Closed Thread
Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still around but feel blah most of the time and readying long post from my phone make me feel worse. I sleep most of the day when I can lol ESP when dh is home to have DS.

I've got a belly happening and in maternity clothes already and back in my maternity bras too! I keep having horrid dreams I'm going to die in labour.

Anyway just sending all my very best for tomorrow's amnio gem and I agree you need to REST! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    smootch - Wow that is a horrible dream to be having, must make you wake up feeling awful. I'm sure it's just crazy pregnancy hormones playing silly tricks on you.

AFM - Nothing happening for me at the moment so I've been reading posts but keeping quiet. Hoping to book my morph scan for 23rd March which I will do by the end of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking in to let you know the CVS went fine.
    Due to the position of the bub vs the placenta they had to go in thru the cervix not my belly. It was like a slightly-longer-than-usual pap smear..... for anyone who has gone thru IVF it was a walk in the park!!
    The midwife said results in 24 to 48 hours but the doc said 3 days.
    Will have results by Thursday arvo either way.
    Good luck everyone waiting on tests or results xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's good to hear qotfu. I was wondering how you went. Keep us updated. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I think more often than not the low Papp a results are more indicative of placenta issues hey? Well that's what I'm hoping for in your case and mine. Won't be long til we find out hey. Hope my amnio results are as quick as yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire
    3 - Angelanathan
    18 - babystepswa
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]

Scans and Appointments
    Kseds - NT Scan - 16 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio Test - 16 Feb
    bebehvala - NT Results - 16 Feb
    Kseds - NT Scan - 16 Feb
    Kseds - NT Results - 17 Feb
    qotfu - CVS Results - 19 Feb
    Salgan - Morph Scan - 20 Feb
    babystepswa - Scan - 23 Feb
    goaskclaire - NT Scan - 24 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio Results - ? Feb
    Geminii - Morph Scan - 15 Mar
    Hamptonk - Morph Scan - 21 Mar
    Klong - Morph Scan - 23 Mar
    Last edited by bebehvala; 14-02-2012 at 00:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gemini,
    My PAPPA-A results were normal (0.99 MOM) and my nuchal thickness was ok as well (2 or 2.15 depending on who did it) but my HCG was 5.4 MOM.
    So (if I understand how this works) that means it is 5.4 times above 'normal'
    with the optimal figures for both being 1.0 ie normal
    I've been googling and asking and downloading scientific journals and unfortunately I cant find anyone with an HCG level that high that had a good outcome
    Of course I should stop as we all know Dr Google only reports the bad results and rarely the good.
    The docs today were booking me for more scans (24, 26 and 28 wks) and talking as if a placental issue was very likely....there was no suggestion or inference from them of a chromosomal abnormality being the likely result so I take some hope from that. Of course it could just be protocol.
    My mind is going around and around about it, sometimes I feel very bleak and hopeless and then a moment later I buoy and remind myself its not over til the fat lady sings!
    Good luck for your results and for all of us
    Emma x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by qotfu View Post
    Hi Gemini,
    My PAPPA-A results were normal (0.99 MOM) and my nuchal thickness was ok as well (2 or 2.15 depending on who did it) but my HCG was 5.4 MOM.
    So (if I understand how this works) that means it is 5.4 times above 'normal'
    with the optimal figures for both being 1.0 ie normal
    I've been googling and asking and downloading scientific journals and unfortunately I cant find anyone with an HCG level that high that had a good outcome
    Of course I should stop as we all know Dr Google only reports the bad results and rarely the good.
    The docs today were booking me for more scans (24, 26 and 28 wks) and talking as if a placental issue was very likely....there was no suggestion or inference from them of a chromosomal abnormality being the likely result so I take some hope from that. Of course it could just be protocol.
    My mind is going around and around about it, sometimes I feel very bleak and hopeless and then a moment later I buoy and remind myself its not over til the fat lady sings!
    Good luck for your results and for all of us
    Emma x
    Sorry qotfu I have no idea how to read these test but am getting the test done ourselves. And yes dr google is very bad! Sending you best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all!

Just a quick note to say that I'm still floating around.....life is hectic at the moment with a FT job again and a 16 mth old and a domestically-challenged DH (THAT will be changing soon, mark my words....)

No news....plodding along. At last the week has arrived - NT scan on Thurs, review appt with OB on Fri. Still feeling good - a little blah at times, and have a rather defined belly going on......boss knows about it already (she guessed). So that's one thing off my mind, in any case.

Following you all from my pc screen, even if I have been quiet lately...!!!
    Sounds like everyone is doing well....I promise more personals next time...

Take care!!! XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, i'm still around too, just not posting much but reading about everyone's journeys.

Hampton, your bubs is being really stubborn, not letting you have a nice picture to take home and drool over... Glad your OB app went well though.

smootch, hope the tiredness doesn't last much longer and you find some energy soon. Oh and what horrible dream you keep having, no wonder you're tired!

qotfu, glad the CVS went well, And I hope you get the results very soon. I don't know anythign about the meanings of all the tests but I am thinking of you...

gemini, I'll be thinking of you thursday and you should definitely take some time off to rest after it.

Kseds, Good luck for your scan thursday, so exciting to see bubs!!

bebehvala, good luck for your results on thursday too, I'm sure all will be good. Thinking of you too

Not much going on here, well, as long as you don't count my 2 unplanned trips to the Dr last week! First, I had such a stressful day last sunday that I was paranoid something had happened to bubs. Then on thursday, I had a bleed in the morning and rushed to hospital, where the scan showed bubs was completely oblivious to the whole thing, and the blood was coming from a vein that popped in my vagina. All is well now but it was quite a stressful week, and Dr said I should still be on semi bed rest for the time being...
    No real bump yet and not feeling bubs yet either, so all this waiting makes me nervous. Next scan is 22nd Feb, early screening scan at 16 weeks with a BT and seeing OB on the 27th.

Take care everyone, and looking forward to some good news this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still here too - reading the emails but not getting a chance to log on. My MS is still here in full force & having to nap at least once daily :-))). I'm taking one day at time in hope one day I'll wake up & it will be a better day.
    It's DD's first birthday tomorrow so busy organizing party for Sat with both sets of parents arriving on Thu so will be crazy for a bit yet.
    Saw cardiologist yesterday & have to get holter monitor done for my arrhythmia. Back to see endocrinologist on Fri - I apparently have gestational hyperthyroidism as well as diabetes so feeling a bit fed up with my body these days!!!
    Will do personals once the family goes home....