Closed Thread
Page 44 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just a quick update because I finally feel positive about this pregnancy progressing. I've been really apprehensive after my last mc, but today's blood test results showed high hcg (>20,000 at 6 weeks) and my FS is extremely happy with all my results today. It was good news, as I've continued to have spotting a couple of times a week, and last week's test came back a bit low on oestrogen so they increased my pessaries to 5x a day. Nice to know that the extra hassle is worth it.
    Now I need to wait until Friday week (10th Feb) for my scan.

Samarasmum, I hope that your hcg gets back to normal quickly and your next cycle is the one that brings you your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats great to hear Babysteps! Hope the wait goes quickly for your scan.

I so want to buy an ultrasound machine and doppler for home. I would stay home all day and just stare at it haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted anything for a while as not much has been happening for me lately but I have been keeping up with all your posts.

Had my first ob appointment today and all went well. Had more blood tests to test for everything under the sun! I was weighed and measured and was given all the information regarding classes etc for when I'm further along. Went through my medical history and answered any questions I had and that was about it.

The midwife said it was a bit too early to hear the heartbeat on the doppler as I am only 12 weeks today and not showing at all yet. She said if she did it today and couldn't get it then it would just worry me so I have been booked in again for 4 weeks time just as a quickie appointment so I can hear the heartbeat and put my mind at rest.

I asked about the fact that I'm not having a scan until 19 weeks and she said that was perfectly normal since I chose not to have the NT scan. I figured there was no point in doing it even though I am desperate to see the baby again because even if they had told me I was high risk then I would have been too scared to go ahead with the amnio. Due to that decision I only have a dating scan which I had at 6 weeks and then I go straight onto the morph scan at 19 weeks. Ah 7 more weeks to go until I see the bubba again!! Hope it goes fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow gals, it's SUPER quiet in here!!

Babysteps - congrats on great numbers. We will be can buddies on the 10th!

Klong - Did your OB try to talk you into having the NT done? If you wanna see bubs again before then, just be sneaky and go to another Dr. to get a scan referral

Gem - are the peeps at work still gossiping?? Lemme know if you buy the equipment - I'll be straight over give it a go!!!

AFM - Flew to Perth with DH yesterday to stay with him for a week while he is here working. MS has backed off a lot, which is so nice. Although I've been getting a lot if cramping and back aches which is making me very nervous!! I'm 11 weeks today and just busting a gut for my NT scan next week.

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 01-02-2012 at 08:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Goodness, I thought I was starting to get my energy back, but now I'm so tired again today!

It's good to hear that everyone is going well and that's why it's been quiet. I don't really have anything to share either, except that I have my first midwife appointment of Friday. She is coming to my house, so I am a bit nervous about that! Also, DH and I are going out for dinner tomorrow night while one of the other Mummies from playgroup comes to babysit. I am excited about that as we've tried to go out for dinner with DS a few times but he just gets bored and squeals, runs/climbs around. Imagine when we have 2 It's good when they are really little though because they just lie in their pram. I am starting to get really excited about having another baby now. I'm 15 weeks today, so actually when I think about it, it still seems like AGES away.

I was thinking of cooking some meals for the freezer for after the baby comes, but again, that's AGES away... Oh no, I was feeling positive, now I'm just exhausted thinking about it... But then I have a friend who announced that she was 15 or 16 weeks just before Christmas and now she must be about almost 24 weeks - so that's gone really quickly.

I've gone out and bought some maternity clothes. I do have some from when I was pregnant last time, but they're in a box somewhere. Target had some nice ones and I saw in the catalogue that Big W has some too. The Kmart one's weren't that comfortable and I looked at Pumpkin Patch, but couldn't really see much (and it's really expensive).

Sorry I've had a bit of a 'me' post, but it's been so quiet in here. Gemini - I was going to get a doppler off eBay, but they retracted the sale and I read that there is no evidence that it is safe or not for extended use. So I wouldn't want to risk it. Hopefully my midwife has one and will use it every time I see her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man it's sooooooo quiet in here. I hope that means everyone is okay...

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

It is super quiet in here hey haha. I keep meaning to post all the time, but work is pretty busy at the moment.

Klong – I cant believe you have to wait 7 weeks for another scan. That would drive me insane. But that scan is gonna be awesome. It will well and truly look like a baby then.

Bebe – Haha yeah ive caught a few people at work looking at my belly. Bugger em, im gonna keep them in suspense for even longer. Teach them a lesson. Its one person in particular. My boss. She is a biatch. A nasty gossiper, who causes so much trouble in this office. She even told my girls that I was gonna leave on mat leave soon so I better make sure they are trained to take over when I leave! Friggin rude hey. And I haven’t told ANYONE im pregnant yet. Grrrr. How are you going? Is your back feeling any better? I have lots of cramps and back aches. I assume its normal haha

Mum2angus – yeah I read about the dopplers to, and not knowing whether they were safe or not. I can dream though lol. Mind you, I’d be doing it everyday, and stressing when it wouldn’t work, so maybe best if I don’t get one haha. Gee your organised, already planning meals for when the baby arrives. That’s a good idea though. I didn’t even think of that. I might start planning that too haha.

Not much happening with me. I don’t really feel pregnant at the moment, so of course, I’m stressing. But I’m sure everything will be fine. I just want to feel the baby kick. I have felt a few bubbles, but everyone tells me that’s just gas.

I tried a few of those gender prediction things, like the bi carb soda test, and the ring test etc. Everything points to a girl. Pity I have to wait until July to find out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini85 I think the bubble you are feeling could be your baby moving. When I fisrt felt my babies move it felt like butterflies. I don't beleive it is gas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heehee, I hope so Samarasmum...how are you doing hun? Feeling any better? Hope your treating yourself xx
    Last edited by Gemini85; 02-02-2012 at 14:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure it is Gemini85. I am good, trying to get things done. I finally went to the dentist today. I might just ring and organise a reflexology session. DD has not been well and I had to collect her from school yeaterday. Hopefully she feels ok to go to school tomorrow, so I can a free day.