting and talking about how you feel is a HUGE help. xx

Big wave to everyone else.

AFM - I'm still counting down the days till DH returns and EATING. I can't stop and I am eating really bad foods. Is anyone else doing this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebhvala - I also have a huge appetite at the moment! Even when I've just eaten I want to eat again. So gross! Luckily I am eating lots of fruit and not crap but it is still too much food so know how you feel!

kseds - Hope you are starting to feel happier. It's good that you can talk about how you've been feeling and have recognised the signs that you might have the baby blues. Don't worry about being a b***h as I have also been ranting for no reason even when I know I'm being crazy and unreasonable! Blame your hormones! Hopefully you will come out the other side and there won't be any lasting effects. Don't give yourself a hard time about it.

Goaskclaire - Congrats on your little man! So exciting that you can actually go out and know which colour clothes to buy! You are very organised with the nursery!

angenrod - Glad the scan went well and everything's looking good for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Here's the latest shot. Taken today at 24 weeks. Looking like a real little person now. Getting fatter
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Gem, what a difference I few weeks makes. He/she looks plump and as you say, like a cutie baby now [unlike my Alien like photos..]

My little man has been kicking me in the guts for over an hour and I am NOT enjoying it. It's starting to hurt and I have to say I'm over it. Funny just a few weeks ago I was desperate to feel something...