Closed Thread
Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grace,
    I have nothing but praise for RPA. I had my first baby there (almost 4 years ago now) as a private patient. As my labour was v quick and my obgyn was a bit of a **** he missed the whole thing and the midwives that helped me birth my bub were fantastic. So this time I am going thru the midwife program at the birth centre. I havent been there yet as I am doing share care with my GP. I have been in there though, my best friend has had both her kids there. Havent seen any of the doctors either (except for NT scan), all been GP so far.
    Last time we did IVF at Sydney IVF (now Genea) and they were so great but we just couldnt afford it this time so we went to RPA IVF clinic, which is run in conjunction with Genea anyway, in fact we had the same fertility doctor at both places!
    I had the NT last Thursday (was first time I saw anyone at RPA for this pregnancy) and unfortunately although the scan was fine my blood test results (and age) gave us a ratio of 1 in 26 for downs.
    We are have a CVS tomorrow at RPA.
    Congrats on twins! Thats awesome!
    Emma x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    18 - qotfu
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire
    3 - Angelanathan
    18 - babystepswa
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]

Scans and Appointments
    Hamptonk - OB Appt. - 13 Feb
    Kseds - NT Scan - 16 Feb
    qotfu - CVS - 16 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio Test - 19 Feb
    bebehvala - NT results - 19 Feb
    qotfu - CVS results - 19 Feb
    Salgan - Morph Scan - 20 Feb
    babystepswa - Scan - 23 Feb
    goaskclaire - NT Scan - 24 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio Results - ? Feb
    Geminii - Morph Scan - 15 Mar
    Hamptonk - Morph scan - 21 Mar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaskclaire View Post
    Bebehvala what is the nub test? I know the Chinese gender predictor is supposed to be pretty good.
    Take a look at this link, I think it explains the nub theory the best.

And this youtube link also visually explains it very well.

And based on my picture, I think I am having a boy - but so many people think a girl. Hmmmpf!
    Last edited by bebehvala; 12-02-2012 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Claire,
    I do think that once they get to hold the bub all will be ok! I love your idea of giving them money to chose an outfit - I will do the same :-)
    My Mum has given us a voucher to have new born bub photos done which will include the step kiddies - they are excited about this too.
    It would be challenging enough just dealing with a new born bub let alone the challenges of making sure step kids feel just as loved and special! Step parenting is the biggest challenge of my life to date - love them to bits but it is difficult at times - this last week was really hard - don't think my hormones help!!!
    And yes, nice to have some cooler weather here in Perth - what a relief!!
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Me: 33 DP: 42 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 17 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a really quick one from me, as I am on my phone and REALLY tired.

Re: Stepchildren - I think once the baby is born, they (especially DSD's) will be so preoccupied with the baby too, that they will forget about it all. Also, I think we worry about ALL children feeling left out when the new baby comes along. For example, my DS is used to having my undivided attention 24 hours a day & will most definitely feel a bit left out when the baby comes. It's really good that my mother will be coming to stay for a while and I'll have to make sure DH spends extra time with him (he's a real Daddy's boy).

Re: Finding out the gender - I'm hoping I can stay strong and not find out. I would love to get a surprise this time..

Hope everyone is going well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Sorry for the quick one, but im at work and I get watched like a hawk!!!!

Grace, nice to see you on here, glad you are well. As you know I have no idea on the subject of RPA just what I have seen on telly LOL

AFM, well coming up to the 12 weeks on friday and for the last few days I have felt so great. Sometimes forget that I am pregnant. No ms,boobs still a little sore.
    this worries me, anyone else feeling really good at this point?

Other than that, no belly
    Going to gp for my monthly check up wednesday and hoping to hear the heartbeat on doppler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 more sleeps til my amnio!! So excited. Well not about the amnio, but about seeing bubs again! Woohoo!

Has anyone had one before? Just wondering whether I should organise to have the day after off work too? I know they say a few days rest but wasnt sure how much rest is actually needed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gem - I've heard you need to rest
    afterwards, so I'd take the day off.

I'll be thinking of you as I'll be getting my NT results at the same time.

I'm still sick - at almost 13 weeks I thought it would be gone by now..but still not complaining and just laying about being grateful I'm not forced to work and DH is supporting me.

We have so many Mums to be on our list that never post - I wonder what happened to them all??? Any one know??

Hubbing from my iPhone.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 13-02-2012 at 11:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's no good your still sick. That would be a bummer. At least you know all is good hey.

That's right, I completely forgot you had yours already. Sorry. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. You won't have anything to worry about.

I might just call in sick for those 2 days. I don't need the questions from my boss if I give her a heads up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini good luck with your amnio, it will be great to see bub again at least
    Bebe good luck to you also for you nt results I hope they are good results

Hello to everyone else How is everyone going??

I had an OB appointment today. Everything seems good. He did a really quick scan Bubs hr is now 150, didn't realise how quickly they change it was 161 last week. Again bubsicle was sleeping with its back To us so couldn't see much lol hopefully bub sleeps this well after the birth haha. Also finally know my blood type. I am in the rhesus negative category so hopefully that does not cause any issues.
    So all seems good in feeling pretty good except still can't find food I wanna eat lol just wish I could get a good scan of bub

Hope everyone has a good valentines day tomorrow. Dh is taking me to Sofitel for lunch, I hope I can find food I wanna eat there given the price or I'll feel so bad.