Closed Thread
Page 47 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Hampton. Fantastic news. Wont be long til we are all over the first trimester hurdles, and we can start enjoying every moment of our pregnancies.

Well I can start enjoying mine after this damn amnio. Im doubting my deision to have it done, cause Im sick of having to hide this pregnancy. I havent been able to celebrate it like normal. Oh well. Bright side, I will get to see bubs again....and I can try sneak a look at the gender haha

Are you going to find out the gender at your next scan Hampton?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini I had really hoped to get a guess at gender today but there was no way that was possible. I am
    Dying to know so yes I will find out at the next scan lol. Good luck with your amino

Thanks
    Reviews
    Claire - welcome and congrats. Would love to know how your yoga goes. Im also considering that but have not done yoga in YEARS!

Klong - Can you ask some relos in the UK to ship you a box of your crisps and treats?

Smootch - So happy your earlier scares are behind you and baby is doing well.

Hampton - You can't ask for better results - congrats.

Gem - Feels like this amnio is taking forever to happen for you (can't imagine how you feel). What was your risk score? Dont feel you have to have it, you can change your mind if you and DH wanna.

AFM - my last post bragging bout my MS being almost gone jinxed me. I've been in bed the last 2 days and I'm visiting Perth and can't see my friends or go to dinners...so annoying, but again at least I know it's a good sign. Bring on Fruday for my scan!

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thats no good bebe - I thought the MS would have subsided a bit for you. But like you said, at least its a good sign. Are you still taking stuff for it?

Yeah it is taking forever isnt it. Its not til next Thursday. And then a week for results I guess? Well DH still wants to get it done. He thinks its the best option for us. My risk was 1;41. Sounds high when you put it like that, but its about 2 and a bit %. I dont mind the actual procedure side of it, I think what I'm annoyed at is having to keep quiet about the pregnancy because we are getting it done. I wouldnt feel comfortable having everyone know whats happening, especially if something bad were to happen.

So I kinda feel like I've been made to keep it a secret, and I havent been able to celebrate this pregnancy like normal people do. Like my brother, his partner is due 2 weeks before me and they told everyone they were pregnant when they found out. Not a care in the world. Grrrrr. Im so jealous. Shouldnt complain though hey, I am pregnant afterall, and thats what I should be grateful for.

And OMG, I read somewhere that fruit tingles help heartburn...what a lifesaver (haha), they really do help. Dont have to have those stinking heartburn ones anymore, cause they make me gag haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I thought it was almost gone too. I still still have Zofran, but have only taken it a few times. I am taking another b class drug that I need everyday so am trying to take as few as possible just to be safe. Am just about to pop one though as I feel LIKE POO!!

Your results are scary, but as you say the odds are still in your favour - you still have 40/41 chance bubs is perfect. I agree with your DH, I'd do the test but totally understand your frustration with not being able to share. Once you get the all clear how do you plan to share your news??

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know we should do the test. I guess I just feel ripped off, about not being able to be too excited. Im sick of having to be cautious. And now all the funs been taken out of it haha. Im just gonna send a bulk message to all my friends with a pic of the scan...

At least the zofran works hey. Imagine if they had nothing out there to take for it. I only had it a couple of times, so I cant even imagine what you're going through. It feels horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    smootch - You may be in luck if you fancy Twiglets! I went into Coles last night on the hunt for Skips and the only crisp-like thing they had in the UK section was Twiglets!

41hope - Yum I am going to order Skips from that site if they don't have any in the UK shop at the weekend. In fact I'm going to wander round the shop and buy loads just in case I get any mid week cravings again!

Hamptonk - Great news on the scan, that must be a weight off your shoulders.

Gemini85 - Hopefully time will fly and all will be good with the amnio then you can shout your good news out from the rooftops.

bebehvala - Sucks that you still have MS, hope it will disappear very shortly for you. You kind of forget what 'normal' feels like don't you?

claire - Let us know how the yoga goes, I wouldn't mind trying that myself.

Samarasmum - Great news that you're back to baseline and can move ahead again. Fingers crossed this time will be the one.

AFM - Really fed up with my work at the moment. I would have left my job if I hadn't got pregnant after this cycle but feel trapped there now until I have the baby. Even though it's only going to be until the end of July, it just feels so long and I'm not sure how much longer I can stand it. I was thinking of starting a Diploma in Counselling as I already have a degree in Sociology and would like to take it further and start counselling teenagers. Just not sure how I would cope with being pregnant, working full time and doing a Diploma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babystepswa I’m going to Yoga West in Shenton Park. It’s on Saturday’s. Here is some info: http://www.yogawestwa.com.au/pdf/Flyer_Preg_Oct10.pdf

HamptonK Great news – congratulations!

AFM, So tired, I'm actually typing this in my sleep zzz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Wow haven't posted for ages, but I've been reading everything. Out of our Playgroup there are 10 of us (that I can think of now). 5 of us are pregnant - due next week, May, June, July (me!) and August. 2 of them really aren't trying and 1 has just had a baby a few months ago. And the other 2 of them have been trying longer than any of us It's really sad, because one of them was due on the same exact same day as me, but she lost the baby at 8 weeks. When she told me, I didn't really realise that she miscarried (I thought she just had a false positive HPT), but I think she really was pregnant until 8 wks I hate talking about pregnancy stuff in front of the two that are trying, but all the others seem to be a bit oblivious to it. One of them is going to try IVF with the same clinic as me, so that's exciting. I really hope it works for her the first time, although I know it doesn't always work that way. I was first time lucky with that clinic, but it was really my 3rd cycle and 4th transfer....

Cliare - I started prenatal yoga too. They run do Preparing for Birth classes which I will do next term (at a Physio Centre) and Postnatal yoga with the baby from 6 weeks until crawling.

Klong - that's no good that you don't like your job - but just hang in there until the baby comes. Can you get mat leave? I hated my job last time I got pregnant, but I ended up leaving early so that I could move to Brisbane while DH was deployed overseas. Otherwise I would have been on my own for 6 months with no family support. How long will your Diploma take? I used to study part time and work, but not while I was pregnant. I started doing my Masters, but put it on hold for a year while I moved and then until DS was over 3 months. But then he started crawling at 5 months, pulling everything out and I couldn't get it done. I hope I can go back and finish it one day - probably before I go back to work after the next one.

Gemini - when is your amnio again? You probably wrote it, but I can't find it. It must be really hard to keep it from everyone, but at least there won't be any doubts when you do tell them. Also, one of the Mums in Playgroup told everyone when she was 6 weeks and the pregnancy has seemed to go FOREVER... I can't even remember her not being pregnant and the baby's still not here. At least you don't have everyone asking you, so it won't drag on for you either.

bebe - hope you feel better soon!

Hampton - glad your scan went well. It's a bummer about your DVD. We were told we were supposed to get a DVD, but they didn't give it to us, nor has the FS sent us anything. The clinic sent us the stats based on the unltrasound, but the letter said they hadn't factored in the BT results, so would send us something further, but they never did. With DS, there was a really low chance and that was only 2 years ago, so I can't imagine any significant difference. Maybe I will still find out though.

As for finding out gender - I really want a suprise this time as I had wished after that I didn't find out with DS. My friend didn't find out because her DH told her that "there aren't too many surprises in life". Another friend who is due 4 weeks before me just had her 19 wk scan and found out. Her DH didn't want to know and told her he would be devastated if she let it slip. Now she wishes that she didn't find out, because it is so hard to keep the secret. She can't even tell her mother or anyone at work because he might find out. What a lot of pressure!

Oh, not sure if I posted on here how I had a visit from my midwife the other day and I've also got a student midwife. I'm starting to get really nervous about the birth!! I got to hear the HB which was good, because I don't really feel pregnant - apart from the extra weight.

A big Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Klong – yeah time is flying I guess, this year is already going really quick, but it seems so slow some days cause im so anxious lol

Don’t stress about work too much. Like you said, you only have until July. I'm a bit the same with my job at the moment. More fed up with the stupid people. But I hope most of them would have left by the time I return in 2 years haha. Do you reckon you could start your diploma after the baby is born or will that be too much?

Claire – I will have to check if they have pregnancy yoga here in Darwin. Wouldn’t mind doing something like that. Otherwise I might just get a dvd and do it myself.

Mum2Angus – yeah I know what you mean about people telling everyone really early. All my friends did that with me. Told me the day they peed on the stick. It was soooo annoying. It dragged on forever. At least by the time I tell people I will be close to 4 ½ months. Pretty much half way. My amnio is next Thursday. I have been thinking about ringing to see if they can bring it forward, but with how busy my ob is, he will probably say no.

Oh man, if you’re nervous about the birth then I should be really nervous. You’ve already been there and done it before haha. I have always wondered with the gender thing, how many people have been accidentally told by the doc?? Or seen it on the ultrasound? Cause at 20 weeks it would be pretty obvious hey. What happens if the first shot of the baby on the screen is between the legs and you accidentally see it? Especially with those 4D scans they do now.

Well I’m 15 weeks today, but I hardly feel it. Apart from heartburn, I have no symptoms. I occasionally feel movement in there, but not sure what it is yet. And I don’t really like any food lately. Nothing looks appealing. Its weird. Not stopping me from getting fat though!