Closed Thread
Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe - we bought most of DS's furniture from Babies R Us. They have 50% off nursery furniture sales a few times a year and cots are around $300 instead of $600. Not sure when the next one is, but do you plan on putting bubs into a bassinette in your room first. We didn't buy a cot for DS until he was 6 months old because we moved when he was 2 months old and he was in our room anyway. It's inconvenient if you want it all set up before bubs arrives - but you've still got a few months. Maybe ask them when they are having a nursery sale? I also got the change table and bassinette at 50% off which was really good.

Gemini - the teddy looks adorable! We knew DS was going to be a boy, but still went with a gender nuetral theme - Peter Rabbit. At the time it was hard to find, but just after he was born, Babies R Us started doing a Peter Rabbit range. I didn't want all blue because that's a bit stereotypical.

Salgan - we got the baby jogger pram too, but the City Select one with that has the option of putting two seats on it. However, DS doesn't sit in a pram anymore, so we won't need it. But I wanted one where the baby could face me too. Ebay is a great place to find things though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Well I told work today. Phew. What a relief that was. And I told my team, to give them a heads up. They are all super happy for me.

I have been feeling kicks every day now. Its so cool. He has been kicking the absolute cr@p out of me today. I swear he is trying to get out.

How is everyone else going?

Its soooo hard trying to choose a pram. I did want one where the baby can face me, but is it really that important? I wouldn’t have a clue. Cause if its no big deal I was gonna get the baby jogger. Might even consider the mini one? Or is that no good? Argh, my head hurts thinking about it

Only 9 sleeps til my morph scan!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini - glad it went well for you at work with telling everyone I bet it's more real now that you can have it out in the open. Regarding the prams, we didn't get ours until I was 5 days overdue I just couldn't decide between them all. It was really important for me to get one where the baby could face me. I'd read a lot of books when I was pregnant (probably too many) and they said things about bonding etc. They also pointed out how some babies can get stressed because they can't see their caregiver, instead they see bright lights and all these strange things. Not sure how true it is because I know I went a bit overboard the first time because of all the things I read. However, when I did turn DS to face the other way (about 4 months) I really missed him and sometimes I would have to turn him back around! So it was for my benefit too, because I didn't want to take my eyes off him... Also the City Select is good if you plan to have another one in the not too distant future. You can have 2 seat on it, or a bassinette and seat. We could do that except with the next baby, except DS has refused to go in a pram at all since he learned to walk.

Anyway, here's a link http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx If I hadn't done that, I wish I just got a McLaren's stroller (one that could lay flat) because the others are quite heavey after a while..

AFM - I've finally started feeling some movements! I've got to get another scan on Tuesday because they couldn't finish it all on Friday (bubs was moving too much). I need to stay strong and not find out again! Then I have a midwife appt on Thursday so that should be good.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Full CVS results finally back

and everything looks fine with bub. We are having a boy. Obviously I am stoked all is fine with bub and over the moon he is healthy but a tiny part of me is sad its not a girl. We already have one beautiful boy and this is our last bub, as much as I love being a mum of boys, I like to be a mum of a girl too. C'est la vie, we only have a 2 bedroom house so at least this way I dont feel bad about them sharing a room til we can afford renovations ie prob never!! Way behind on reading how everyone is going, sending out general well wishes til I catch up. Emma xxxx ps re: furniture I was lucky, my inlaws had finished their family so I got their old cot and bassinet and all their gear. Bought a few bits and pieces but 90% of my baby stuff was given to me as hand-me-downs.My only big purchase was a stroller. Bought it 2nd hand, a Stokke Xplory for $600 and it was fantastic while he was little. Once bub was bigger (1yr+) I moved on to a Phil and Teds I got a St Vinnis for $30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    qotfu - I admire your honesty re the gender. It takes a brave person sometimes (especially in a forum full of women desperate to have a baby at all) to admit to gender disappointment. All I can say is that it is a natural and legitimate feeling, and certainly not one to be ashamed of (and nor should you let people ever make you feel ashamed of it!!!).
    Besides which, you already know in your heart that you will love him just as much, and (like you said) are grateful that he is healthy. Plus all the other advantages there are to same-sex siblings!!!

As for everyone else and the general pram conversation - look to be honest, it really ends up depending on the personality of the baby/child itself. Sure, for the first couple of months when you are using the pram bassinet-style and the baby is not aware, I am definitely all in favour of having them facing you.

But with my DS, he very quickly showed himself to be an inquisitive little man - even at 6 weeks old, he didn't like to be held in toward my body - he had to be held facing outward so that he could see what was going on. It became apparent pretty quickly that he was more interested in checking out the world than staring at my face - and had no problems expressing his feelings on his preference, either!!! So I just went with it.

But I found if I had to get him to sleep while we were out and about, I would need to turn him back rearward facing so that he wasn't as distracted and would actually go to sleep....

Ultimately, if you can get something that will allow both forward and rearward facing, it probably covers all bases. I got a Valco - they're great for that. But lots of brands will have that feature too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will come back and do proper personals later but the baby jogger are releasing a new pram that has reversible handles and folds either way too. It's the versa model. Out in may this year. Anyone seen it? Wonder if it's worth waiting for? I just want something small and easy to fold haha. I'm not too concerned about the second seat option. Can always use a glider board when it comes to having 2 kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bebehvala - It's so exciting looking at baby furniture - so easy to get carried away. I have been very lucky and had a lovely Boori change table given to me, along with a cot and a bassinette. I just need to purchase replacement mattresses for all. The most expensive item that I'll be purchasing for the baby is a pram, I really want the Baby Jogger City Select.

Gemini85 - I love purchasing from eBay - I do it a lot and I've always had a positive experience. I like the Baby Jogger City Select, which City one do you like? I'm pretty sure that the City Select allows the baby to look at your or turn it around. Love the teddy! I haven't heard of the new Baby Jogger pram, I'll check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation Salgan for the prams online, I've checked out the buyer and their prams, all looks fantastic!! I'll be buying mine through them for sure!

Hi Quotfu - great news on your results, congratulations! I can imagine how you feel about wanting a girl, and I guess this is good that you have found out now to let the news settle in.

AFM - I think I'm starting to feel better again. I say that gingerly in case it comes back, but I am feeling better at nights. Not 100%, but better. Still very tired and lacking energy but hopefully that will get better soon too. I've started getting very itchy skin and have to make sure I moisturise my whole body every day to avoid being driven insane. Does anyone else have this issue?

Have a great day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goaskclaire - Glad you're feeling better. As for the itchy skin, I have it BUT I do get it a lot anyway. My tummy and b(.)(.)b's are the worst! I have been rubbing bio oil ob them and find it makes a HUGE difference.

Gemini85- Yeah for telling work and getting gifts and getting that nursery done. You've had a longer wait than most of us for being able to enjoy things, so enjoy it.
    I have no clue about that pram, but I did find this site helpful with find prams to suit my lifestyle http://babyology.com.au/chooser?type=prams

qotfu - Yeah for great results. Sorry you have a touch of gender dissapointment, but as you say everything looks fine and you'll forget all about it as soon as he is in your arms [if not before]

Mum2Angus - Ohhhh movements. What do yours feel like? I think I may be getting something, but just can't be sure.
    Thanks for the tips on Babies R Us sale.

AFM - As I mentioned above, I THINK i am getting some twitching type movements - but I just can't be sure. But I can't decide what else it could be [besides gas]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm on my phone so can't do personals, but will do a few from what I remember.

Bebe - its like a snail crawling in my belly! But when I lie on my back I can feel some kicks or movement every now and then on the outside.

Gemini - the City Select had just come out when we purchased ours and the only bad thing about that was that they didn't have any accessories available. For instance, I would have loved a belly bar when he started sitting in the seat, but it didn't come out til much later. Depends what it is released with I guess.

Re: slight disappointment with another boy - I thought I might feel like that (if I found out). I know my Mum will definitely be disappointed and as DH has 2 boys & 2 girls from a previous marriage - I would like us to share a dd too :-) HOWEVER, I know DS would love a little brother and 2 boys would be so cute together! They would be much closer than a boy/girl and could play together etc..

AFM. I've had the worst pelvic pain. It hurts in my upper thighs when I walk and they feel numb as well as my feet. I went to the chiro today and made an appt for the physio tomorrow. I'm not sure which one would be better to see, so I can make my mind up after. The chiro said its mild sciatica, but I don't think it is... I really hope it goes soon, because it's really getting me down :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

I haven't posted in awhile butI've been reading along and I'd like to thank you all for your input re c-sections and IVF. I know it's not something very common, I know my Dr doesn't suggest it to all his patients, it was just in my particular case that he thought I might just want to have the baby and go home rather than the whole birthing experience. Which I do understand as to be perfectly honest, I don't care much about the whole delivery, I just want my baby in my arms. I've waited so long for this that all the rest is irrelevant to me.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still unsure about the c-sec, but I am thinking about it, and anyways, I was told I've got loads of time to make a decision, I can still decide at 36-37 weeks. So I've got quite some time still.

Gemini, I was so happy to hear about your amnio results. Glad you can finally share your news and enjoy your pregnancy.

Qotfu, glad your results came back fine too.

Goaksclaire, I'm itching a lot too!! I've been moisturizing every day on my belly, b(.)(.)s and back. My belly is much better but my back still itches like mad. My Dr even had me do a BT to check for liver something or other that would explain the intense itching but all is ok, so it's probably just the skin stretching.

Mum2Angus, sorry to hear about the pain. I also get that from time to time and not sure what to do about it.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM, nothing much to report here. I have my 20wk scan booked in 2 wks time and my next OB app 2 weeks after that. THis is the longest time I'll have gone without a scan (3.5wks) and it makes me a little nervous. Also I haven't felt any movement yet and I haven't really popped either. my bump looks more bloat than baby so not feeling very preggers at the moment. I hope I start properly showing soon, I feel like such a fraud