Closed Thread
Page 55 of 120 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for your scan Smooch. I know how you feel, being sick is getting very tiresome. Although I'm almost 14 weeks and it's going away more and more - just not completely!

Gem - that's so cute, she must be excited. Do you have a date to get the results as yet?

AFM - I took the plunge and told all our family and friends via Facebook last night!!! So that's it, it's really happening now.....!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for annoucning it Bebe! You must be excited now. Everyone must be really happy for you hey.

Goodluck for your scan today Smootch.

He didnt give me an exact date for the results. He just said 10-14 days. So either Monday week, or Thursday week. I have an appt tomorrow, which I think is just a midwife appt, so I will ask then.

I have felt a few more little movements which is reassuring. Nothing I would call a "kick", but little bumps here and there. Can wait til my belly starts moving up to my belly button. Cause at the moment im just looking really fat.

Jools - goodluck for your scan today too

Are you ladies finding out the gender today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe - yay for announcing on FB. I did with BS, but haven't this time. One of my FB friends (from high school) did it at 10 weeks. All my family and close friends know, but it's good if you have other friends on there that you are not very good at keeping in touch with...

AFM - my tummy is starting to tighten which is good. Still feeling no movement yet, but it's kind of good too. I remember DS was always moving or getting the hiccups and sometimes it was annoying because it was hard to relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! We had our scan this morning and all went well. Looks like we are having a GIRL!!! I am so excited. I am going to start shopping now.

Hope everyone is well and good luck to all the ladies getting scans this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Salgan! A girl...so exciting
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salgan congrat on a girl. That's wonderful have fun shopping
    Still 4 weeks til I will know lol.
    So happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, morph scan went well and it was so awesome to see how much bubba has grown....we didn't find out the sex but I was looking very hard!!!! I have a feeling it's a girl but it's 50/50....Good luck to everyone else having scans this week.

Salgan congrats on your little girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jools - glad your scan went well. Did you not find out the gender because you couldnt, or you dont want to find out?

Nothing new with me. I have another appt with the Ob today. Not sure why. Think they just like taking my money haha. Cause my last appt was only last Thursday, and then I have my morph scan in 3 weeks, so who knows. I have felt really dizzy the 2 days. This is fairly normal in pregnancy though hey? Suppose I can mention it when I go in today.

I dont think they will do a scan today, but I hope they use the doppler at least. Im always so paranoid its stopped growing or something. I need to learn to think positive about this haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, they did a scan for me today. So exciting. I love seeing him/her moving around in there. Still have all my amniotic fluid, so thats a good sign after the amnio haha.

Now to wait 3 weeks for the morph scan! Woohoo!

The midwife was nice. Appt wasnt long though. She just asked if I could feel the baby yet, in which case she said its normal to only just start feeling them about now. So that was a relief.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Salgan - a girl!!! How exciting for you!!! My sister went crazy with the pink stuff as soon as she found out she was having a girl - you should have seen her nursery. It look like a fairy threw up in there....

Jools - was it a tough decision to stick to, not finding out the sex?? We found out with DS, but have decided to keep it a surprise this time around.... I have a feeling that the temptation will be there to cave in at the last minute.....

Gemini - yay for scans!! It's always amazing to see the little squirmer =)

Bebe - we had been sharing the news with close friends and family since about 10 weeks.....did the big FB announcement last friday after our OB appt following the NT scan.... I had fun doing it that way....and it turned out that a lot less people suspected it than I had thought....!!!

AFM - not much else going on since the big NT scan last week. Morph scan booked in for April 10. So will be counting down the days until that one.... Waiting, waiting, always waiting..........

On another front, spent all of Sunday at Flinders and then Women's & Children's hospital. My poor little 16mth old DS started having horrible stomach pains in the morning....he was crying and grunting and curling up into a ball. The weird thing was, it would happen for about 10-15 minutes, and then go away again for about the same length of time, on and off.

It seemed consistent with constipation, but he'd only had a BM the previous evening, so it shouldn't have been that backed up to cause him that much pain and discomfort. So a trip to Emergency, and they asked heaps of questions, did lots of obs and tests, and suspected that he might have had either intussesception (where the bowel "telescopes" in on itself) or appendicities. Lots of tests later, and being transferred to WCH for a paed surgical consult, and they ruled out both.

Long story short, they think it was probably a 'kink' in his bowel - they had him hopped up on painkillers until it seemed to resolve itself naturally (about 9pm that night). We stayed overnight for observation, and left Monday morning.

The whole thing was awful as a parent - but so glad it turned out to not be serious...
    Last edited by Kseds; 21-02-2012 at 13:58.