Closed Thread
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angelnathan I decided to stop doing blood tests as I was driving myself nuts with them. Mine levels were

14dp2dt - 190

17dp2dt - 460

21dp2dt - 2710

Worked out to be doubling every 43 hrs so I was happy. The only thing that really helped was the quick scan fs did at 6wks. Your numbers look fine as long as they are going up which they are don't stress.

Angenrod yes I was in the nov thread congrats on your bfp also. All the best for your scan on the 16th, it's like another horrible 2ww.

Afm i was lucky when I got my referral for an OB I called yesterday and he had a cancellation for the 12th of jan. so I got to book in really quickly, I'm quite nervous as this is my first bub I do t know what to expect at the appt. but I'm glad it's sooner rather than later

And thanks ladies for your thoughts on dtd. Its still difficult to figure out, but we are just playing it by ear now and just see how we feel at the time etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Congratulations to you all!! I hope you are all doing well.

Sorry I have been missing. Just waiting to hit 12 weeks so I can relax.We had our first ob appointment last week and we got to see bub. It was amazing. I could not believe how much our baby had grown. We could see hands, legs and even a nose. Bub turned and gave us a wave hello. It was so cute. I am in love. We have our 12 week NT scan on Tuesday and I can't wait.

How are all you ladies going with MS? I have it quite bad but I am taking it as a good sign.

Hampton - I feel bad for dh but I am too scared to dtd until we hit 12 weeks. I know I am just being paranoid.

Angelanathan - Your numbers look great. I can only remember my first BT 9dp5dt was 180 and FS was really happy with that number. When is your first scan? When you see that heart beat you will feel better. These 12 weeks are hard because we worry about everything. I think because we have been through so much to get here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angenrod I don’t think you have anything to worry about.
    Here are my levels so far:

12dp5dt 52
    18dp5dt 170

I have another BT tomorrow. I am not going to join this thread until I am 100% confident as last year I joined and I had an Ectopic Scar Pregnancy and had no HB at 9 weeks. I hope to come and join you guys in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I will have that early scan week Friday. Will be exactly 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My HCG levels were approximately as follows:

1st - 344
    2nd - 1053
    3rd - 4000
    4th - 12,400
    5th - 27,000

I've read that so long as they're going upwards and at least doubling that there's nothing to worry about. You'd think I wouldn't worry with the figures above but I was worried that they were too high and that it could be a molar pregnancy! It really doesn't matter how well things go, I think us ladies will always worry because of what we've all been through to get here.

I was worried when my MS stopped for a day or so but now it's back so I think pregnancy is just so unpredictable that everyone's journey will be different but with a few things shared.

Samarasmum - I remember you from the Perth thread. Hope everything's going ok. Really great news for your BFP, congratulations!

Salgan - So cute to hear about your baby giving you a little wave! Makes me so excited for my next scan. Can't wait to see how much bigger the bub has gone.

AFM - Got a referral to the hospital so have my meeting with the OB on 31st January. Does anyone know what is the next step after your early pregnancy scan as the lady that did the scan told me that I should be having the downs syndrome test around week 10 but nobody else has mentioned this to me and wouldn't even know what this involves. Wouldn't make any difference to me whatsoever as this bub is here to stay no matter what but wondered if it's something you have to have???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to join this thread, if I may. I am new and am looking forward to taking this journey with you all. My due date is Aug 18, which happens to be my dad's birthday! Had my 6 week scan today (at 6 weeks and 6 days - due to Christmas) and all is well...it was amazing to see the little heart fluttering.

I consider myself to be very blessed having started IVF in September, and this was the first thaw cycle (2nd attempt overall).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome 41hope, glad to hear your scan went well. It's so crazy to see the fluttering isn't it? Makes it seem so much more real! Good luck with everything and no doubt we will all be chatting lots more over the next 8-9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angenrod View Post
    I have read it is better to sleep on your left side (I have no idea why..if anyone does, please let me know) so I try and sleep on my left all night and i now sleep with a pillow inbetween my legs to, to make it more comfortable!
    Hi, I'm not part of this group but was reading it after I did a search for something. I noticed your question angenrod and since my brain is full of lots of useless info (lol) I thought I would share the answer. Lying flat on your back can cause the enlarged uterus from compressing a large vein (called the inferior vena cava if you really care) that drains blood back into your heart. This vein is on the right side of your heart so when you lie on your left side your uterus drops down towards the bed and away from the vein. If this vein is compressed for prolonged periods then the mother's blood pressure will drop which is dangerous for herself and the baby. It is really only an issue from around 16 weeks pregnancy, for some only in last trimester, and some women dont get any issues at all. The ideal side is left side-lying but lying on either side is preferable to sleeping on your back. If you cant handle sleeping on your left side all the time/at all then it is recommended that you sleep on either side. You dont have to be fully side-lying on your left side either, a 30 degree tilt to the left is sufficient. (so you could put a pillow under your right hip and shoulder and that would be enough). Most women will wake up from sleep feeling faint/ feeling short of breath before anything serious occurs.
    Hope that made sense!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseOfFun For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations 41hope!!! Welcome to the thread. I am glad your IVF journey was short. You will love every scan and you won't believe how fast the baby will grow.

Klong - Our scan was so beautiful. I can't wait for you ladies to have your 10-12 week scan so you can experience the same thing. Your ob will give you a referral for the downs scan. I think it is normal to have to done at 12 weeks. How many weeks will you be on the 31st? I think you need to have the scan before 14 weeks.

Angelanathan- Feels like we are always in the 2ww. I think the wait for your first scan is harder than the IVF wait. I know you will be fine and you will see a healthy heart beat.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I wonder how many of us will make it to 12 o'clock on NY's. I can barely make it until 10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salgan, I hope your right about the scan.
    I'm glad you has your scan and everything went well. I have bloods tomorrow to put my mind at ease I think.

I'm in bed now and it's 7.50pm lol
    Very tired have certainly noticed that.
    Peeing at 2.30am doesn't help.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app