Closed Thread
Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    41hope - Sounds like you've been having a tough time. Glad your bp has gone down and that bubs is doing ok.

chicparis - Wow that is so weird that Hamptonk was only just talking about the double kidney thing days before you found out. At least it can put your mind at rest that people can live perfectly ok with double kidneys and that your bubs will be ok. I must admit I'd never heard of it either but good to know that it will all be ok.

AFM - Had my scan today and everything was great. First time I've seen bub since 6 weeks so it was amazing how everything had changed. The baby was moving around and literally bouncing up and down off the sides. My DH couldn't believe that it was moving so much and yet I was not feeling all of the movement! We held hands the whole time and everytime the Dr said 'yes that's normal' we squeezed a little tighter. I cried of course like the big wuss I am but I'm so happy that it's going ok after losing 3 bubs and 3 long years of heartbreak after heartbreak. Can't believe how much I already love this little one! We didn't find out the sex but the Dr was literally bursting to tell us and couldn't believe we didn't want to know. At one point I got really scared he was just going to blurt it out. I have a feeling it may be a boy but you just couldn't tell from the photos and videos that they gave us. Believe me, I have watched the videos about a million times already and I can't see anything down there that would let me know either way! So happy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Word of warning ladies, if you're ironing and have a bump then keep your bump covered. I was ironing a top in my underwear this morning and burned my bump with the edge of the iron. It was so sore and I had to hold an ice pack against it for ages to stop the burning feeling. I now have a great big burn mark on my bump and it looks so awful. I have put Sudocream on it and I am keeping it well moisturised but still gonna have a scar I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's terrible Klong. Maybe it's time for hubby to be doing the ironing 😊
    Hope your feeling better today and the pain is no longer today xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong - sounds like you had a beautiful scan, so happy for you!

It's true what you say about the iron, although I've found it with hot trays coming out of the oven. Don't ask me how I managed to burn my tummy twice (but not as badly as you by the sounds) or why I was wearing underwear in the kitchen.... lets just say it's been hot in Perth lol... I also find it's hard to do the dishes with the big bump in front, I have to hunch over and I get a saw back. The bump is a hazard, but a welcome one :-) I hope your tummy feels better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Would love to join this thread Been MIA for a while as I have DH's Dad out on hols and my Mum has just arrived on her permanent visa, so things have been a bit crazy around here lately.

Nice to see some familiar names in here from our October IVF and I hope you are all doing well

I am now 25 weeks and loving every minute of being pregnant, just have another 3 months to wait to meet our little man

Thanks
    Reviews
    The bump has a nice dark brown mark now to the right hand side so looks gross. I should stop doing chores in underwear and then I'd be ok I suppose!

GoaskClaire - I know what you mean about Perth being hot. I thought we were meant to be getting a little rain this week but can't see it myself. Can't be bothered with the garden anymore and wish we could just have a bit of rain so the plants would come back to life!

Womble0808 - Welcome back, glad things are progressing nicely for you.

Angenrod - I will have to carry on doing my ironing unfortunately as we split all our chores! My DH is very good and does the washing up, cleaning and his own ironing and I do the cooking and my own ironing so I'm quite spoilt really! He's a good one bless him. I will just wear clothes when ironing from now on!!

AFM - Everone who has seen the scan thinks it's a boy but I really have no idea why as I can't see any dangly bits at all! We went to Mothercare on Saturday and put all the big stuff on layby for 12 weeks so I have ordered the Baby Jogger City Select pram with baby bassinet, Tasman Eco cot and matching 6-drawer chest of drawers, car seat (birth - 4 years) and mattress for cot. Feels real now that we have ordered everything. We're going to leave the smaller pieces until closer the time so it's not clogging up the house.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

Womble0808  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. For some reason my computer isn't going in to bubhub at the moment, so I'll have to post on my phone. Makes it so hard to do personals, so I'll have to do most later when I figure out how to fix it.

Klong - what colour did you get? We have the city select too in diamond. I wish we got red though - I'm a bit sick of the colour (after 2 years). There is a store on eBay that make covers for the city select, just type it in the search. They make this beautiful girls one, but we need to wait until the baby comes to find out what it is.

As for the bump - I have this t shirt that I got from Big W last time I was pregnant with a picture of Mr Bump and the words Mind the Bump under it :-) I should get it out soon.

Anyway, I can't remember much else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Half way now, 20 weeks today getting more exited now, feel like im on the homeward stretch now instead of the worry stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Hampton. Its great once you hit the half way mark. It goes fast from then on!

Well I'm finally starting to feel kicks on the outside. Only ever now and then though. And DH has finally felt one. He is getting worried that the baby doesnt want to know him, cause everytime he puts his hands on my belly he cant feel it. Poor thing. I feel bad.

How is everyone else going? Anyone else finding it uncomfortable to sleep yet? I have to use a pillow under my belly now. So exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2angus - I got the black one as I figured it wouldn't get so dirty and would sut a boy or girl, plus it goes with any outfit!! Joking!! I will check out the covers though because might be nice to change them around every now and again.

Gemini85 - I have also been sleeping with a pillow which is making it easier on my back. I have been woken up twice in the night now with the worst leg cramp ever. Never had it before and it scared the life out of me. Felt as if my calf muscle had ripped in two. My DH is also sad that he hasn't felt anything yet. I had my hands on my bump the other night and I could feel it moving but as soon as he out his hands on the bump, it stopped! Tell your DH not to worry!

Hamptonk - It's great to finally be at the half way mark isn't it? I got there on Tuesday so very happy. Went for an OB appointment today, all very normal and nothing exciting to report. Blood pressure fine, urine fine, heartbeat fine and weight gain fine so looking good at the moment. I have another one booked for 4 weeks time on Friday 27th April so until then not much to report.