Closed Thread
Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini - Congratulations on the good news from the morph scan. It really is a relief. I bet you could have stared at that screen all day. Great photos, bub looks gorgeous.

Bebe - I bet it is bub that you are feeling. It kind of felt like muscle spasms for me. Won't be long until you start to feel little thumps.

Hamptonk - Are you still getting those cramps? It could be growing pains. I have had a blow out in the last week and you are only a few weeks behind me so your belly could be getting ready.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Congratulations Gemini on great results!!! Yay for passing this hurdle - enjoy it.

We had our morph scan today and both BOYS doing well & already holding onto their willies. One bub has a larger kidney which needs to be monitored but otherwise all great. Got some good pics but need to load them yet. Only thing is they're not 100% happy with my cervix so see obst tomorrow & have another scan next week to double check. Obst already told me to stop working so guess I'd better take notice now...

Feeling regular kicking now even though placenta for one is anterior. They were kicking & punching each other continuously during the scan - a sign of things to come no doubt!

Re MCN - I tried with DD & while the nappies were great I bought the ones with bamboo inserts & unfortunately in humid climate they took days to dry & given I was trying to avoid using dryer it sort of defeated the purpose for me. I have quite a few friends who swear by them if you buy enough so you don't run short :-).

Big hello to all the lovely ladies on the thread.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gemini I'm glad your scan went well can't wait for mine next Wednesday to see our little man again

Gracefilled congrats on two boys hope your OB appt goes well to.

Salgan the cramps have mostly stopped, still there occasionally but I think your right about it being growing pains, my stomach is starting to pop out which is an achievement when I'm over weight lol. hope you are doing well

Afm looking forward to next weeks scan but also a little anxious. I have kidney problems ( I have two each side instead of one, do four all up, which have caused problems for me before) anyway I have a 40% that bub will have them to. The scan should show us. Fingers crossed

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    missblogssy - Thanks for the link, I will have a look at that this evening. Really do want to use the cloth nappies but my sister who works at a child care centre has told me that it'd be too much work so I should use disposables. I am a bit worried that my washing machine will be on constantly but I might just buy one of the multi packs with about 40 nappies in so that it will last a couple of days.

Hamptonk - Glad the pains have subsided, hopefully it's just baby stretching inside.

Gemini - What a relief for you that everything's ok, congratulations.

Gracefilled - So exciting to see the boys messing about and play fighting already, that's so cute! That'll be a good photo for the album. Thanks for the info on the cloth nappies, I am still trying to make up my mind. I admit the idea of the lower costs and doing my bit for the environment are major plus points but just worried about the time involved.

bebehvala - Good luck with moving house, at least it'll keep your mind occupied until your morph scan.

AFM - I felt my first definite movement last night. I was sitting watching the TV and all of a sudden felt a blow to the middle of my stomach. Very weird but glad to finally have felt a definite kick. I caved in today and bought some baby clothes even though I said I'd wait for the morph scan before buying anything. I just couldn't resist!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Turns out I have an anterior placenta (high) too, so that would be why Im not feeling too much from the outside.

I'll pop back on at lunch to do personals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update - saw obstetrician today - on exercise restrictions, no sex (ha ha) until scan for cervix next Thu - 50% chance I'll go to surgery on Fri to tie cervix to stop further opening - freaking out about complications with procedure - chance of membranes being peirced & losing Bubs - such a bummer after boys having great scan - stupid 40 year old body!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me - will TRY to come back and do more later.

Grace - I hope everything goes ok for you x

Klong - I had Thought of cloth nappies for DS, but really glad I didn't. In the first few months there was so much washing piling up and to be honest it was a bit of a blur (I was so tired). DS went through so many clothes and wraps with bringing up milk after every feed. Not to mention our clothes as we didn't want to go around smelling like breast milk! Also, we changed nappies after every feed (every 2 hours) and in between if it was a dirty one.

It is a lot of work, but if you have lots of help, I guess it wouldn't be too bad. Like the others said, just make sure you have enough. As for price, we used huggies and because they are really absorbent you don't need to change them as much. Having done disposable, I would never want to make more work for myself - but then, I can't really say how much extra work it would actually be as I've not tried it. Just the thought of it I guess! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini85 Great news - how exciting!! I love the pics, they are so amazingly clear! I can't wait for my scan!! yay!

klong
    - I am looking into the cloth nappies also. I think overall it's best for the universe and cheaper for us. My concern is the time and energy involved and more handling of poop than I would like. Disposable definately sounds more convenient. If I decide on that, I'm going to start buying them with each shop and stock up while I'm working.

Congratulations gracefilled - how exciting, two boys!! So cute. Good luck with the stitch, I'm sure you'll do great.

AFM
    - I've been feeling baby heaps over the last three days, so cute! DH wants me to start playing classical music for the baby!! lol... I prefer Triple J.

I'm up for a relaxing and sleep filled weekend, with a couple of movies thrown in.

Have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I downloaded this awesome program today so I could capture all the still shots from my scan DVD. It is soooo cool! I ended up with a frame every 0.5 seconds, so I have 3000 photos now haha.

Now to go through them all and pic out some good ones for framing. I got 4 really good ones where bubs gave me the thumbs up. So cute.

I cant do personals on my computer at the moment, so Im on my phone right now. Will hoepfully be able to get on the laptop tonight and read up on everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you all had a great weekend. Morph scan for me and Hamptonk this week so hope it goes well for both of us.

Hope everyone else is cruising along nicely and starting to feel little bubba moving around. I have been cleaning the house ready for inspection this evening and the baby felt really heavy like it was trying to make it harder for me!! Perfect excuse to stop cleaning and let DH take over!

After weeks of going back to normal and feeling ok, I have started to get the total tiredness back that I had in early pregnancy. I'm becoming really intolerant at work too and just wish I wasn't there anymore. I don't have a problem with working full-time just wish it wasn't at my work and was somewhere less stressful!