Closed Thread
Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies,

I'm also having my morph scan this week, can't wait to see bubs again!!

I think I've been feeling some movement, like little bubbles bursting from time to time, but obviously I'm not too sure. Hope it gets more noticeable soon...

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong and Chicparis I hope you both have great scans this week and that we all get great news.

Can't wait to see bub again on Wednesday and then and OB appointment afterwards. Hoping to find out Bubs kidneys are all good

Feeling movements and little kicks but still not strong enough for dh to feel, can't wait til he feels them

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard every side of the debate on the cloth vs disposable nappies. It might be worth considering that cloth nappies aren't necessarily as "environmentally friendly" as they seem... with the extra water required to wash them almost constantly, and the additional detergents, bleaches etc that end up in the waterways...

As one friend of mine pointed out - in Australia we have an abundance of one thing - land - and a distinct shortage of another - water. So from her point of view it made more sense (living in Australia anyway...) to use disposables because we have the space for additional landfill but not the water to sustain the additional washing.

Though she acknowledged that 1) neither was "great" for the environment, and 2) this argument could obviously be different for other countries.

Personally I still don't know what to think....but heading into Baby #1, knowing I've never been good with bodily fluids, I went the disposable option..... although I've been tempted by the cloth a few times because of some of the super-cute stuff that's available!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan went really well. They did not find any problems. Was measuring 3 days ahead also. However they were not entirely happy with most of the pictures. With the placenta at the front it made it difficult so they want to re scan at 24 weeks to double check, I have no problem seeing bub again lol he was wriggling around so much this time I loved it
    I'm glad bub did not get my kidney issues

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (21-03-2012),angenrod  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Hampton. That's fantastic. Good you get to see bub again soon too xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Hamptonk, great news that bub doesn't have the kidney problem. Really happy for you. Must be such a relief to know that bubs is healthy.

chicparis - What day is your scan? Good luck.

AFM - Come on Friday, hurry up and get here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton, so glad to hear your scan went well, and I'm also very thankfull for you mentioning the 4 kidneys. I'd never heard of it before and was quite surprised by your post, but it would seem our bubs has that!! The scan went really well, Dr was very pleased with everything. And at the end he checked the spine and the kidneys, and lo and behold, says our bubs has duplex kidneys, 2 on each side. If I hadn't heard about it here a few days ago, I think I would've freaked out, so thank you hampton. And if you don't mind, I'd like to know more about it but we can pm so as to not crowed this thread...
    Dr said it's nothing to worry about, that it's an isolated issues as nothing else is wrong with bubs, but would need to keep an eye on the development and see a peadiatric urologist at birth. Only thing bub might get is recurrent UTIs but I can live with that...
    I also have an anterior and low lying placenta, which we have to keep an eye on too as it could mean c-sec for me, whether I like it or not!!

Klong, looking forward to hearing how your scan goes tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chicparis you can feel free to pm me about anything you wanna know an I will do my best to answer you

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just spent night three in hospital. Came in Tues night with severe vertigo only to find my bp was210/110. They were worried about pre eclampsia which did nothing to help me relax, especially when they say it is a non viable pregnancy as i am only 19 weeks tomorrow. Anywaylots of tests and babysafe meds my bp was 132/83 last night and noe the need to make sure it doesn't go low. I asked for a check on baby so they did the morph scan and everything looked good...it was only then i could really relax. I'm hoping to see fhe physio today for the vertigo and then be discharged but we'll see. So long as baby is alright I will do shatever the say. Good wishes to all, i hope you are sailing along nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    41hope what a scare for you. I take it from your post you are still in? I hope you are able to get some rest when you return home? Can you take time off work? Hugs.
    Chicpairs wow how crazy to have been taking about the double kidneys the other week! Good that you can share discussion here with Hampton.

Nothing to report here other than I am reading but feel blah still every day! I can't believe it tbh I felt so good with DS pg and this one has knocked me for 6! I have my 20 week scan on the 17 April.

Best wishes everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by smootch; 23-03-2012 at 06:28.