Closed Thread
Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I keep fairly quiet on here as my pregnancy is one hurdle after the other. I'm 13 +5 today and had a scan today. I have to have them
    Fortnightly as the sac surrounding bubs is rather small. My ob til me today that he is sure I will deliver before 36 weeks, and I only have a 50% chance if making it to 32 weeks.
    I had a CVS last week, so far results are good, just waiting on final result which will be here in 2 weeks.

I'm having a boy!!!! I'm so excited about that. Has anyone had any swelling yet? My feet have been swollen yesterday n today. Blood pressure good though. I've had no morning sickness however having been feeling off the last couple of days.

Hope you are all enjoying your pregnancies and all your scans are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Gemini- so glad to hear u felt your first kick!!! How exciting, I'm hanging for that moment. I'm jealous, lol. Enjoy the kicks and pushes as they come xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ange. Good to see you on here! Hope your scan went well. Bet you were glad to see him moving around.

You've definitely got someone looking out for you and your little man. Truly is a miracle. Hope it's smooth sailing from now on xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Sorry haven't been posting much lately but I've been keeping up with everyone's progress.

Gemini, yay on feeling a proper kick, still waiting for any kind of movement to happen here. Can't wait to here that all is well with your amnio results.

Bebe, thanks for keeping up with the list. For the moment, we're still having a surprise, might change our minds later on in the pregnancy, but I think it's a girl! But I really don't care, as long as it's healthy...

Angenrod, sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, but I'm glad your bubs is hanging tight in there. I hope things go smoothly from now on...

Hampton, Good luck with the scan tomorrow, can't wait to hear what you're having!!

All is well on my end, had our 16wk early screening scan last week and bubs is doing really well. it was waving and even smiled (or yawned?) at us on the 3Dscan, was really cool! but we're still not finding out the gender, although we are having fun speculating!
    Been thinking a lot about what my Dr mentioned to me about c-sec (advising me to have an elective c-sec) and talked about it also with the Dr who did my scan last week. They both say it's better for IVF patients to have a c-sec because you don't want to risk having any complications with delivery. An IVF patient has waited so long for that moment that you don't want to be taking any chances... I understand their point but still not convinced. The one thing that did make sense to me was when they mentioned the fact that I've had many laps for endo and that there could be adhesions inside which could cause complications, especially if I'd have to have an emcs...
    Anyone have an opinion on the subject?? I'd love some input...

Thanks
    Reviews
    " They both say it's better for IVF patients to have a c-sec because you don't want to risk having any complications with delivery. An IVF patient has waited so long for that moment that you don't want to be taking any chances... I understand their point but still not convinced. The one thing that did make sense to me was when they mentioned the fact that I've had many laps for endo and that there could be adhesions inside which could cause complications, especially if I'd have to have an emcs...
    Anyone have an opinion on the subject?? I'd love some input..."

Hi Chicparis,
    I hadnt heard that IVF patients have an increased rate of c sections (though I wonder if that takes into consideration the fact that more older women are having IVF, or that some people have IVF because they have issues or complications that arent compatible with natural conception and/or vag birth???) but a quick google brings up this article...
    I have an almost-four-year-old who is a product of IVF. I had an obsterician for his birth, she was fine with my plan for a vag birth if possible, which I had, no complications etc Though she is known as being quite vag birth friendly, as in she supports VBAC, vaginal breech birth etc etc
    This time I am going thru the birth centre at RPA and share caring with my GP. Everyone is assuming I'll be able to have another vag birth as the first was so "easy" (like to point out thats their description not mine!!!) although it has been noted that the gestational sac has attached itself quite low in the uterus putting me at risk of placenta previa, that would of course change the situation and I would have to have a c section.

I know this is by no means a large study but a quick calculation of my friends/neighbours/fellow mums-group-mums I come up with around 30 ish births in the last 7 years spread over 19 women.
    4 of whom I know used IVF, plus me makes 5, one had a c section for her first birth then a VBAC for her second, the other 4 of us were all vag births.

HOWEVER none of this takes into consideration your exact situation. I have never had a lap, only 2 stim cycles of IVF, 4 fet, 3 x DCs.

I dont know how helpful all this is but just trying to offer my experiences as a comparision.
    Have you considered talking to another ob to get a 2nd/3rd opinion????

That would prob be my next move but I dont know how easy that is for you to do, if you're in Sydney and want the details of my ob from last time let me know.

emma xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chicparis, I have never heard of this before either, although I have only had one op which was lasering of my cysts on my ovaries.

Afm, 14 weeks on Friday, and I still have no belly.
    When did you ladies that are further ahead start to feel a bump.
    I always check when I am lying down in bed in the morning and still nothing.
    This is my 4th baby too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Angela: I have a decent bump at 19 weeks - it really popped out about 3 weeks ago.
    Sorry, hard to do personals as am on my phone :-(
    Little update from me, we had our anatomy scan yesterday at 19 wks + 3 days and all looking good! We are having a little girl :-) It was the first scan my DP had been able to get to. I took my Granny and my bro and sis in law too - was great to share it with them all! Would someone please mind updating the roll call for me, my Internet at home is being stupid and can't seem to do it from my phone! Am due 22nd July.
    Off to GP this am as suffering from nose bleeds and headaches which are getting worse, just really want to make sure BP is ok...

Me: 33 DP: 43 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 19 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan - GIRL
    22 - missbloggsy - GIRL

25 - Mum2Angus - SURPRISE
    31 - Gemini85 - SURPRISE

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis - SURPRISE
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41Hope
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod - BOY
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire
    3 - Angelanathan
    18 - babystepswa
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]

Scans and Appointments
    HamptonK - Gender Scan - 28 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio Results - ? Feb
    Geminii - Morph Scan - 15 Mar
    Angenrod - CVS Results - 9 March
    Hamptonk - Morph Scan - 21 Mar
    Klong - Morph Scan - 23 Mar
    bebehvala - Morph Scan - 29 Mar
    41Hope - Morph Scan - 2 April
    Angenrod - Morph Scan - 10 April
    kseds - Morph Scan - 12 April
    Last edited by bebehvala; 28-02-2012 at 16:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW, so many Morph scan already, I am so jealous!!

It's is nice to read that everyone is doing so well - we just need Gem and Ange's final results in ASAP [please and thank you universe]

Anyone else have scans dates, baby's gender or updated due date to add?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for updating bebehvala!

Me: 33 DP: 43 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 19 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app